ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
thanks thanks Mr. Jimmy
Rogers Centre, Toronto September 26, 2005
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: For Ian Billen: Corroboration of Mick's songwriting dominance... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
September 22nd, 2005 08:05 PM
jb Riffhard is a cool dude!!!! I wish we could have got drunk...I am a wicked SOB when wasted...see ya in 06!!!!!!!!!
September 22nd, 2005 08:50 PM
Riffhard It was a real pleasure greeting you my man! Next we drink to each other's health!! January is coming soon Josh,and then we shall give lessons on greeting!

Riffhard
September 22nd, 2005 08:58 PM
Sir Stonesalot Riffy...

That last post sounded REALLY gay.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

September 22nd, 2005 08:58 PM
Neocon Oh so now I'm in the cross hairs! Lol.

Look, lots of phrases could be both. Keith will use baby "Baby Break it Down." Mick "Anybody Seen my baby." So yea, the differences exist, but so do the similarities. For all we know Keith may have come up with the words "Baby let me down slow" on the chorus as well as melody. Can you tell? "As well as "I don't want a confrontation, I got my back to the wall." Right?

Just curious what you think a 4th tune of Keith origin might be? Again, I'm not just arguing to argue, I think you see that, that's a smaller motive anyway. Lol.

For me I don't see why you would say he didn't start "She Saw Me Coming," particularly with Blondie Chaplin singing backup. The guitar sound on "It Wont Take Long" again, why wouldn't that be Keith. In addition "Dangerous Beauty" and "Look What the Cat Dragged in." The style of Riffing could have started bare bones.

Let's read into the guys words "I like to come in with the bare bones of an idea and see where it goes." He did say Mick "Comes in more prepared....knows how the songs supposed to go...or think he knows." You know that quote. The "ones I laid on him were Rough Justice, This place is Empty and Infamy." So yea, it sounds like he knew where those were going already, but brought bare bones of ideas alone. Some may have been Mickified, like "Let Me Down Slow" was Keithafied. But again, Mick brought more for sure....

September 22nd, 2005 09:10 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Riffy...

That last post sounded REALLY gay.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

LOL! Yeah,upon rereading that post there is no doubt that the gay factor is peaking. Not that I meant it to sound that way mind you. I'm all man baby!

Riffhard
September 22nd, 2005 09:19 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I'm all man baby!<

Yeah...so are most gay men. If they weren't, they'd be lesbians.

>that's a smaller motive anyway<

Don't worry PeeWee, it'll grow once you hit puberty!

BTW, this is official notice that I don't really have any give a fuck left about this thread.

September 22nd, 2005 09:27 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Neocon wrote:
Oh so now I'm in the cross hairs! Lol.

No,no,no Neocon. I'm not trying to put you in the crosshairs. The only person that drives me nuts on this thread is Ian. Look,I know that Keith had alot to do with this album. I have never stated otherwise. My point is that this album is dominated by Mick songs. The fact that they "worked together like they haven't in years" means nothing as far as songwriting goes. This disk reeks of Mick. It's blatantly obvious,and I am just stunned that some here can't hear that. Much like Steel Wheels was predominatly a Mick influenced album. At the time I'm sure some would argue that it wasn't mostly Mick,but in the 20/20 vision of hindsight we now know that it was. Well the same goes for ABB. I wish that I still had that interview of Keith stating that Mick wrote the lion's share of the tunes,but I have since thrown it away. If memory serves it was an interview from Radio and Records. Which is a radio trade rag. He made no bones about the fact that Mick had loads of songs in their infancy form,and that together they beat them into shape. That tells me that Mick came into the process well ahead of Keith,and that he dictated the direction of the album.

It's a pointless argument really though. Because Ian will never budge on his position until Keith personally calls him up and tells him what many of us already know to be true.

Riffhard
September 22nd, 2005 09:30 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

It's a pointless argument really though. Because Ian will never budge on his position until Keith personally calls him up and tells him what many of us already know to be true.

Riffhard

Riffy..If Keith Richards WALKED UP TO HIM....he'd ask for ID.

Pointless. Totally pointless.

LJ.
September 22nd, 2005 09:44 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LOL
September 22nd, 2005 09:46 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Pointless. Totally pointless.

LJ.

Howe right you are Lady Jane! I swear the god it's like driving sixteen inch penny nails into a four by four with your forehead trying to have a rational disscussion with the guy! You just walk away shaking your pounding head.

Riffy
September 22nd, 2005 09:50 PM
Thing One Ian has a hold on you people. He is a real puppet master. He yanks your chain, you dance.
September 22nd, 2005 09:54 PM
Thing One
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

LOL

That's it. I'm putting you on the Best Posters List
September 22nd, 2005 10:25 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Thing One wrote:
Ian has a hold on you people. He is a real puppet master. He yanks your chain, you dance.

Baby Steelie????

September 22nd, 2005 10:37 PM
Thing One
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Baby Steelie????

Girlfriend, you do NOT wanna go there. You just don't.
September 22nd, 2005 11:13 PM
glencar I always assumed IanBillen was Swedish myself...
September 23rd, 2005 12:07 AM
the good
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I wish that I still had that interview of Keith stating that Mick wrote the lion's share of the tunes...
Riffhard

Frankly, Riffhard, this would establish nothing.
September 23rd, 2005 01:01 AM
Bloozehound frankly my dear,

I think this Ianboy be queer
September 23rd, 2005 06:27 AM
IanBillen "Who's pissed off Ian? I think there are some people who think you are nuts...but I don't think anyone is angry. I know I'm not. You can call me stupid if you want. I've been called a lot worse...most of it true."

Like I said. It was the Virgin Marketing team who play a major role in determining the success or failure for this album and those are the people I directed my stupid comment at. Read my post and I think you will realize this. How would you of been responsible for the success or failure of this album? You are only one buyer.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
September 23rd, 2005 06:55 AM
IanBillen You know what. It really shows the level people like Bloozhound, Gypsy, and Riff Hard stoop too. All you folks can do is call names when someone doesn't agree with you.

Idiot, Fool, even queer. Come now. Ask wgwalsh, on this board, who personally knows me how gay I am??? I worked with him for years and he will surely tell you that gay, I certainly am not.

And to top it all off I am getting blamed for this thread.....? I only responeded to a post that's subject line had my name in it. Geeze.

So I will not debate this anymore here. You have your opinion and I have mine. I'll never change your mind and nor do I want to if that is the way you see it. The difference between you and I is I don't need to call silly names like we are on the playground if you don't see something the way I do.

Does it really even matter anyway? I am not seeing any money from this album and to my knowledge neither are any of you. It is a damn fine Rolling Stones album that is truly harder hitiing and more solid than in perhaps decades and that is all I know.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
[Edited by IanBillen]
September 23rd, 2005 12:24 PM
Bloozehound HaHaHAhA!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)