ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stadium was not "wide open" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
22nd September 2006 02:14 PM
SweetVirginia From StonesDoug posted on Shidoobee:

"The final ticket count and a few other things:

When all is said and done, the band was only 3000 seats shy of a sell out. Not bad for theirm fifth time in Boston in about a year and playing way out in the boonies with no real public transportation.
Word from the crew is that the band does check SHIDOOBEE daily and that was one of the main reasons for the shake-up of the setlist. Also look for many different song selections for the upcoming US shows."

22nd September 2006 02:19 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
throbby wrote:
Memories can fade, but distance from stage not too different then what I remember at Fenway.

Negative will find negative and positive will find positive.

Here's a photo taken before they came on. That railing on the right side is the end of Mick's catwalk. I think the space just looks huge from where I was standing. Do you think it's similar to other stadium shows?

[Edited by SweetVirginia]
22nd September 2006 02:20 PM
jb Completely different!!! No way that much space!!! Wow!!!! A real filler job!!!
22nd September 2006 02:21 PM
jb
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
From StonesDoug posted on Shidoobee:

When all is said and done, the band was only 3000 seats shy of a sell out. Not bad for theirm fifth time in Boston in about a year and playing way out in the boonies with no real public transportation.
Word from the crew is that the band does check SHIDOOBEE daily and that was one of the main reasons for the shake-up of the setlist. Also look for many different song selections for the upcoming US shows."

Bottom line, I was correct...can you beleive we are happy with "only" 3k empties in a 45k seat gig!!!
22nd September 2006 02:31 PM
throbby Wow! Now that's an eye opener. Seats appear to be a further 12-15' back than normal. Still beats Hershey where the seats were right up against the stage and you saw nothing unless they came out to the edge. You pick which would be worse.
22nd September 2006 02:33 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
Wow! Now that's an eye opener. Seats appear to be a further 12-15' back than normal. Still beats Hershey where the seats were right up against the stage and you saw nothing unless they came out to the edge. You pick which would be worse.

Yes throbby!!! this was way up front-what a rip-off for people who paid big $$$........I am very sorry you had to go to this show.
22nd September 2006 02:33 PM
glencar That's why we saw few empties! They added empty space at the front & at the back to give the illusion of a sell out. pretty funny!
22nd September 2006 02:34 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
That's why we saw few empties! They added empty space at the front & at the back to give the illusion of a sell out. pretty funny!

I am so sorry you had to experience this my friend..better luck at AC!!!!
22nd September 2006 02:35 PM
glencar
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
From StonesDoug posted on Shidoobee:

Good Lord! No offense to Shiddddoooobbbbbeee but they should read this board instead. Have the Shiiidddooobbbeeeans revealed what they thought of Lil T&A? They probably all loved it. The Stones need honesty, not sycophancy!
22nd September 2006 02:36 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

I am so sorry you had to experience this my friend..better luck at AC!!!!

Joshy, in all candor, the show was great fun. I've actually enjoyed most of what I've seen lately except for that first London show. That stank!
22nd September 2006 02:37 PM
jb I now completely understand why keith sticks to the ballads and slow tempo rockers..this is truly sad, offensive, vile, and everything we hoped wpould never happen to our heroes..I am so upset for Glencar, Throbster, Nellie, etc who had to see this first hand...god bles you all for putting on a brave face for all of us..
22nd September 2006 02:42 PM
glencar Twas nothing...
22nd September 2006 02:43 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Twas nothing...

Did you hide during Keith's set? I just can't get over that Little T&A thing....that was inaudible crap!!!
22nd September 2006 02:46 PM
throbby Oh, I'm not sorry I went. Never saw that angle until now. Came in from the back, went down the steps, and went up to my seat. I truly think that my second row seat in Hershey was a far worse rip off than being in the first row twenty five feet away from the stage. At least they saw everyone on stage.

I refuse to be negative or down in the dumps about Gillette. The Stones mixed it up, they took some chances. The setlist was a nice change for a stadium show. I was there and believe me I didn't leave feeling like it's the end of the Stones.
22nd September 2006 02:46 PM
glencar Nah, I cell phoned people.
22nd September 2006 02:49 PM
LSTNT
quote:
jb wrote:

Did you hide during Keith's set? I just can't get over that Little T&A thing....that was inaudible crap!!!

Do you really want to make an analysis of the song based upon that extremely low quality one channel video. Let's hope we can get a high quality booleg to give the song the justice it deserves.
22nd September 2006 02:50 PM
jb
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

Do you really want to make an analysis of the song based upon that extremely low quality one channel video. Let's hope we can get a high quality booleg to give the song the justice it deserves.

This is why I never, repeat never, like to listen to the post Taylor era boot.
22nd September 2006 04:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Good Lord! No offense to Shiddddoooobbbbbeee but they should read this board instead. Have the Shiiidddooobbbeeeans revealed what they thought of Lil T&A? They probably all loved it. The Stones need honesty, not sycophancy!

Aside from Mick, "the band" are hardly able to turn on a computer. Can you seriously imagine Charlie Watts sitting in his hotel room logging on to Stones websites? Jesus.
22nd September 2006 04:09 PM
glencar As predicted, they all loved it! I sure hope Keith doesn't read anything positive about that song.
22nd September 2006 04:28 PM
LSTNT
quote:
glencar wrote:
As predicted, they all loved it! I sure hope Keith doesn't read anything positive about that song.

If it's not on the side of a vodka bottle chances are pretty good he will not see it.
22nd September 2006 04:31 PM
Saint Sway shit Keith could dock the Pirates ship in that space.

I feel bad for the fans that bought those "front row" seats

but I also feel bad for the band. Its gotta suck to go out onstage and have all the space between you and your audience. So disconnected.
22nd September 2006 04:34 PM
LSTNT
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
shit Keith could dock the Pirates ship in that space.

I feel bad for the fans that bought those "front row" seats

but I also feel bad for the band. Its gotta suck to go out onstage and have all the space between you and your audience. So disconnected.

I wonder why that was done, as the floor seats had already been sold, so all they accomplished was making less room in the back. The satge was not brought forward as it was all the way back and Section 128 was truly on the side of the satge. I wonder if it had to do with the fireworks and the new rules since the Providence tradegy.
22nd September 2006 08:16 PM
glencar LSTNT please check PM!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)