ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with special thanks to Alexstones from Chile!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Who 9.12 Setlist (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
13th September 2006 02:35 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Who will never be better than the Stones

They were in the 1970's. Its starting to look like they are in 2006 too.
13th September 2006 02:39 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

They were in the 1970's. Its starting to look like they are in 2006 too.

Do you really even like the Stones? Most here, with a few exceptions, feel the Stones are the greatest band of all time. Hence, it's called "Rocks-Off", a Rolling Stones message board. I know that other bands are discussed, and yes, I like the Who too..but I would never place them above the Stones in any era...Again, do you rank the Stones as your favorite band?
13th September 2006 02:40 PM
glencar I sure do!
13th September 2006 02:42 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Do you really even like the Stones? Most here, with a few exceptions, feel the Stones are the greatest band of all time. Hence, it's called "Rocks-Off", a Rolling Stones message board. I know that other bands are discussed, and yes, I like the Who too..but I would never place them above the Stones in any era...Again, do you rank the Stones as your favorite band?

Yeah sorta, I mean, I have seen them more than 25 times. And they are currently NOT my favorite band. That honor goes to Peeping Tom.
13th September 2006 02:44 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Yeah sorta, I mean, I have seen them more than 25 times. And they are currently NOT my favorite band. That honor goes to Peeping Tom.

You see, while I joke about ticket sales, concert gross, etc, I really love the Stones-warts and all. I have seen them over 50 times, and unlike some, have paid dearly. I have folowed the band since I was 10(1972), and they have alwasy been there for me. I am not at all thrilled with the current stae of the band, but like a long term marraige, it's for better or worse. I am pleased to know you also think they are #1.
13th September 2006 02:47 PM
glencar I've seen 'em about 50 times also! Is that too much? I'll see the Who once. Macca? NEVER!!!!!!!!!
13th September 2006 02:48 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
jb wrote:

You see, while I joke about ticket sales, concert gross, etc, I really love the Stones-warts and all. I have seen them over 50 times, and unlike some, have paid dearly. I have folowed the band since I was 10(1972), and they have alwasy been there for me. I am not at all thrilled with the current stae of the band, but like a long term marraige, it's for better or worse. I am pleased to know you also think they are #1.

jb, please post this comment frequently and take a break from the "wide open" posts.
13th September 2006 02:48 PM
Dan
quote:
I have folowed the band since I was 10(1972),

I have followed the band since I was 9 (1982). My mom took me to see Lets Spend The Night Together on the big screen. That experience was actually better than most of the live concerts and thats the original high I have been chasing ever since.
13th September 2006 02:50 PM
glencar
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

jb, please post this comment frequently and take a break from the "wide open" posts.

Yes, we need more of this heartfelt Joshy. Turn on your heartlight, Joshy!
13th September 2006 02:53 PM
Jumping Jack Peeping Tom feedback from the Who board:

Kinda felt bad for him cause I don't mind his music. Bad choice for an opening act for The Who. Wonder how Peeping Tom will do? Know anything about them?

If your idea of "having fun" is watching Mike Patton drink his own urine on stage, or play "hide & seek" in the dressing rooms with fecal matter, then more power to you. Good luck listening to Peeping Tom, attempting to "jam" with some of that "rock & rap, mixed with some hip-hop and tecno" as well.
My idea of paying $230 (USD) for two Who tix, would be to enjoy The Pretenders for 70 riocking minutes, and then get 2 hours of The Who2.
But that's me.

What time does the opener usually play?
I'm gonna be stuck in rush hour hell trying to get to the Jones Beach show and don't wanna miss any Who!! Aaargh!

I agree. The Pretenders should be doing more dates. The last time I saw them was in '86 I think - I actually went to see Iggy Pop (who was opening for them), i stuck around for the headliners - and was very glad that I did.

I agree. The Pretenders should be doing more dates. The last time I saw them was in '86 I think - I actually went to see Iggy Pop (who was opening for them), i stuck around for the headliners - and was very glad that I did.

Philly is a notoriously tough crowd. We threw snowballs at Santa on Christmas at an Eagles game and D batteries at a former baseball player who refused to sign here.

This being said Philly can also be a great town. Tonight it was an awesome night for the Who. They were well received and the fans were loud and giving it back to them.

However, from what I gather Peeping Tom was being booed, flipped off, and even received the "Metallica" treatment. That is to say the first couple of rows turn their back on them, literally, then continue to flip them off.

Mike was reduced to hurling insults and middle fingers as the crowd continued to boo.

Philly was receptive at first but it turned sour QUICK.

They were pretty much booed off. Patton said "Are you saying 'Who" or 'Boo"? Very good, you managed to make two words rhyme!" He flipped off the crowd and they played a mere four "songs".

They were pretty much booed off. Patton said "Are you saying 'Who" or 'Boo"? Very good, you managed to make two words rhyme!" He flipped off the crowd and they played a mere four "songs".

as I said in another thread... they were booed much more than I would have imagined they would have been... After the first song people were mostly clapping, a few boos...After the second song, or should I say "the finger" song where he sang the whole song while flipping the bird to the audience including a mega flip to an older woman in the front row for a solid 20 seconds straight(conservatively)...a lot of boos after that one... Then another horrible tune with even more BOOS and then the singers smart-ass comments... By the last song they were litterally booed off the stage. two people were standing up for the entire last song pointing to the end of th stage in a "shoo"ing mannor telling them to get off the stage...IT WAS GREAT! There was alot of applause when the last person finally left the stage.

It was odd, the music in all honesty made me nausiated... it was like some sort of ungodly crap thrown together for the WRONG CROWD!

I like how the bad made no references to them at all...smart move!

as I said in another thread... they were booed much more than I would have imagined they would have been... After the first song people were mostly clapping, a few boos...After the second song, or should I say "the finger" song where he sang the whole song while flipping the bird to the audience including a mega flip to an older woman in the front row for a solid 20 seconds straight(conservatively)...a lot of boos after that one... Then another horrible tune with even more BOOS and then the singers smart-ass comments... By the last song they were litterally booed off the stage. two people were standing up for the entire last song pointing to the end of th stage in a "shoo"ing mannor telling them to get off the stage...IT WAS GREAT! There was alot of applause when the last person finally left the stage.

It was odd, the music in all honesty made me nausiated... it was like some sort of ungodly crap thrown together for the WRONG CROWD!

I like how the bad made no references to them at all...smart move!

Their last show as Who openers?

Yeah, I didn't think that the crowd was reacting too badly at first. I tried to deal with them for the first couple of songs, but then it just seemed to be getting worse. The boos definitely increased exponentially. At the end of one song he did this horrific screeching and I think that really turned off a large part of the crowd(myself included). We took an opportunity to get a drink at that point. I thought his reaction to the crowd was pretty dumb and only increased the frustation of the crowd. Although, I guess it made the crowd appreciate the main dish even more.

I wish if only dreams could come true.
I have these ass holes for 2 more shows saturday in Boston and MSG2

I'm glad that someone else reporteed these idiots got booed off the stage.
Not like I'm prejudice or anything I told this lady sitting in front of me they were terrible it might be a good time to go for a beer.
Half way thru their set she said to me they are much worse than you said

13th September 2006 02:54 PM
glencar Thanks for the heads up on Peeping Tom. I'll skip.
13th September 2006 02:58 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

I have followed the band since I was 9 (1982). My mom took me to see Lets Spend The Night Together on the big screen. That experience was actually better than most of the live concerts and thats the original high I have been chasing ever since.

That's the problem..you never saw them like me, in 75 -81, when they were still good. My only regret not going to 72 show w/sister(RIP).
13th September 2006 03:07 PM
Dan Thats awesome that they got an actual response instead of the usual apathy afforded openers. And the people who bothered to show up early got exactly what they deserved too. I am sure they will play the remaining dates though the Pretenders are probably more suited to the old geezers who tend to populate these kinds of gigs.
13th September 2006 03:19 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

what was Mick's pretentious quote in Rolling Stone about how he cant wait to drop new songs on an unsuspecting crowd? Someting along the lines of "you want Brown Sugar? Well check out this new fucking song" or something like that

it was (verbatim)..."oh but I like 'Brown Sugar'...'yeah, well listen to THIS, cunt!" "

13th September 2006 03:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Opening night in Philly - lots of Wire & Glass:
I Can't Explain
The Seeker
Anyway Anyhow Anywhere
Baba O'Riley
Behind Blue Eyes
Real Good Looking Boy
Sound Round
Pick Up The Peace
Unholy Trinity
Endless Wire
We Got A Hit
Dream Come True
Mirror Door
Relay
You Better You Bet
Who Are You
Man In A Purple Dress
Black Widows Eyes
My Generation
Won't Get Fooled Again
Substitute
Pinball Wizard
Amazing Journey
Sparks
See Me Feel Me
Listening To You
Tea And Theatre
(From The Squeezebox @ whotour.com)

I read elsewhere that they also did 'Cry if you want' just before/after 'My Generation', in which case thats a 28-song set.
13th September 2006 03:21 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

it was (verbatim)..."oh but I like 'Brown Sugar'...'yeah, well listen to THIS, cunt!" "

What year???
13th September 2006 03:27 PM
Bitch I just want to clarify something to the Rocks Off people. I love the STONES and always have, they are the most important band to me, I have spent thousands on them, seen dozens of Stones concerts since the 70's thats 4 decades of my life devoted to them. As a young girl I lied to my parents for them, I have destroyed relationships over them, got fired because of them, etc etc etc. I'm not even a huge Who fan. I am simply pointing out that The Who did a hell of a job putting on a killer show last night, I give credit when credit is due. And it's not too often that I am this impressed with anyone besides the STONES, but these guys were fucking ass kicking top notch first rate vintage professional rock and rollers and put on an show that I am still high over.
13th September 2006 03:52 PM
Bitch In case anyone wants to hear my review of Sept 12 in Philly, here goes.

The band walked onto the stage looking really excited. Daltry wore jeans and a blue t-shirt, nothing fancy except blue tinted granny glasses. His hair is short but nice, his face looks great and his body is perfect, not fat or skinny. Townsend looked good too, he wore a blue/green/white striped rastaman hat. When he takes off the hat you can see he's losing his hair so thats probably why he wears it. The drummer is Ringo Starr's young son, and he looks exactly like Ringo and can really bang those sticks! Man I was impressed with his sheer power and control. John Starkey rules! All the other band members were excellent too.

The highlights of the night for me TEENAGE WASTELAND, the duet of the new song with Townsend on acoustic MAN IN THE PURPLE DRESS (Pete?), and BEHIND BLUE EYES. When they got to YOU BETTER YOU BETTER YOU BET, the beginning of the song was wrong, so they started it over again, and it was fantastic! WHO ARE YOU featured a Townsend solo which knocked me out, people were chearing so much Daltry said "SHUT THE FUCK UP SO WE CAN PLAY" to the audience, they couldn't hear themselves the crowd was cheering so loud. MY GENERATION was revamped into a funkier version, WE DONT GET FOOLED AGAIN was mind blowing. PINBALL WIZZARD was the ultimate song of the show, (comparable to MR and Sympathy) it was extended and took all sorts of twists and turns, louder, softer, faster, slower, it was wild. SEE ME FEEL ME TOUCH ME was the final Daltry/Townsend duet, and it was sweet, very very sweet. An awesome performance. Pete apologized for playing so many new songs, he said they wanted to "roll them out" and see how they went down live. He plugged the new album, it will be out Oct 30th.

I give this show *****5 stars, that's my highest rating.
13th September 2006 03:53 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

What year???

2005! He was talking about his enthusiasm about the new ABB songs and how he was looking forward to hitting the audience with them, instead of just playing the old familiar stuff all the time.
13th September 2006 03:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
In case anyone wants to hear my review of Sept 12 in Philly, here goes.

We do - and thanks!
13th September 2006 03:54 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

2005! He was talking about his enthusiasm about the new ABB songs and how he was looking forward to hitting the audience with them, instead of just playing the old familiar stuff all the time.

LMFAO!!! What a joke !!!
13th September 2006 03:57 PM
jb Gazza, my last Who show was there final ever NA show ever...West Palm Beach in early 2000!!! I was there!!!!
The Who are a great gig, but not even close to the concert experience of the Stones....your talking about Mick Jagger and Keith Richards..not Roger Daltrey(hawking 70's cd's) and the tainted Pete(see research project).
[Edited by jb]
13th September 2006 04:30 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL!!

the guys been playing the same 10 songs every night for 30 years

Micks quotes are sure cool. But just once, he needs to back one of them up.
13th September 2006 04:30 PM
Poplar
quote:
jb wrote:

LMFAO!!! What a joke !!!

seriously. and they have rehearsed 5,146 songs. ugh.

13th September 2006 04:36 PM
mojoman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I read elsewhere that they also did 'Cry if you want' just before/after 'My Generation', in which case thats a 28-song set.

the started my generation and i thought they were goin to jam it they probably played it like 3 minutes or so and i'm like ok its goin to be cool then pete sang like 30 seconds of cry if you want and thats it..no medley no jam...no whatever. hopefully they will make it up to me later this year.
13th September 2006 04:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
The Stones are a great gig, but not even close to the concert experience of the Who....your talking about Roger Daltry and Pete Townsed..not Sir Mick Jagger(doing bad ABC sitcoms) and the tainted Keith(see falling out of coconut tree).
[Edited by jb]

doh!

[Edited by Joey]
13th September 2006 04:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Gazza, my last Who show was there final ever NA show ever...West Palm Beach in early 2000!!! I was there!!!!
The Who are a great gig, but not even close to the concert experience of the Stones....your talking about Mick Jagger and Keith Richards..not Roger Daltrey(hawking 70's cd's) and the tainted Pete(see research project).
[Edited by jb]

why are you addressing this to me?

I cant comment on a Who show last night that I wasnt at and havent heard. However, I applaud them for having the balls and self-belief to play a lot of new material. Which the Stones DONT have. We got TWO new songs at one of the Twickenham shows I was at last month - and the album has been out for a year.
13th September 2006 05:11 PM
Joey

Blue -- Enjoy the Show tonight at Jones Beach .

13th September 2006 05:15 PM
Gimme Shelter Can't wait for the San Jose show in November.
13th September 2006 05:18 PM
Joey
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
Can't wait for the San Jose show in November.

I would like to nuzzle you

www.QWESTCENTER.com

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)