ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2004 Daily Mirror with special thanks to Bootcover
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 New Album (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
September 20th, 2004 10:27 AM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Joshy...lots of strange "newbies" cropping up. You shoulda been here this weekend.

I smell a rat.

LJ.

Maybe some malcontents from other sites ...they are afraid to use their real names when they attck me and resort to the poloitcs of personal destruction as they will never achieve my successes in life.....They will never own a Cayenne Turbo!!!!
September 20th, 2004 10:34 AM
Moonisup

best friends:

September 20th, 2004 08:00 PM
Soldatti Great pics.
September 21st, 2004 09:01 PM
Some Guy Are these guys the next Stones? This new album is looking great!
September 21st, 2004 09:04 PM
Some Guy Speaking of radio, this is interesting...

Two radio industry news web sites are reporting an "add" date of October 5th for "Vertigo." What's an "add" date, you ask? That's the first day a label wants radio stations to start actively playing a song. Labels want the "add" date to be coordinated because if all stations start playing a song on the same date, the single will debut high on the radio charts. If stations start playing it on different days, the chart position will likely be lower.

So the question becomes...is this Friday (Sept. 24th) Interscope's ship date or delivery date for "Vertigo"? Either way, it looks like U.S. radio stations will be asked to hold the single -- not play it -- until October 5th. Our radio source says that "Vertigo" is probably the most highly anticipated single to hit radio this fall, and that no rock station will want to sit on the song for a week or more waiting for October 5th. In the end, we're told, it's up to the owners of the radio stations to decide if they're going to follow Interscope's request or not. If one starts playing it right away, you can pretty much bet everyone else will, too.
September 21st, 2004 09:52 PM
Soldatti I listened a little of Vertigo, nothing interesting so far. I will wait for the whole version.
[Edited by Soldatti]
September 23rd, 2004 03:25 PM
Soldatti I never liked at all U2.
I just heard "Vertigo", the first single on the radio.
Holly shit! That song is awesome, is the harder tune from U2 that I remember, the drums sounds strong, the riff is killer, the guitars kicks ass and the chours are very catchy.
Very modern rock sound, great song.
BTW it starts in spanish!: Un, dos, tres, catorce (One, two, three, fourteen... in english)
September 23rd, 2004 06:36 PM
Some Guy I just heard the entire song on the radio for the first time today! DAMN, THAT SHIT IS H-O-T- !!!! Blown the f$ck away I tell you!! Best song of the year.
September 23rd, 2004 06:39 PM
Some Guy RADIO station Nova has been heavily promoting a world exclusive broadcast planned for this morning - the much-anticipated new single from U2, Vertigo.

It found an illegal copy of the song from the internet on Wednesday - ahead of its worldwide release to stations at 6pm today.

Nova negotiated with horrified U2 management to not play the song until 8.30am today.

But a tough letter from U2's lawyers saw a change of heart last night, and Nova will wait until tonight like everyone else.

"It's extraordinarily disappointing," program director Dan Bradley said. "The song's awesome, U2's the biggest band in the world, but unfortunately we'll have to wait an extra 10 or so hours, and I apologise to Nova listeners for that."

© Herald Sun, 2004.
September 23rd, 2004 07:10 PM
Bloozehound I heard Vertigo today

punky

reminds me of old skool u2

September 23rd, 2004 08:28 PM
sammy davis jr. But you guys forget- "U2 sucks" remember? The Stones could only wish to write songs as good. U2 are rich as well, but they still have the passion.
September 23rd, 2004 08:35 PM
Some Guy
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
But you guys forget- "U2 sucks" remember? The Stones could only wish to write songs as good. U2 are rich as well, but they still have the passion.

that was jb.
September 23rd, 2004 10:17 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
that was jb.

I think the same!!!
September 23rd, 2004 10:18 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I just heard the entire song on the radio for the first time today! DAMN, THAT SHIT IS H-O-T- !!!! Blown the f$ck away I tell you!! Best song of the year.

The best rock song of the year, IMO.
September 24th, 2004 11:07 AM
gimmekeef Heard it this am...sounds ok but not at least first listen as anything I'd want to rush out and "must have"....As far as best of the year...shit what's to compare it with?...USHER for christs sake!
September 24th, 2004 11:18 AM
jb With the exception of Joey C10, most of the other C10oer's love U2.
September 24th, 2004 11:27 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
With the exception of Joey C10, most of the other C10oer's love U2.

THE JOEY HATES U2 ( they copy THE WHO )

W- W- W- What ?!?!?! Oh , sure :

" Just like a sailor heading into the seas
There's a gale blowing in my face
The high winds scare me but I need the breeze
And I can't head for any other place
Life would seem so easy on the other track
But even a hurricane won't turn me back
You might be an island
On the distant horizon
But the little I see
Looks like heaven to me
I don't care if the ocean gets rough
Just a little is enough ................."

J. kins !

September 24th, 2004 09:44 PM
Soldatti I think that the new song sound a little as Lenny Kravitz.
[Edited by Soldatti]
Page: 1 2 3