ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Perverted Charlie hypnotized by Luxury1
Charlie staring at Luxury1
© 2005 Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Magnetic Hill, Moncton 3rd September - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
September 3rd, 2005 09:24 PM
LadyJane Any bets on the last song???

I say Satisfaction.

LJ.
September 3rd, 2005 09:27 PM
Soldatti Pics in Yahoo

and many more here:
http://news.search.yahoo.com/news/search?p=rolling+stones&ei=UTF-8&n=20&fl=0&c=news_photos
September 3rd, 2005 09:37 PM
monkey_man Live with me . . .SWEET!!!
September 3rd, 2005 10:03 PM
Dan Not a bad way to break in virgin territory.
September 3rd, 2005 10:10 PM
Lazy Bones two words - MIDNIGHT RAMBLER!
September 4th, 2005 01:20 AM
time is on my side Just now noticed the set list. VERY INTERESTING. Who says they play the same setlist every night?? Looks like to me that things got a little shook up tonight.

If you compare this to opening night, there have been these changes in the songs played: Ruby Tuesday, All Down the Line, Midnight Rambler, Live with Me, and Paint It Black. That's a change in a quarter of the setlist at a stadium show setting. Quite a change. In addition, It's Only Rock n Roll and YCAGWYW, the encore songs appear early in the show with IORNR as the opener. Who could have predicted this???

Also, noticed that they only played three songs from A Bigger Bang on the eve of it's release. Actually, I found that kind of strange. Wonder if they will start playing more from A Bigger Bang once the album gets released and once they get into arenas????

Does anyone know if they had a B stage tonight????? No mention of it in the setlist.

[Edited by time is on my side]
September 4th, 2005 01:52 AM
MarcusOneTree Hey, I just got back from an AMAZING Stones concert! Thought you might like to know the setlist:

2005.09.03 - Magnetic Hill, Moncton NB, Canada

1. Start Me Up
2. It's Only Rock And Roll
3. Live With Me
4. Tumblin' Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Ruby Tuesday
7. You Can't Always Get What You Want
8. All Down The Line
9. Night Time Is The Right Time / Band Introductions
10. The Worst
11. Infamy

12. Miss You (heading to B-stage)
13. Oh No, Not You Again
14. Midnight Rambler <---unexpected and truly amazing!
15. Honky Tonk Women
16. Sympathy For The Devil (back to main stage near end of song)

17. Paint It Black
18. Jumpin' Jack Flash
19. Brown Sugar

ENCORE
20. Satisfaction (I Can't Get No)
September 4th, 2005 05:32 AM
Poplar
I love the Rolling Stones.

September 4th, 2005 05:34 AM
ziggypayne
Great to see Midnight Rambler and Paint It Black pop up in there. It may be a song shorter, but this set looks a little cooler than what we had been getting.

Looks like Ruby Tuesday and Back of My Hand are rotating with one another. Hopefully we get Back of My Hand at Hershey, great little blues tune.

First time in a long time they've done a stadium gig w/o You Got Me Rocking, no?
September 4th, 2005 06:43 AM
corgi37 Great set. Of course its shorter song list. YCAGWYW & MR run to over 20 minutes combined. MR probably takes the place of 1-2 songs, maybe 3.
September 4th, 2005 07:40 AM
Jumacfly 22,21,19....they will play 15 songs in Europe..
September 4th, 2005 08:32 AM
Stonesdoug Hey Gazza----please edit the setlist---there were a couple technical problems with texting from Monckton---here is the correct setlist---sorry bout the screw up
1. Start Me Up
2. It's Only ROck and Roll
3. Live with Me
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Ruby Tuesday
7. YCAGWYW
8. All Down the Line
9. Night Time
[Band Intros]
10. The Worst
11. Infamy
12. Miss You
13. ONNYA
14. Midnight Rambler
15. Honky Tonk Woman
16. SFTD
17. Paint it Black
18. JJF
19. Brown Sugar
20. Satisfaction (Encore)
September 4th, 2005 09:49 AM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Great set. Of course its shorter song list. YCAGWYW & MR run to over 20 minutes combined. MR probably takes the place of 1-2 songs, maybe 3.

aBSOLUTELY CORRECT sIR!!!! Corgi is still the King!!!
September 4th, 2005 10:00 AM
T&A Am I the only one who gets pissed off when someone refers HTW as Honky Tonk WomAn? It's fucking Honky Tonk WomEn folks!

This is a bad omen if you ask me - sure it's nice that they mixed it up - but they took out what are arguably among the 3 highlights of the show - SSC, BOMH, OOC - replaced with safe warhorses. Can't believe anyone actually looks at this as "progress." I'm glad MR's on the b-stage - but overall a very bad tradeoff, IMHFO.
September 4th, 2005 10:01 AM
Gazza thanks for the corrections, Doug..setlist has now been updated
September 4th, 2005 12:33 PM
monctonnet It was an awesome show, you can read our impressions article here:

http://www.moncton.net/info/infoPage.aspx?id=3710
[Edited by monctonnet]
September 4th, 2005 12:43 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
T&A wrote:sure it's nice that they mixed it up - but they took out what are arguably among the 3 highlights of the show - SSC, BOMH, OOC - replaced with safe warhorses. Can't believe anyone actually looks at this as "progress." I'm glad MR's on the b-stage

valid point.
September 4th, 2005 12:52 PM
kath NICE setlist!!!! live with me!!! love it!
September 4th, 2005 02:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
T&A wrote:
This is a bad omen if you ask me - sure it's nice that they mixed it up - but they took out what are arguably among the 3 highlights of the show - SSC, BOMH, OOC - replaced with safe warhorses. Can't believe anyone actually looks at this as "progress." I'm glad MR's on the b-stage - but overall a very bad tradeoff, IMHFO.

Yeah but another way of looking at it is that they're playing somewhere they never played before and that of all the shows on the North American leg of the tour, the audience at this one will probably have a higher % of "first timers" as a result - hence an even more 'hits friendly' setlist than before. It was also a 'fesival' type show as well, which tends to attract more casual fans.

I'll reserve judgement until they play a setlist like that at a stadium in an area where theyve played a lot, such as Chicago or New York.

I'm a bit more concerned though that just 6 shows into the tour, theyre now down from 22 to 20 songs already. I hope that was just a 'festival' length and it'll be up again, although I doubt it.
September 4th, 2005 02:50 PM
Gazza

Photos by Paul Chiasson, CP
September 4th, 2005 02:56 PM
Gazza

Photos by Paul Darrow, Reuters
September 4th, 2005 03:02 PM
Gazza

Paul Darrow/Reuters
[Edited by Gazza]
September 4th, 2005 03:08 PM
Gazza

AP Photos/Paul Chiassen/CP
September 4th, 2005 04:00 PM
Moonisup and it was the first time this far north, so it's not that weird there aren't any surprises, but still: Would bob dylan care about that fact? no

September 4th, 2005 07:39 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
and it was the first time this far north, so it's not that weird there aren't any surprises, but still: Would bob dylan care about that fact? no

Personally, I found surprises in the setlist but I found this quote to be interesting. Does that make any sense, I wonder???
September 4th, 2005 08:41 PM
ezequiel2517 Very nice Some Girls hat!!! I want one of this...

September 5th, 2005 03:48 PM
lotsajizz just got back....review to follow--THE show of the tour!!! I've seen 'em some fifteen times and this was right up there with Hartford '02 for the best performance...Keith more than made up for Fenway II....Woodie blazed the solo on YCAGWYW....Mick fucked up words on Rambler, but it was all good---he even went falsetto at the end of Sympathy!! WOW!!! I love Canada!!!
September 5th, 2005 06:20 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
just got back....review to follow--THE show of the tour!!! I've seen 'em some fifteen times and this was right up there with Hartford '02 for the best performance...Keith more than made up for Fenway II....Woodie blazed the solo on YCAGWYW....Mick fucked up words on Rambler, but it was all good---he even went falsetto at the end of Sympathy!! WOW!!! I love Canada!!!

wonderful!!!
September 5th, 2005 07:43 PM
lotsajizz
8 hours drive from RI to Fredericton on the Friday, I hate border guard dogs btw
Saturday--we got to a parking lot with an early start. Right by the Route 2 on ramp for $30 Canadian, the parking lot was unchecked partying...these Canadians really pound the beer--AC DC rumor in the crowd--“they checked in last night man!”...I wasn’t holding my breath....lots of kids...the youngest Stones crowd I had seen since my first shows Hartford ’81...a lot of people knew the opening bands better than they knew the Stones! not most, but a lot. Camping had been since mid-week and a full rock festival sense was in the air if you know what I mean--much kindage scented at all turns....no doses or anything offered up though...ahh, the Dead tour days....
PERFECT weather--high of 79, no clouds...not too dry, not humid ... lowering to 62 or so by end of show
The venue approach was up a hill and through an amusement park and zoo ... we enter up Magnetic Hill from the stage--sho’ ‘nuff a bizarre sight in the middle of rural Atlantic Canada...entrances maybe two klicks from the stage, which is downhill btween us and the town
Organization weak...food lines too long, port-o-san lines an hour long! IT IS GOOD TO BE A GUY!! wife gets a coke and a couple of hot dogs...I have no appetite and have nothing but a sip...and several smokes
...huge sloping grass field, 90,000 or so there by Stones time, crowd steadily spreading inward and downhill... Saint John’s River and Moncton in the distance...very panoramic...even at night after the show.
Opening bands Les Tres Accords, Our Lady Peace, Marron 5, and Tragically Hip were all mediocre, Maroon 5 best of the bunch...just time to kill...mellow crowd.....young pretty girls abound
8:30--a tad later than the 8:15 announced. Pretty sunset over the hill, getting cooler....the sound starts, the video screen shows the familiar Bigger Bang opening, the shuttle, fireworks, a big bang, not enough, we need a Bigger Bang, EXPLODE!
1. Start Me Up--Keith struts out riffing....Mick elongating the syllables for the first time, Woody fine on the solo, stretched out an extra few bas. Mick only sings the “dead man cum” verse one time.
2. It's Only Rock and Roll--what the? not the encore?!? --maybe they’re mixing it up!! Keith tears it up on the solo....the video screen shows a collage of Video Rewind!!! bitchin’ version, the guitarists got the weave going! Bobby Keyes was terrific, Charlie the engine....
4. Tumbling Dice--same as always, Lisa wearing a skirt, she wore pants on the first two dates I saw...this is the warhorse I am most tired of so my opinion was jaded. It seemed just so-so
Mick saying “Hello.........(big pause) New Brunswick.....and (bigger pause) Newfoundland [he pronounced it New Finland]...and Nova Scotia (big cheers)...” then he slipped into French (which he does through the night), presumably saying hi to Quebec? then back to English and “we’ve some new things for you, some covers, some we haven’t done in a while. This one’s called”
5. Rough Justice--it gets better and better, kind makes me think they should have toured in the fall with the new songs and recorded final versions in the winter, Mick emphasizing “cocks” (of course).
6. Ruby Tuesday -- another pretty surprise!! Keith takes a co-vocal, I call Nellcote but my cell phone fades---something about Magnetic Hill screwed my battery and cell signal all day!.
7. YCAGWYW--best Woody solo on this tune I’ve ever heard, Mick dances out on the B-stage runway all the way, the ending sooo gospel....Lisa great
8. All Down the Line--Woody blazes on, fast tempo, horn section muted, guitars up. Mick punches the air at the ending bish-bash...
9. Nighttime--best of the 3 versions I’ve seen so far, and it had to compete with my disappointment of hearing it yet again, but the performance won out.
Mick intros Lisa, then the rest....holding Keith’s hand up as he exits the stage.
Keith says “Hello New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada...where’ve you been all my life? Moncton...hey,....oh, Woody said to say ‘hello Maine’ but I don’t know what the fuck he’s talking about. Anyway, it’s good to be here....it’s good to be anywhere. This one’s called....”
10. The Worst--afterward, Keith introduced his co-vocalist as Mister B-nard Fowler and thanked Ronnie for his “beautiful” lap slide solo--to my ears it was nothing special...I thought it was played slightly better at Fenway I.
11. Infamy--sang well, his voice strong here...I like this mid-tempo rocker, reminds me of the Winos....no Mick harmonica here, horns instead...oh well
12. Miss You --b stage slides out a minute or two into it, Charlie’s set had to be wheeled out a few yards on the stage to the section that moved out, we were hip to the stage movement and ran right up close to final location as others stood transfixed.
13. Oh No, Not You Again--Keith’s solo ripped, again these Bigger Bang tunes get better with playing this tour
14. Midnight Rambler--My fave and what I was hoping for...but the fact it came on the B-stage was a stunner. It was played superbly, the weave, the harmonica so well that few noticed when Mick fucked up the order of the lines at the spoken peak, it’s all good---ending was superb/Mick awesome on the small stage.
15. Honky Tonk Women--hip to the B-stage’s return we repositioned pretty close to stage now--maybe thirty or so rows of people--some 110 feet from stage center and left stage wing, that flower/Stones balloon out at this point, I don’t know how long, Woody finishes out by our wing (left if facing the stage)
16. Sympathy For The Devil--drum track at first, then Charlie joins in--Mick got rid of the spoken intro bit he tried out at Fenway I and II but still appears at the top of the stage, bathed in red lights with the snakeskin patterns on the video screen, Keith’s solo was super, Woody took a great solo also. Mick screams at the end the “what’s my name?”...and as we know, with each “pleased to meet you” we get the propane jets from the top of the stage
17. Paint It Black--I love Charlie on this one, Mick very dramatic...growling out the closing rap, the slashing/flashing lights!
18. Jumping Jack Flash--faster tempo than normal...Mick goes out to B-stage area again, Keith goes from wing to wing...Mick sings the droning “jumping jack flash, it’s a gas” after the main verses are over and before the guitarists go wild...the horns DID come on but I could barely hear them
19. Brown Sugar--slower tempo than normal, Bobby nailed the solo, Canadians slow on the ‘woo...woo...hooooo!’ compared to US crowds
20. Satisfaction (Encore)--Keith the first one out as fireworks explode, the first note unheard in their explosion. Mick singing it right on, sneering out the lyrics, at the end running from wing to wing again and out the B-stage runway for more! It was at least a nine minute version!

finish around 10:45 or so--we were booking it up the hill as the core four took the final bows...time to hit the port-o-san on the way up and still be ahead of 80% of the crowd
The way out was an adventure...40 minutes to car. Too few open gates in the fence...poor exit organization but better Canadian manners made it just an exercise in patience rather than a crush...easy access to highway as I threaded through hundreds of foot-traffic...156 klick drive back to Fredericton...Tim Hortons’ coffee and ham/swiss sandwich a lifesaver here!
the US border easy--of course, no dogs and I’m now clean!! Murphy’s Law!
smooth drive to Penobscot Bay Sunday, then home today.....

To sum up--the show of the tour and this band is still capable of rocking out the best they ever have (since '73)

September 5th, 2005 08:02 PM
Gazza Great review, thanks

is that your last show this year? (I presume youll be in Boston in January...)
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)