ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stadium was not "wide open" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
21st September 2006 12:30 AM
Poison Dart The crowd was very late arriving. Nobody, I mean nobody was watching Kanye West open the show. The guy was dancing around to 55k empty seats. I almost felt bad for the guy.

West was booed when Mick thanked him for opening the show.

As far as when the Stones went on. The stadium was at least 98% full. I really only noticed nosebleed seats empty.

THERE IS NO WAY THAT STADIUM WAS 10% EMPTY. NO WAY!!!
21st September 2006 12:37 AM
Poison Dart The Bostopn Herald said yesterday only 3k seats were left. As a matter of fact local radio said the walk up sales were great and the show sold out.

I disagree w/that. There were some empty seats at the opposite end of the stadium in the higher levels.

But, in the end this show sold very well. Espically when you considder this was the 5th show in Boston and the 6th in New England in a year.

The show was 98% sold out.
21st September 2006 12:48 AM
Poplar
What about the show? LotsaJoz gave a bad review, despite the setlist.
21st September 2006 12:54 AM
lotsajizz the stadium was configured to hide the vast sections left unsold...I estimate attendance of 50,000...could've fit another 15,000 easy

and yes, Kanye West sucked

big time

21st September 2006 05:16 AM
Gazza Stadium holds 68,700 - if it was configured to hold only 45,000 for a concert that would mean about 30,000 seats not being available and then you have the ones on the field being added to bring it up to that amount. Usually you would expect about a quarter of the grandstand seats in a stadium to be unused because of the dimensions of the stage

Its not unheard of to bring the stage forward a bit to make the place look more packed (they did that at Wembley several years ago) but if 45,000 or even 50,000 is a correct figure, thats quite a few. For a stadium of that capacity, it should be capable of holding comfortably in excess of 55,000 for a Stones concert.
[Edited by Gazza]
21st September 2006 06:27 AM
maumau i am sorry to say that again
but i really can't see the bad news in the fact that the stones cannot sell a stadium anymore
sure it may sum up to "the end of it all"
but also to a "new life" of the band- if they got that in them
then, if not, let it be
i dont need anymore stadium world tours
as i type this i know i am going to buy a ticket if they ever come near next year
but i see i would/will do it more for the addiction of it than the meaning i see in it
21st September 2006 06:32 AM
maumau of course last night setlist (how about the sound and the performance? how about keith?) was a solid step in the right direction (but still, where the hell is ABB???) since it looks a lot like a theatre setlist from licks (at least the first 13 songs).

So go on this way, forget unfilled stadiums, bring on packed arenas with better sound and consistent setlists. They seem to have it

Still i am worried about keith
21st September 2006 06:32 AM
Gazza the lack of sellouts doesnt bother me in the slightest, Maumau

if anything, I'm glad that theyre seeing that fans arent complete lemmings who will pay through the nose to watch the same songs on a video screen from 100 yards away every time they click their fingers

If it gives them a reality check and encourages them to play arenas instead and not keep putting their prices through the roof - fine by me.
[Edited by Gazza]
21st September 2006 06:42 AM
maumau
quote:
Gazza wrote:
if anything, I'm glad that theyre seeing that fans arent complete lemmings who will pay through the nose to watch the same songs on a video screen from 100 yards away every time they click their fingers

If it gives them a reality check and encourages them to play arenas instead and not keep putting their prices through the roof - fine by me.
[Edited by Gazza]

that's it, i mean, the reality check
call me Candide, but i really believe a reality check of some sorts can come from that and also from the fact that - after last night it seems undeniable - they keep an eye on us around here.

I dont see a future if their only horizon remains stadium tours. I think that if they want to keep rolling they have to find a business in scaling down their show.

21st September 2006 07:24 AM
lotsajizz only 43,000...sadly JB was right....

21st September 2006 08:31 AM
Green Tea 43k out of 45k isn't bad.
21st September 2006 08:32 AM
Green Tea Poison Dart is correct. The stadium was 98% full.
21st September 2006 08:47 AM
Maxlugar It's a sad day when 3000 tickets are still available for a Rolling Stones show on the day of, and we celebrate this.

21st September 2006 08:53 AM
lotsajizz Bullshit...that place could fit 55,000 for a show easy.....45 K was the setup to mask how poor tick sales were
21st September 2006 09:04 AM
janzy It was setup to hide empty seats.
The seats next to the stage area were full at the other Stones show I saw there.
They were "upgrading" people to the "onstage seating", ushering people into that area.
Many of the enclosed boxes were also empty. I was apprehensive about going, but I grabbed a couple of tickets for $22.50 and the seats had a perfect siteline from the endzone. Sound was good and I thought the band was on fire.
21st September 2006 09:11 AM
FotiniD 3000 empty seats is no big deal and not enough to raise thoughts or make them stop or anything.

So, does any of us get a share from the tickets these guys sell?

21st September 2006 09:14 AM
lotsajizz 3,000?!?! There were 25,000 empty seats, more than a third....now even in a jammed demand situation, all of them do not get sold or set-up, but I've been to Foxboro when they've fit 60,000+ in for shows.....
21st September 2006 09:18 AM
Steel Wheels Does anyone care if tickets get sold? I only care about my ticket. Just strange that there's NOTHING else to talk about besides if paper tickets are sold or not sold, if a seat is empty or not.

In 40 years the seats will be empty and every show will be "wide open."

Enjoy the Rolling Stones and the most important thing about them - the music.
21st September 2006 09:35 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:

In 40 years the seats will be empty and every show will be "wide open."

He has a point there.
21st September 2006 09:43 AM
Maxlugar I've never seen so much space between the first row and the stage, as in the pic Sweet Virginia posted!

People in the first row needed binoculars!
21st September 2006 09:45 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I've never seen so much space between the first row and the stage, as in the pic Sweet Virginia posted!

People in the first row needed binoculars!

Now THAT'S an empty space to worry and nag about

I want a classic front row back!
21st September 2006 11:27 AM
Steel Wheels We live in a society that made Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, and Puff Daddy some of the biggest names in music history. We make billions for people like George Lucas to make shit movies since 1980. Friends was a hit TV show. We elect George Bush for president. Steven King is a best-seller. NASCAR is the nation's #1 sport. Oakland Raiders shirts are still selling huge. Bon Jovi is enjoying a come-back. Oprah. Fucking Oprah.

So if people flock to horseshit, buy into horseshit, support horseshit, vote for horseshit, listen to horseshit, watch horseshit, and deify horseshit, I'm glad to hear internet rumors about empty seats and poor album sales for The Rolling Stones.

The Rolling Stones are mine to love and no one else's.
21st September 2006 11:29 AM
jb
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
We live in a society that made Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, and Puff Daddy some of the biggest names in music history. We make billions for people like George Lucas to make shit movies since 1980. Friends was a hit TV show. We elect George Bush for president. Steven King is a best-seller. NASCAR is the nation's #1 sport. Oakland Raiders shirts are still selling huge. Bon Jovi is enjoying a come-back. Oprah. Fucking Oprah.

So if people flock to horseshit, buy into horseshit, support horseshit, vote for horseshit, listen to horseshit, watch horseshit, and deify horseshit, I'm glad to hear internet rumors about empty seats and poor album sales for The Rolling Stones.

The Rolling Stones are mine to love and no one else's.

Good post-I am amazed by Bon Jovi;s sales-I really thought they were done 10 yrs ago....and I detest Okrah.
21st September 2006 11:36 AM
LSTNT
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
3,000?!?! There were 25,000 empty seats, more than a third....now even in a jammed demand situation, all of them do not get sold or set-up, but I've been to Foxboro when they've fit 60,000+ in for shows.....

You must have been at a Blushing Brides concert, Gillette was packed except for 3rd tier sporatic seat openings. The stage was not pulled forward as Section 128 was truly side/behind stage. Absolutely awesome show, if you didn't enjoy this one, nothing will satisfy you.
21st September 2006 12:21 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

The stage was not pulled forward as Section 128 was truly side/behind stage.

No but it looks like the crowd was pulled back about 10 rows.
21st September 2006 12:21 PM
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

No but it looks like the crowd was pulled back about 10 rows.

Please post picture..(Paul Lynde optional).
[Edited by jb]
21st September 2006 12:31 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
jb wrote:

Please post picture..(Paul Lynde optional).
[Edited by jb]

From Sweet Virginia on the sticky thread.

21st September 2006 12:33 PM
jb That sucks!!! Way oo far away from stage!!! Hope that is simply to fill in gaps here.
21st September 2006 12:34 PM
Joey " People in the first row needed binoculars!"

21st September 2006 12:35 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

You must have been at a Blushing Brides concert, Gillette was packed except for 3rd tier sporatic seat openings. The stage was not pulled forward as Section 128 was truly side/behind stage. Absolutely awesome show, if you didn't enjoy this one, nothing will satisfy you.

I've seen them more than two dozen times...many excellent performances have been met with my rave reviews. Last night was not one. And Maxy's right, the front row distance was pathetic.
[Edited by lotsajizz]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)