ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2004 Daily Mirror with special thanks to Bootcover
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: U2 New Album (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
September 14th, 2004 04:53 PM
gimmekeef Just read where the album called "How to dismantle an atomic bomb" (yes) and single Vertigo will be out on radio late Sept or so and album in US stores Nov 23.The story stated a tour likely to follow in March 2005.That could mean no Stoes in US until late 2005 as they tend to use same roadies and probably wouldnt want to overlap schedules anyway..FYI
September 14th, 2004 05:12 PM
erikjjf They toured simultaneously in 97-98.
September 14th, 2004 05:20 PM
Some Guy Cool news! I really liked that last album, classic. Thanks.
September 14th, 2004 06:32 PM
exile If it sounds anything like that song 'Lemon' GOD help us
I barely survived the early nineties having to endure that GOD alful song
September 14th, 2004 09:17 PM
Soldatti
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
They toured simultaneously in 97-98.

Yes, but with 5 months difference...
September 15th, 2004 12:09 AM
erikjjf When the Babylon tour started in the US in September 97, U2 were still on tour in Europe. When U2 played their 2nd leg in the US, the Stones were still doing their first leg of the Babylon tour. Both bands toured in the Spring of 98 as well.
September 15th, 2004 12:22 AM
T&A I have never understood the widespread adulation thrown at this band. One big yawn for me.
September 15th, 2004 11:02 AM
Some Guy After U2 revealed the names of six songs to be featured on their upcoming new album last week, come reports of a full running order for the 11 track release, expected to hit shops in November.

According to unofficial reports the record will be called Vertigo and, as rumoured, it has been given a November 22 release date, with the first single, also entitled "Vertigo," expected in shops late September.

U2 themselves issued a statement last week confirming that the songs "Vertigo," "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own," "City of Blinding Lights," "A Man and a Woman," "Yahweh" and "Crumbs From Your Table" would all appear on the Steve Lillywhite-produced record.

"It feels like a special record," Bono explained in the October edition of Q magazine, "From the start we wanted to make our own Who's Next [classic 1971 Who album] where every track mattered and I think we have done that."

The album's release is also expected to be followed by a massive world tour, which will take in more than 50 cities and is rumoured to include a headlining slot at the 2005 Glastonbury festival.

A full tracklisting for the new record also surfaced online today (September 4), which -- while still unofficial -- includes all the songs mentioned by the band and has been replicated on a number of major record shop pre-order websites.

"Vertigo"
"Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own"
"City of Blinding Lights"
"A Man and a Woman"
"Yahweh"
"Crumbs From Your Table"
"All Because of You"
"Tough"
"Miracle Drug"
"Full Metal Jacket/Native Son"
"Love Peace or Else"
September 15th, 2004 11:08 AM
jb U2 has sucked for a very long time....sadly, they remain popular b/c the young people today are rather stupid....
September 15th, 2004 11:13 AM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
U2 has sucked for a very long time....sadly, they remain popular b/c the young people today are rather stupid....

jb, i have never been a big U2 fan until their last album. it is truely great, a very inspirational feel to the whole thing. I highly recommend it!
September 15th, 2004 11:15 AM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

jb, i have never been a big U2 fan until their last album. it is truely great, a very inspirational feel to the whole thing. I highly recommend it!

Bono is a twat...
September 15th, 2004 11:19 AM
Some Guy Did U2 Plan to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb?
Another set of domain registrations means more speculation about the name of the next U2 album
@U2, July 12, 2004
Matt McGee

Domain name registrations are once again offering a possible clue about the name of U2's next studio album.
Following up on our recent report about three domains -- U2vertigo.com, .net, and .org -- that were registered by James Cooke of Dublin web firm Digital:CC, @U2 has discovered three additional domains that were registered back in February by the same James Cooke:
howtodismantleanatomicbomb.com
howtodismantleanatomicbomb.net
howtodismantleanatomicbomb.org

Only the .org domain specifically lists Cooke's name; the others have fake address information (Times Square, NY, 00000), but use the same dvibe.com domain in the contact information and are sourced from Joker.com, the same registration source on the U2vertigo domains.
This discovery fits in nicely with a recent report on U2log.com that British artist Damien Hirst offered "Vertigo" and "How to Deconstruct an Atomic Bomb" as possible song titles after hearing some of U2's new material.
Adding further intrigue is word from an @U2 reader that Christian singer Michael W. Smith told a concert crowd last month about a recent conversation he had with Bono, during which Bono shared a possible album title: How to Dismantle the Atomic Bomb. As Smith tells the story, Bono asked if he (Smith) knew how to dismantle an atomic bomb. Smith said "no," and Bono answered his own question: "Love. With love." Bono and Smith are friends who recently appeared together for the launch of The One Campaign in Philadelphia.

It may also be worth noting that the three "atomic bomb" domains were registered on February 6th of this year, just days before Billboard reported that Steve Lillywhite had been asked to take over album production duties. The three "U2vertigo" domains were registered June 22nd, as U2 was in the final two weeks of recording. It's easy to speculate that "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" was one of the early names being considered, and that "Vertigo" may have replaced it as the recording sessions came to an end. But until the album name is announced, that remains nothing more than speculation.
September 15th, 2004 11:23 AM
Joey

<-------U2 has sucked for a very long time....sadly, they remain popular because the wasted youth of today are rather stupid....

Agreed little buddy ..........Agreed !
September 15th, 2004 11:24 AM
jb Go Cornhuskers!!!! Let the Callahan era begin with greatness!!!
September 15th, 2004 11:29 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Go Cornhuskers!!!! Let the Callahan era begin with greatness!!!

Hello My Jewish Brother ........................

Don't forget that Rosh Hashanah begins at Sundown today and lasts all day tomorrow .

Callahan has got his work cut out for him as he just expelled his All-Star Starting Center for GOOD !!!

...at least we are not going down the tubes like Penn State !

" Little Joe has got to GO Ronnie ! "

Furskee Joe !

September 15th, 2004 12:02 PM
beer bono has graduated from 'twat' status,to full fledged cunt.
it's true folks.
September 15th, 2004 12:12 PM
jb
quote:
beer wrote:
bono has graduated from 'twat' status,to full fledged cunt.
it's true folks.

No one who truly loves the Stones would ever support this band....they are tantamount to those 80's MTV kids who never grew up ....
September 15th, 2004 12:18 PM
Joey

< -------- No one who truly loves the Stones would ever support this band....they are tantamount to those bathetic 1980's MTV kids who never grew up ....

You raise a very interesting point little fella .

Off to P.F. Changs I go !
September 15th, 2004 12:29 PM
gimmekeef I have liked U2 since the start.But I love the Stones.Some folks would say grown men sending messages on a website about 60 yr old rockers could use some "growing up"...(re the MTV comment)
September 15th, 2004 12:35 PM
jb U2 had one good song....
September 15th, 2004 12:50 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
beer wrote:
it's true folks.

Bono may be a real piece of work on many levels - but he has more talent and soul in his toenail clippings than you ever will, I strongly suspect, dear.

Anyone who's created the handfull of really great songs he has, should be cut some slack. Plus - he's being obnoxious for a good cause. What have you done with YOUR life?

[Edited by Lambchop*]
September 15th, 2004 12:51 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
beer wrote:
it's true folks.

Oh yeah - I forgot - you're a sexist pig.

September 15th, 2004 12:56 PM
jb Read my lips-No new Bono!
September 15th, 2004 01:02 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
jb wrote:
Read my lips-No new Bono!

Yassar emailed me this morning complaining you don't return his calls. Yet another lovers spat? Josh - you guys have been together too long for that Sharon guy to get in the way. Think about it.
September 15th, 2004 01:18 PM
nankerphelge ZZZZZzzzzzzz
September 15th, 2004 01:39 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
ZZZZZzzzzzzz

YYYYYyyyyyyy

September 15th, 2004 01:52 PM
Baby Steelie XXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxx. . . .

September 15th, 2004 01:55 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Read my lips-No new Bono!

No Steelie ...........No Peace !

Speaking of Baby Steel Magnolia , a cold front is heading towards Chicago today , so I hope my baby will not nip nip to hard at the bottle this evening ( What with his Heminevrin prescription and everything )

Developing ..................................

Shiver .....................................

" Stones Rule You Friggin Bastards ! "

Curscee Joe !
September 15th, 2004 02:13 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
Joey wrote:

No Steelie ...........No Peace !

Speaking of Baby Steel Magnolia , a cold front is heading towards Chicago today , so I hope my baby will not nip nip to hard at the bottle this evening ( What with his Heminevrin prescription and everything )

Developing ..................................

Shiver .....................................

" Stones Rule You Friggin Bastards ! "

Curscee Joe !

It's damn windy by the lake I'll tell you. Getting worse by the hour. Should I check the weather channel?

Baby Steelie is safe amoungst the corn.

September 15th, 2004 02:23 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
Joey wrote:

Yes , please check the weather channel . Yesterday we had a high temperature of 97 Degrees . Right now the temp stands at 60 Degrees -- YOU figure it out !!!!

" I HATE Thunderstorms at 4:00 AM Ronnie ! "

Friskies !

We are doomed non believing heathens. Some Guy's god is coming to get us. Look out!

Hey - What did you have for lunch by the way?

Page: 1 2 3