ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Perverted Charlie hypnotized by Luxury1
Charlie staring at Luxury1
© 2005 Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Magnetic Hill, Moncton 3rd September - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
September 3rd, 2005 05:11 PM
Nellcote Got a call earlier today from Lots a Jizz who is at Moncton. He says it's a huge place, did not find much security. The place has a Woodstock feel to it, he reports. He will call me later with updates, I will post as I hear from him...
September 3rd, 2005 06:33 PM
Gazza Setlist to be posted/updated here :

1. Start Me Up
2. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
3. Live With Me
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Ruby Tuesday
7. You Cant Always Get What You Want
8. All Down The Line
9. Night Time
intros
10. The Worst
11. Infamy
12. Miss You
13. Oh No, Not You Again (b-stage)
14. Midnight Rambler (b-stage) tour debut
15. Honky Tonk Women (b-stage)
16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Paint it Black tour debut
18. Jumpin' Jack Flash
19. Brown Sugar
20. Satisfaction

Thanks to Shidoobee for the setlist and thanks to Stonesdoug for the corrections this morning

[Edited by Gazza]
September 3rd, 2005 06:36 PM
Gazza Stones arrive in hub city

START ME UP:

Mick Jagger arrives at a hotel in Moncton on Friday night. The Rolling Stones will be headlining the largest rock concert in Atlantic Canada today. (Canadian Press Photo)

ROD ALLEN
The Moncton Times and Transcript

MONCTON - Ready or not. Thousands of people are pouring into the city today for "a bigger bang."

Famed rock promoter Donald K. Donald heaped praise on the Magnetic Hill concert site Friday afternoon on the eve of the Rolling Stones show.

"Nothing I can say in the form of hype can ever match what you're going to see," said Donald (aka Donald Tarlton). "And that's going to be the greatest technical spectacle of all time.

"A phenomenal day. A phenomenal evening. A magnificent concert site and perfect concert weather."

Somewhere in the praise of the site, Donald might have also mentioned Mick Jagger, and the rest of the Stones, who were winging their way to the city from their last gig in Detroit.

He also managed to slip in there that you can still get $100 general admission tickets to the show.

Less than 24 hours after it was photographed for the front page in Friday's Moncton Times and Transcript, the seven-storey main stage appeared completely transformed.

It's an angular tangle of light arrays, speakers and panels. It looks like a lunar landing module that has shaken off its swarm of construction workers and started building itself.

But when asked if it was almost finished, Susan Rosenberg could only laugh.

BRING ON THE STONES:

(CANADIAN PRESS PHOTO)
Two-year-old Emma Leblanc takes a rest as her family is camped out in her grandparent’s backyard overlooking the site for today’s Rolling Stones concert in Moncton.

"Not even close!" she said. "You are not going to believe what you will see here tomorrow."

Rosenberg is from The Next Adventure, the Toronto-based promoter in charge of the entire Stones world tour dubbed A Bigger Bang.

Dale Skjerseth, concert production manager for the Stones, said he has been talking with band members about the Magnetic Hill site and the city.

Although Moncton is the smallest city on the North American tour, it's drawing huge numbers. About 85,000 people will make it the biggest show on the entire U.S. leg of A Bigger Bang.

And that has reportedly roused Jagger's curiousity.

Donald mentioned that the band wants to "take the pulse of the region and the people" and plans to spend the entire weekend here.

There are hints of special surprises for the Moncton show but Skjerseth was giving up nothing but numbers:

A main stage weighing 170,000 tonnes, 200 feet wide and a 100 feet deep.

235 production crew members attached directly to the Stones.

106 locally hired support crew for the stage.

Six tractor-trailers full of speakers.

70 tractor-trailers of equipment all told.

Rosenberg said concert gates open today at noon, although concert-goers can start gathering outside in the morning.

Traffic in the city was already noticeably heavier late Friday afternoon.

Codiac RCMP - augmented by police officers coming in from all over the province - are ready for the job, said Cpl. Marc Gallagher.

The concert promoters have their own private army of 700 security officers at the site.

In addition to an RCMP command post and plainclothes officers inside, Gallagher said up to 500 officers have been assigned to the concert and all over the city.

The plan, he said, "is to let people in the Moncton area understand that unless they're at the concert site, this is going to be a nice normal day like any other."

Well, maybe not entirely normal, admitted the veteran officer. If the Stones have their own private army, the RCMP brought the air force.

Along with five dog teams, motorcycle-mounted officers and an emergency response team assembled from all over New Brunswick, the Mounties have not only a helicopter but two fixed-wing aircraft.

One of them will always be in the air, patrolling not only the concert site but the entire metropolitan area.

http://www.canadaeast.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050903/DGEBRIEF/309030081
[Edited by Gazza]
September 3rd, 2005 06:42 PM
Gazza Fans at N.B. concert say Rolling Stones tour may be farewell

Chris Morris
Canadian Press

September 3, 2005

Shelley Ryan, a firefighter with the Fredericton fire department, shows off her pregnant stomach painted with a Rolling Stones logo as she arrives for the Rolling Stones concert Saturday in Moncton, N.B. (CP PHOTO/Paul Chiasson)

MONCTON, N.B. (CP) - Steve Cole made the trek to a New Brunswick hillside to see the Rolling Stones before the final chapter is written in their long and legendary career. Cole, a 30-year-old musician from Saint John, N.B., wasn't even born when Mick Jagger and the Stones began a rock and roll dynasty that has endured for more than 40 years.

On Saturday, the band came to a 40-hectare field at Magnetic Hill, N.B., to perform for the first time - and many believe the last time - in Atlantic Canada before an estimated crowd of 75,000 cheering fans.

"It's just one of those concerts you have to go to," said Cole.

"The Stones, that's where it's at. They're legends."

By late afternoon, Magnetic Hill was so jammed with people that the concert announcer proclaimed it "the second largest city in Atlantic Canada," after Halifax.

Fans of all ages sprawled on the grass, danced, sang and guzzled beer as musical groups such as Les Trois Accords and Our Lady Peace warmed up the crowd for the final act - the Stones.

Some of the concertgoers were even older than the Stones themselves.

Helen Sweett and her husband, both in their 70s, drove from Halifax for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

"I've never been to an outdoor rock concert like this," she said. "I've always wanted to see what it was like. The tickets were a gift from my husband."

Jagger, 62, hasn't said whether the Stones' "Bigger Bang" world tour is, in fact, a farewell tour.

"A good thing never ends," Jagger said during the opening performance of the tour in Boston last month.

The tour will last into 2006, and it's an open question whether the elderly rockers - they're all in their 60s except for 58-year-old Ron Wood - can fight the vagaries of time and age to mount another world tour.

"Sense tells you they're getting old and who knows what will happen," said David Churchill, who travelled from St. John's, N.L., for the concert.

"I figured this was pretty close, so it's time to see them."

The outdoor concert at Magnetic Hill could prove the largest stop in the Stones' tour, and it was the largest in history for Atlantic Canada - a region often left off the tour schedules of high-profile bands.

The only other draw as big as the Stones at Magnetic Hill was Pope John Paul II in 1984.

The Stones' seven-storey-high stage dwarfed the still-standing stage where the late pope delivered his blessings.

Nearby is the strange, so-called "magnetic" hill where cars seem to coast uphill, thanks to an optical illusion. Magnetic Hill is one of New Brunswick's most popular tourist attractions.

But the fans didn't need magnetics to draw them to the concert. They were there for the timeless attraction of the Stones' music.

"They're today's music," said Mark Lapierre of Dartmouth, N.S.

Organizers' prayers for good weather were answered.

Sunny skies and cool breezes kept concertgoers comfortable while sitting on the hillside, which forms a natural amphitheatre.

Earlier in the week, hurricane Katrina threatened to travel up the East Coast and ruin the concert. But the remnants of the storm in Canada produced only heavy rains that were quickly absorbed by the bone-dry ground.

"We couldn't have asked for better conditions," said concert organizer Donald K. Donald.

© The Canadian Press 2005

September 3rd, 2005 06:46 PM
Gazza Here's a crowd shot from a few minutes ago

More than 80,000 listen to music band Tragically Hip while they perform as one of the opening acts for the Rolling Stones at Magnetic Hill Park in Moncton, New Brunswick, September 3, 2005. REUTERS/Paul Darrow
[Edited by Gazza]
September 3rd, 2005 07:03 PM
charlotte thanks Gazza, cool picture of the crowd..trying to do my part..blasting out BB along with jim beam black...
September 3rd, 2005 08:18 PM
WeepingDandelion From Shidobee
1. Its Only Rock and Roll
2. Start Me Up
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Rough Justice
5. Ruby Tuesday
6. YCAGWYW
7. All Down the Line
September 3rd, 2005 08:18 PM
T&A According to Shidoobee reports - they opened with IORR - and have already done YCAGWYW in the main set - hmmm - what's goin' on here?
September 3rd, 2005 08:22 PM
Nellcote Hey, Jagger's got the RIGHT hat on in that above pix, right Roostah?
September 3rd, 2005 08:24 PM
mac_daddy sweet!
LadyJane I see the gang is all here.

Nice to see the set list change.

Cocktail time, anyone??

LJ.
mac_daddy
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Hey, Jagger's got the RIGHT hat on in that above pix, right Roostah?

nice.
September 3rd, 2005 08:29 PM
deuce That's looking to be a great setlist, I'm starting to get jealous, I was at the Detroit show.
September 3rd, 2005 08:30 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Cocktail time, anyone??

i am in!!!

listening to big hits right now...

listened to green river (ccr) earlier - that album ends with a terrific "night time" oh, actually the songwriting credit there goes to "cadena-herman" not ray charles, and is published by planemar music (bmi).

September 3rd, 2005 08:36 PM
charlotte the bar opened at 7 in SC...
September 3rd, 2005 08:44 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
charlotte wrote:
the bar opened at 7 in SC...

glad 2 hear it!

September 3rd, 2005 08:45 PM
LadyJane From Shidoobee....
1. Its Only Rock and Roll
2. Start Me Up
3. Tumbling Dice
4. Rough Justice
5. Ruby Tuesday
6. YCAGWYW
7. All Down the Line
8. Night Time
[Band Intros]
9. The Worst
10. Infamy
11. Miss You
12. ONNYA
13. Midnight Rambler
14. Honky Tonk Woman
15. Live With Me
16. SFTD
17. Paint it Black
18. JJF
19. Brown Sugar
20. Satisfaction

NICE!!!!!

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
September 3rd, 2005 08:53 PM
charlotte WOW....MR!!!
80,000 getting a treat tonite!!!

mac, did MR on B stage in Charlotte on NS tour, Keith kicked ass!!
[Edited by charlotte]
September 3rd, 2005 08:53 PM
mac_daddy hooray - midnight rambler from the b stage!!!!
September 3rd, 2005 08:58 PM
T&A about fucking time....btw - there hasn't been confirmation that they are doing a b-stage according to shidoobe reports....also, expect a shorter set - probably 18 songs.
September 3rd, 2005 08:59 PM
LadyJane
quote:
T&A wrote:
about fucking time....btw - there hasn't been confirmation that they are doing a b-stage according to shidoobe reports....also, expect a shorter set - probably 18 songs.

What am I missing...why the early start and the short set??

LJ.
September 3rd, 2005 09:00 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
T&A wrote:
about fucking time....btw - there hasn't been confirmation that they are doing a b-stage according to shidoobe reports....

i just assumed given the size...

still - it is a very fresh setlist.

September 3rd, 2005 09:04 PM
T&A this is part of a festival - think SARS II....
September 3rd, 2005 09:04 PM
Soldatti Wow, some surprises at least.
September 3rd, 2005 09:05 PM
mac_daddy live with me made it into the setlist, too

this is shaping up quite nicely
September 3rd, 2005 09:06 PM
LadyJane I'm editing my above post to keep it all together.

LJ.
September 3rd, 2005 09:18 PM
T&A Nothing earth-shattering in the setlist - but at least it provides some hope that not all stadiums with be the same.
September 3rd, 2005 09:20 PM
LadyJane I still say Back of My Hand should be played at ALL shows.

Dammit...why do I have to wait until January for an arena show??

LJ.
September 3rd, 2005 09:21 PM
Soldatti Great to see PIB, we got real changes tonight.
September 3rd, 2005 09:21 PM
T&A agree with you LJ - BOMH should be played - it's the only blooze they've done so far - and all Stones shows should have a blooze song....
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)