ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2004 Daily Mirror with special thanks to Bootcover
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 New Album (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
September 15th, 2004 02:25 PM
Joey
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

We are doomed non believing heathens. Some Guy's god is coming to get us. Look out!

Hey - What did you have for lunch by the way?

I had the " Three Happiness " at P.F. Changs
September 15th, 2004 02:31 PM
glencar I had Chinese last night!
[Edited by glencar]
September 15th, 2004 02:34 PM
glencar U2's about to "drop" another album? I hope TRL tells us all about it! MTV rocks.
September 15th, 2004 02:35 PM
Some Guy Ben & Jerry's Rules!
September 15th, 2004 02:39 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
Joey wrote:

I had the " Three Happiness " at P.F. Changs

I had a bottle of merlot, feta cheese and an avocado with onions. Come smell my breath right now. I dare you!

September 15th, 2004 02:58 PM
Joey
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

I had a bottle of merlot, feta cheese and an avocado with onions. Come smell my breath right now. I dare you!

Excuse ME whilst I grab that Avatar and U- U- U- Uncake !

*** JOEY SMASHES THROUGH THE GLASS OF HIS MONITOR , GRABS LAMBY'S AVATAR , AND BEGINS A MARATHON FECAL SWAB SESSION *****

Fecal !

[Edited by Joey]
September 15th, 2004 03:23 PM
glencar AND BEGINS A MARATHON FECAL SWAB SESSION *****

No Joshy today?
September 15th, 2004 03:35 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Excuse ME whilst I grab that Avatar and U- U- U- Uncake !

*** JOEY SMASHES THROUGH THE GLASS OF HIS MONITOR , GRABS LAMBY'S AVATAR , AND BEGINS A MARATHON FECAL SWAB SESSION *****

Fecal !

[Edited by Joey]

thats gotta hurt after a while?
September 15th, 2004 03:35 PM
Poplar
quote:
jb wrote:
No one who truly loves the Stones would ever support this band....they are tantamount to those 80's MTV kids who never grew up ....

That may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this board.

I've always liked U2. (expect for "Rattle & Hum," which was sorry). They were one of the few bands that made good music when I was a kid. If you're telling me that means I don't truly love the Stones - blow me.

September 15th, 2004 03:37 PM
glencar I even liked Rattle & Hum. Pop sucked though. Bono's great. If he gets a bit annoying, at least he puts his money where his mouth is.
September 15th, 2004 03:41 PM
Some Guy All That You Can't Leave Behind is simply amazing.

September 15th, 2004 04:15 PM
sammy davis jr. jb just hates anyone who makes him look like a pauper financially.....Bono can afford the designer threads, he just chooses not to. U2 IS a great band- not always my cup of tea, but at least their fucking ORIGINAL.
September 15th, 2004 04:21 PM
Some Guy If all Zips are Zoodles, and all Zoodles are Zonkers, then all Zips are definitely Zonkers.
The above sentence is logically:
True
False
Neither
September 15th, 2004 04:28 PM
Bloozehound I'm not a big U2 fan but I thought that All That You Can't Leave Behind was a decent return to form, they got atrocious during the most of the 90's
September 15th, 2004 05:09 PM
beer
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

Bono may be a real piece of work on many levels - but he has more talent and soul in his toenail clippings than you ever will, I strongly suspect, dear.

Anyone who's created the handfull of really great songs he has, should be cut some slack. Plus - he's being obnoxious for a good cause. What have you done with YOUR life?

[Edited by Lambchop*]

Your like a yapping little dog nipping at my ankles. leave me out of your retarded posts.
Go fuck yourself, bitch.
September 15th, 2004 05:59 PM
Moonisup i don't really like u2, but well, for the ones that like them, no harm done
but when bono says that the stones are history, well, he should remember that they played half filled stadiums when the stones had filled ones.
September 15th, 2004 06:38 PM
Potted Shrimp JB: you are a stupid, brainless loser.......
Please get a life and leave this board.

September 15th, 2004 07:45 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
beer wrote:

Your like a yapping little dog nipping at my ankles. leave me out of your retarded posts.
Go fuck yourself, bitch.

Little dogs like things that smell funky, and your ankles have a VERY curious odor!

September 15th, 2004 09:07 PM
glencar Bono said the Stones are history? Hmmm. Maybe if they don't come up with new songs soon.
September 15th, 2004 10:11 PM
sammy davis jr. I'd say he's more right than wrong at this point.....
September 15th, 2004 11:09 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
Bono said the Stones are history? Hmmm. Maybe if they don't come up with new songs soon.

U2 will be history soon. I think that this is his last album and BTW the title is horrible.
September 16th, 2004 01:33 PM
Some Guy NEW @U2 EDNA G. ON HTDAAB
September 15, 2004
posted by: m2

Edna Gundersen, USA Today's longtime pop music writer, was asked about How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb in her weekly web chat Tuesday. She said she'd heard the album, and it "does indeed live up to the buzz. I've only heard it once, but I heard enough to conclude that it's better than All That You Can't Leave Behind and that it probably will top many critics' top 10 lists this year (including mine). What's most impressive about it, besides the usual inventiveness and musicianship, is the dizzying excitement level. This is a band that doesn't have to fight for the rock summit but it's still got a scrappy street energy that explodes out of the grooves. A very cool record. I can't say more because Interscope will put me in handcuffs, or a muzzle."

September 16th, 2004 08:59 PM
exile
quote:
beer wrote:
bono has graduated from 'twat' status,to full fledged cunt.

Ha ha thats funny :-)
September 17th, 2004 03:51 AM
scratched Best Bono yet!
September 18th, 2004 09:21 PM
Some Guy Helicopters, quad-bikes, cranes in Spain...must be the video-shoot for "Vertigo."
Directors Alex Courtes and Martin Fougerol, pulled together a sixty-person crew, to work with U2 in a remote river basin on the east coast of Spain on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week.
Burning sun, high winds and even heavy rain only added to the stark, wilderness vibes of a remote spit of land in the Delta de L'Ebre, on the Spanish coast.
Centre stage was a gigantic circular target –- laid out painstakingly in huge concentric circles of black and white granite over the sand -– and in the firing zone as usual were U2, their performance of the upcoming single release "Vertigo" blasting across the landscape.
If you didn't know you were in Spain, you could easily think you were in the middle of Nevada desert -- somewhere, in fact, where they used to test atomic bombs.
"We've had rain, high winds and been sandblasted to bits," reflected Edge, in a break in the shoot. "How come Duran Duran got to go to the Seychelles and hang out with beautiful girls on yachts?"
The band met Alex and Martin in France during the summer, having come across their earlier work, particularly the video for the White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army." They loved their proposed treatment for "Vertigo," which Edge describes as a "great rock 'n' roll song which captures the sense of unease in the world that many people feel at the moment."
And playing the song some forty times in two days, whatever the conditions, is no problem for a band who are as hungry as ever to create great music.
"Videos always take time," says Adam. "But I think of it as a great chance to rehearse the single."

© U2.com, 2004.
September 18th, 2004 11:31 PM
Soldatti Well at least they are doing videos. When was the last time that the Stones did a video? Saint Of Me?
I would love to see a new one after 7 years without albums and video clips
September 20th, 2004 08:18 AM
Gazza >No one who truly loves the Stones would ever support this band....they are tantamount to those 80's MTV kids who never grew up ....

Considering Mick, Keith and Ronnie have all done studio work with them (and in Keith's case played live with them) I guess that only leaves Charlie as the only true Stones fan within the Rolling Stones.

What a load of wank.
September 20th, 2004 08:53 AM
erikjjf
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
When was the last time that the Stones did a video? Saint Of Me?

Don't Stop, 2002. It may very well be their worst video ever.
September 20th, 2004 10:19 AM
jb
quote:
Potted Shrimp wrote:
JB: you are a stupid, brainless loser.......
Please get a life and leave this board.

3 posts bitch!!!!
September 20th, 2004 10:23 AM
LadyJane Joshy...lots of strange "newbies" cropping up. You shoulda been here this weekend.

I smell a rat.

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3