ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stadium was not "wide open" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
21st September 2006 12:37 PM
Joey " Hope that is simply to fill in gaps here."

[Edited by Joey]
21st September 2006 12:37 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

I've seen them more than two dozen times...many excellent performances have been met with my rave reviews. Last night was not one. And Maxy's right, the front row distance was pathetic.
[Edited by lotsajizz]

I have also seen them over 50 times, and never have sat that far away in a stadium as they are set up-definitely to fill the venue ...
21st September 2006 12:41 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

From Sweet Virginia on the sticky thread.

Yeah this looks like the front of stage security had room to practice their gymnastic's routine. . . .with friends. . .Sheesh!
21st September 2006 12:42 PM
pdog Calling 45k a sellout, selling 43k of those 45k, in a place that can hold 65k, and calling it a sellout, is straight up fuzzy math...
You gotta figure, they know they're getting more than an arena show to come out, and this return to The USA was for the money...
I'm excited to see them, and I hope the playing improves. It's not like they had that much time off, so there's no excuse for shitty playing...
We will know the real outlook after NYG and CHI shows take place. We'll have plenty of attendance numbers and many reviews from fans, who can confirm the quality of the shows, the quality of the fans and the quality of output from the band...
Developing...
21st September 2006 12:47 PM
lotsajizz exactly....no one could look at that crowd and think it was more than 3/4 capacity at best

21st September 2006 12:50 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
pdog wrote:
Calling 45k a sellout, selling 43k of those 45k, in a place that can hold 65k, and calling it a sellout, is straight up fuzzy math...
You gotta figure, they know they're getting more than an arena show to come out, and this return to The USA was for the money...
I'm excited to see them, and I hope the playing improves. It's not like they had that much time off, so there's no excuse for shitty playing...
We will know the real outlook after NYG and CHI shows take place. We'll have plenty of attendance numbers and many reviews from fans, who can confirm the quality of the shows, the quality of the fans and the quality of output from the band...
Developing...

Sure and not to mention that the only way they even had what they had in there was from massive free give aways and such. The day of the show you could pull up blocks of 12 all over that joint.

And now this:

21st September 2006 12:53 PM
jb Bad toupee!!! But the fuzzy math has been going on for a very long time..atleast from 94 foeward..............all in all, could have been much worse. Sad to see Keith has hit rock bottom. Should be better by next week ...............?
21st September 2006 01:01 PM
chevysales
quote:
pdog wrote:
Calling 45k a sellout, selling 43k of those 45k, in a place that can hold 65k, and calling it a sellout, is straight up fuzzy math...
Developing...

i doubt any show there holds 65k that is the number for football.
21st September 2006 01:03 PM
jb 55k depending on stage set up...what was the attendance there for Licks? I know it was over 50k!!!
21st September 2006 01:04 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:

I have also seen them over 50 times, and never have sat that far away in a stadium as they are set up-definitely to fill the venue ...

sorry but front of stage setup was just about the same (i didn't have my tape measure handy) as it was for fenway, hartford, giants and other stadiums i saw this tour... you surely can't judge by a cell phone pick from an angle.
21st September 2006 01:07 PM
jb
quote:
chevysales wrote:

sorry but front of stage setup was just about the same (i didn't have my tape measure handy) as it was for fenway, hartford, giants and other stadiums i saw this tour... you surely can't judge by a cell phone pick from an angle.

Must be angle of photo...............Fenway was a bit far as well..
21st September 2006 02:13 PM
maumau hey dudes, are you seriously so deep in this open/wide/#K thing? What for? What is the problem of Stones not selling out Boston 2006? The deeper I look into the more I think it as the greatest opportunity. And even if not..?
21st September 2006 02:21 PM
throbby Memories can fade, but distance from stage not too different then what I remember at Fenway.

Negative will find negative and positive will find positive.
21st September 2006 02:22 PM
throbby Hey JB! You were missed last night.
21st September 2006 02:23 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
Hey JB! You were missed last night.

Hi Throbby-so give the "real" review, including the good, bad, and ugly!!!
21st September 2006 02:27 PM
throbby I plan on it JB. Not too much time taking pictures last night. More focused on the performance itself.
21st September 2006 02:28 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!

21st September 2006 02:30 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
I plan on it JB. Not too much time taking pictures last night. More focused on the performance itself.

Panoramic of empties???
21st September 2006 02:30 PM
throbby You know, I think she had the seat in front of me last night.
21st September 2006 02:41 PM
throbby JB, normally I don't check out how filled the seats are, but I did look around last night knowing of your concern. The Boston paper said 45,000 this morning, but I was unable to get a head count.

Seriously though, I did not see swaths of empties in any particular section no matter how far up I looked. Nothing that was glaring anyway. Part of the stadium was closed like they normally do.

Sure there were empty seats, but none where it mattered. You'd think, who in their right mind would want to sit in the upperdeck at a stadium show, but there they were.

As always, still a mad crush to get close. That will never change.
21st September 2006 02:53 PM
jb Good to hear. Hope you didn't have any wine before which is known to cause painful headaches.
21st September 2006 03:01 PM
throbby Yes, I took your advice.
21st September 2006 03:01 PM
Dan I bet I could have got in for $5. Or less.
21st September 2006 03:03 PM
throbby Why didn't you? It would have been worth the air fare.
21st September 2006 03:04 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
I bet I could have got in for $5. Or less.

Probably free once it started...................<>
21st September 2006 03:27 PM
Dan
quote:
throbby wrote:
Why didn't you? It would have been worth the air fare.

Yeah but not missing 2 days of work and going all the way across the country for even a free stadium show. Scoring freebies in the parking lot is a thrill but not that much of a thrill. Not a bad setlist though I wouldn't be surprised to soon see IORR and YGMR in slots 2 and 3.
21st September 2006 09:34 PM
Soldatti In 2002, they sold 53,642 tickets there, a sell out according to the boxscore.
22nd September 2006 11:17 AM
jb
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
In 2002, they sold 53,642 tickets there, a sell out according to the boxscore.

Exactly my friend...the stadium was reduced to 45k and still 3k empties.
22nd September 2006 11:27 AM
glencar Inneresting...
22nd September 2006 11:49 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Exactly my friend...the stadium was reduced to 45k and still 3k empties.

Strange how when we post info like that we get the "Ryan Dempster Treatment" (see: hit hard).
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)