ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

¡¡¡ Viva México Cabrones !!!
¿...còmo chingaos no?

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Taylor plans to reveal all in Stones book Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
09-04-03 09:13 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Most Taylorites, like myself, just wanna see the guy given the credit for what he meant to the Stones...<

Oh bullshit. That is not what you want. You want Taylor back in the band. It's been posted here hundreds of times.

Besides, I haven't seen anyone here NOT give Taylor his proper due. I think we all agree that his tenure with the band was spectacular. Just because we don't say it over and over doesn't mean that we are slighting the guy....it's a simple case of why state the obvious.

I know the only time I attack a Taylorite is when THEY go after Woody. I don't even see the point in comparing the two. They have totally different styles, and approaches to playing with Keith. I like them both just fine. But here is the kicker...Woody is in the band NOW. Woody-1, Taylor-0.

You know, you guys should be damn glad that Taylor DIDN'T play with the Stones at the Astoria. I feel confident that it would have been....underwhelming to say the least. This way, your little fantasy can continue. You still have something to pine away for.

09-04-03 09:22 PM
steel driving hammer It's so fucking simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taylor never wrote ANY of the fucking songs in the 70's!

He was only told what to play, thats it!

If you (and yes you will) wanna get critical, yes, the fat bastard wrote Yellow Jacket and that other song.
09-04-03 09:32 PM
glencar Leather Jacket, my old friend.
09-04-03 09:40 PM
steel driving hammer Shit, your right!

Yellow Jacktet is on Voodoo Brew disc 4.

No relation...
09-04-03 10:00 PM
Steel Wheels Word up Tele, word up. Keith brings out the best always.

Keith is tremendous. He's colossal. There's a book I'd buy. For every fuck up Keef makes, for every time he hits the wrong note, there's something real about him that is so much fun to experience. It's organic, it's real life, and it's the best damn music.

Guys like Clapton and Beck leave me cold. Very rehearsed. Give me a sloppy Keef any day of the week...a little Jamaican vibe, something to drink, room to dance, and look out!

I do enjoy mixing it up around here. I'm glad I finally joined.
09-04-03 10:32 PM
Dandelion* Steelie - I LOVE your new avatar! Do you think you can get those little white gloves to move?
09-04-03 11:03 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
telecaster wrote:

It was Chicago 1988 or 1989. Man it was painfull, he must have been blasted or had a bad night

Hmm...well I know he was rather fucked up on smack at the time. So that's no surprise. If that's the only show you had to go on, I understand your doubts.

However, this Taylor bashing by some here "he's fat, he quit, yada yada" gets old. That's my only gripe. If people prefer Woody, hell they're better off for obvious reasons. Fine. But have a little respect for Taylor too. Fair 'nuff?
09-04-03 11:36 PM
AnitaX SHOWBIZ: Penni rolls into big time

JUST weeks ago, if you had mentioned The Rolling Stones to Penni Colman (14)
she would not have been able to name even one of their hits.

But now the teenager has had a crash course in the legendary group and is
following in the footsteps of Mick Jagger to perform alongside ex-Stones
guitarist Mick Taylor.

Penni, from Holme, near Peterborough, has been singing and dancing since she
was just three years old.
Now she's hoping to become a real honky tonk woman as she releases her first
single, which features the ex-Rolling Stones guitarist.

Penni, a former Peterborough High School pupil who now attends a performing
arts school in Hertfordshire, won her shot at stardom through an advert in
The Stage magazine appealing for new talent.

She beat off competition from more than 300 other singers to perform with
Mick Taylor.

"I was a bit shocked at first, but then I felt really pleased," she
said."They said I sang in a really great style and that they would like to
develop it. "Recording went really well, but it was strange being in a
recording studio. "Although I had to work hard, it's a massive opportunity,
and I'm really determined to do well. "I've always had dreams of being a
singer."

The song, a ballad called It's Only Thunder, impressed Mick so much that he
is now hoping to make an album with Penni, with the help of Chris Rea's
backing band.

The Stones had been belting out hits for 27 years when Penni was born in

"And, although she's not yet completely familiar with the likes of Paint It
Black, Brown Sugar and
Satisfaction, her step-father Paul Dickinson (47), is a long-time Rolling
Stones fan.

He told The Evening Telegraph: "I think it's a fantastic opportunity.
"It will certainly give Penni some presence and help her go where she wants
to go."

At the moment, the song is only available over the internet.

However, Penni is hoping it will be released for sale and get into the
charts.

>>To listen to the song, visit: www.shmusicmusic.com

http://www.peterboroughet.co.uk/ViewArticlemore2.aspx?SectionID=845&ArticleID=650710
09-04-03 11:49 PM
FPM C10
quote:
AnitaX wrote:
SHOWBIZ: Penni rolls into big time

She beat off more than 300 other singers to perform with
Mick Taylor.

"I was a bit shocked at first, but then I felt really pleased," she said

Good LORD. Can Taylor's career go any further into the dumper?

He should open a hamburger stand like Bill. He could serve Goat's Head Soup and sour grapes.
09-05-03 01:04 AM
beer
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Good LORD. Can Taylor's career go any further into the dumper?

The only way it could is if he performed with a member of N-Sync. Now THAT would be embarressing.
09-05-03 07:58 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote:

I don't even see the point in comparing the two. They have totally different styles, and approaches to playing with Keith.

I'd say!

One of the them (Taylor) liked to actually play his guitar on stage. Play real notes and try and lift a song to new heights when it was his moment in the spot light.

The other (Woody) likes to play air guitar and act (act?) drunk on stage. With Woody it's "listen to the notes I'm not playing". Which is all of them.

I don't see why attacking a man for quiting the Stones because they screwed him is right. On some of the shows from '69 to '73, listening to the band was just a way to pass the time until the next Taylor lead.

Yup. I just said that.

Word to yer Mamy!

MACKY!!!
09-05-03 10:02 AM
hotlicks BULLSEYE- STEEL WHEELS
09-05-03 10:05 AM
Joey " The other (Woody) likes to play air guitar and act (act?) drunk on stage. With Woody it's "listen to the notes I'm not playing". Which is all of them. "

I would like to nuzzle you .

Jercee !
09-05-03 10:12 AM
steel driving hammer Taylor could of never kept up w/ the pace on the 75 tour like Ronnie.

The Stones wanted a faster sound and Ronnie was the perfect choice.

Now lets give it a rest and leave that fat bastard alone!
09-05-03 10:17 AM
Boomy The greatest Stones show ever was played at the Pepsi Center in Denver on the 2002-2003 US Licks Tour!!!

The Jetskins won last night, Jacky!!! Fuck 'em!!!

Purdue and Nebrasa will play each other in the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio, with Larry Hagman as the ceremonial coin flipper and Steely Dan playing the halftime show.

Gekko!!!
09-05-03 10:25 AM
steel driving hammer Good one!
09-05-03 11:48 AM
jb Max , you say more in less words than I ever could do...Your posts of late, although limited, are the stuff of legend.
The summer before law school we had to read two (2) books:1)Bramble Bush and 2)The elements of style.....I never really understood Bramble Bush ....I believe it was written by the old school professors in Chicago who followed Dean Mencnicoff(sic).
[Edited by jb]
09-05-03 02:58 PM
Miss U. You can blow me too Steel Wheels.
Besides MT likes Woody.
Funny how some of these Keith worshippers don't seem to notice HIS faded looks.

"Sometimes it's better to be a quiet person like MT than a mean or shallow person."
[Edited by Miss U.]
[Edited by Miss U.]
09-05-03 03:06 PM
Boomy For all of you Mick Taylor weight bashers:

09-05-03 03:21 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
Boomy wrote:
For all of you Mick Taylor weight bashers:

I thought MT preferred Popeye's??
Since Taylor's diet seems to be the only thing that matters, thought I'd join in on the fun..what can a poor boy do?
But I repeat-that chicken eatin' son of a bitch can play Woody under the table.
09-05-03 03:29 PM
steel driving hammer Aretha Franklin might like fried chicken too I think.
09-05-03 03:47 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Screw you. That was a great post.

Unless you have a time machine, get over Mick Taylor.

Hell yeah that was a great post! Little over the top, but home to the bone. Bone o' home.

No way are you the analog namesake mirrorganger of that dude over there <-----------------, are you? Really? Really, really?

Oh yeah, KR2120, the ONLY people who bring up Taylor are Taylor himself and around 7-10 posters who yell "Taylor!" or "Liberal!" every time someone mentions how cool Ron Wood is. And Ron Wood is cool. He plays guitar in the Rolling Stones alongside Keith Richards.
09-05-03 03:56 PM
jb LIberal!!!!!!!!!!!
09-05-03 03:56 PM
Joey " Hell yeah that was a great post! Little over the top, but home to the bone. Bone o' home. "

Moonie ...................................???????????

Is that really you ?!?!?!?!?!

Where in the Hell have you been these past few months ?!?!?!?! Man , one thing about you -- You were always Minty Fresh and sure knew how to write a post .

Welcome home my Hockey Loving , Xcel Center attending , WarRoad , MN visiting , funny upside down roof building , egg roll rolling , at first sight of Bill Clinton ejaculating , Lenin's preserved corpse caressing , Granola Crunching pal .

The Wall Was Just Warmed over Arthur !

Jacky !
09-05-03 03:59 PM
nankerphelge Joey, in just two short minutes, I am going to see my uncle. And then, later, to meet my chiba connection.

09-05-03 04:01 PM
Joey Nanky ...................................???????????

Is that really you ?!?!?!?!?!

Where in the Hell have you been these past few months ?!?!?!?! Man , one thing about you -- You were always Minty Fresh and sure knew how to write a post .

Welcome home my Chiba Loving , Uncle Morty's imbibing , funny upside down roof building , egg roll rolling , at first sight of Bill Clinton ejaculating , Lenin's preserved corpse caressing , Granola Crunching pal .

The Wall Was Just Warmed over Arthur !

Nanky ..........order a " Jaigerbomb " and thank me later . I am now hooked .

Jersee Joe !

09-05-03 04:04 PM
jb Joey, they have a new 2hr teeth whitening product on the market. You can use it before an important meeting or date.
09-05-03 04:04 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Little over the top, but home to the bone. Bone o' home.

Bonafide Fungi.
09-05-03 04:05 PM
nankerphelge Will do!

And I shall toast you my Dan loving, siesta pschologizing, patented Autocool system wearing, wolf puss originating brother!
09-05-03 04:10 PM
Joey " Will do!

And I shall toast you my Dan loving, siesta pschologizing, patented Autocool system wearing, wolf puss originating brother! "

I'm serious .....................

1 shot of JagerMeister dropped inside a 1/2 full pint sized glass of Red Bull !

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Snarky !

Skittles Joe !
Page: 1 2 3