ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

¡¡¡ Viva México Cabrones !!!
¿...còmo chingaos no?

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Taylor plans to reveal all in Stones book Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
09-03-03 09:42 PM
Tom Former Rolling Stone Mick Taylor is preparing to lift the lid on the group's 70s secrets in a tell all autobiography. While MJ and the rest of the legendary combo continue their mammoth, round the world tour, guitarist Mick Taylor is writing his memoirs and promises to reveal some "home truths" about the band.

And although he remains tight lipped on the exact contents of the tome, the shy Taylor is forthcoming with his views on Jagger, Richards, Watts and Wood.

"They're still just as arrogant as they ever were," he says, before explaining why he left the group. "I left because I was peeved at not getting the credit for various songs, plus some other things."

Despite this, Taylor's time in the group is considered a golden age by the fans. Keith Richards once said: "Mick's touch, his tone, and his melodic ideas wowed me," but it appears that the sentiment is not reciprocated. "It was a pretty intense period when I was in the band," Taylor - who is yet to find a publisher - tells Teletext Total Entertainment.

"I suppose you could say I was a bit more serious about the music than some of them. It's all water under the bridge now, I guess."

Taylor, who is not in touch with Mick + Co and only sees bassist Bill Wyman, also believes that that the Licks tour will be far from the last despite a combined age of 237.

"I don't think you ever stop being a musician and I don't think musicians ever really retire, so I can see them carrying on for as long as they are able. They're still the same as ever, so why not?".
09-03-03 10:38 PM
Steel Wheels Taylor, the only thing you did was yesterday. You're so over. Slag the Stones all you want - write a hit instead. Keep living in the past. Ron Wood rules. You appear in corner bars while the Stones play anywhere they choose. I feel the Stones are, rather than the Stones were. Do you follow, fatty?

Keep on keeping in touch with that brilliant Bill Wyman. Maybe you two could form a band called the Could-A-Been's. In between the great songs from Monkey Box you two frauds could rant on all you want about the arrogance and non-seriousness of your former band mates.

Great time for a book, Taylor. How's the career? Let me get my latest issue of one of the guitar magazine for a transcript to one of your songs...OOPS! Can't find it this month, last month, or any other month.

Leave the Stones alone. You walk away from them - that's it. Head to the buffet, head to Sticky Fingers, swallow as much fried chicken as you can, and then go home and wonder what happened to the past 30 years.

Fuck your books, your lame solo records, your slagging of the best band running, and while you're at it, fuck you too.
09-03-03 10:45 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Taylor, the only thing you did was yesterday. You're so over. Slag the Stones all you want - write a hit instead. Keep living in the past. Ron Wood rules. You appear in corner bars while the Stones play anywhere they choose. I feel the Stones are, rather than the Stones were. Do you follow, fatty?

Keep on keeping in touch with that brilliant Bill Wyman. Maybe you two could form a band called the Could-A-Been's. In between the great songs from Monkey Box you two frauds could rant on all you want about the arrogance and non-seriousness of your former band mates.

Great time for a book, Taylor. How's the career? Let me get my latest issue of one of the guitar magazine for a transcript to one of your songs...OOPS! Can't find it this month, last month, or any other month.

Leave the Stones alone. You walk away from them - that's it. Head to the buffet, head to Sticky Fingers, swallow as much fried chicken as you can, and then go home and wonder what happened to the past 30 years.

Fuck your books, your lame solo records, your slagging of the best band running, and while you're at it, fuck you too.

Another Woodiot heard from.
09-03-03 10:46 PM
Steel Wheels Screw you. That was a great post.

Unless you have a time machine, get over Mick Taylor.
09-03-03 10:47 PM
full moon Taylor was great, but he is a frigging idiot and bitter just like Bill.
09-03-03 10:50 PM
KeithRichards210 Ya know, as much as everybody gets their fucking panties in a wad when somebody moans about Woody, it's amazing to me how Taylor is open season. And it's always the same fucking lame shit. "he quit", blah blah blah. Taylor was the best guitarist the Stones ever had, and if the Stones fucked him over(which they DID) then let him vent. GET THE FUCK OVER IT!!!
And I tell you something else. If Woody is so fucking wonderful on guitar, then how come people still bring up Taylor 29 years later?? HELLOOOOO!!!!
09-03-03 10:51 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Screw you. That was a great post.

Unless you have a time machine, get over Mick Taylor.

Blow me too. You're full of shit.
09-03-03 10:54 PM
Steel Wheels Full of shit? Name one thing that I'm wrong about!

I watched Mick Taylor play at a local bar. Me and 7 other people sat at the bar and listened to him. He was ok. No great shakes.
09-03-03 11:00 PM
full moon Did you get to meet him???
09-03-03 11:01 PM
Steel Wheels No I did not. I did have a CD copy of Exile in my coat pocket for him to sign...
09-03-03 11:13 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Taylor, the only thing you did was yesterday. You're so over. Slag the Stones all you want - write a hit instead. Keep living in the past. Ron Wood rules. You appear in corner bars while the Stones play anywhere they choose. I feel the Stones are, rather than the Stones were. Do you follow, fatty?

...and while you're at it, fuck you too.

Ha ha HA! I like the cut o' yer JIB, Steelie! I usually don't get quite so worked up about it, but I agree with everything you said. Especially about the book (which has yet to find a publisher...sounds like his literary agent is the same guy who books his "tours"). Taylor IS a good guitarist, but in the decades since he left the Stones he's amassed a repertoire of about EIGHT songs. He should've at least been able to pull together a guitar-oriented, small but classy career like Jeff Beck. Instead he's playing "Goin' South" in bars and griping about stuff that happened thirty years ago.

I'm glad to hear the Stones are still arrogant, at least some of the time. They're ROCK STARS, for Ganesh's sake! I hope some really bitchy stuff happened backstage that resulted in his NOT playing "Rock Me Baby" the other night. "You can plug into Woody's spare amp, Fatty." That kinda stuff.
09-04-03 12:05 AM
steel driving hammer All though Steel Wheels seemed just a bit rude, he is right on the money.

Truth is stranger than fiction, you drive through it every night.

Yup.
09-04-03 12:06 AM
Boomy I don't know. I really have nothing against Taylor, just these books, like "Stoned Alone". These guys always talk about the future, but go back to the past to make their money, and the Stones are the same way.

But, what's up with the bashing of Taylor's gut? Geez, give it a rest. So he's got a gut...go to an NFL game..better yet, go to a Stones show. You'll see guys that look like Taylor; sometimes even worse (and some of the women I've seen at the two shows I went to on Licks weren't "10's', either). Big deal.

And where in the hell is Telecaster? Man, he was serious about dropping the Stones...or maybe he's just busy.
09-04-03 12:28 AM
steel driving hammer Damm straight, where is Tele!

Since Justin Timberfuck played w/ the Stones he took a boat on Lake Michigan and never came back.

It worries me when people just leave like that.

Fuck Justin, thats all there is to it.
09-04-03 12:44 AM
KeithRichards210
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Damm straight, where is Tele!

Since Justin Timberfuck played w/ the Stones he took a boat on Lake Michigan and never came back.

Here I can certainly agree.

Sorry for the equally wild rant earlier, but dammit! Mick doesn't deserve any more bashing than Woody does. Did Mick make a wise business choice? Shit no. Does he still play with a passion? Shit YES. Would I prefer Taylor over Woody with the Stones? FUCK YEA!! Will it ever happen? FUCK NO..

Look, I still love the Stones. But that doesn't mean they're beyond criticism any more than Taylor. So let's call it what it is. It's only fuckin' rock & roll.
And personally I LIKE Taylor's tunes, even though they don't pack the punch of a Richards/Jagger tune.

We at peace now? Sorry for the "Woodiot" remark, man. Let's move on to better things...

09-04-03 12:48 AM
Boomy Keith, Steel Wheels and Steel Driving Hammer are two different members.
09-04-03 12:53 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
KeithRichards210 wrote:
Look, I still love the Stones.

Shit, to me it's almost my obsession my possession with my drinks soaking wet.

Can't dodge it, it's simple logic.

I take the Stones anyway I can cause thats all I can fucking do!

I say fuck just about all the new bands today, the harder they come, the harder they fall!

One and all....

09-04-03 08:20 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
I'm glad to hear the Stones are still arrogant, at least some of the time.

Yeah, a humble "Rolling Stones", just doesn't seem to compliment the PR. Besides I think there's a whole lot of people out there who are alot more arrogant for a lot less.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
09-04-03 10:18 AM
KeithRichards210
quote:
Boomy wrote:
Keith, Steel Wheels and Steel Driving Hammer are two different members.

Actually I was acknowledging Hammer whilst replying to Wheels..oops! I should have been a bit more specific but I think the Rebel Yell was kicking in a bit too much. LOL

But thanks anyway...
09-04-03 10:46 AM
jb I love ya Steelwheels, but couldn't disagree with you more on this one. Mick T. is understandably bitter..he made a horrendous decesion to leave the greatest rock/commercial enterprise in music history and his career has never recovered. Nonetheless, we all acknowledge that his short time with the band unquestionably was their most prolific in terms of quality albums and concerts...he playing was also undeniably majestic at that time. Most Taylorites, like myself, just wanna see the guy given the credit for what he meant to the Stones...as far as his book, who cares..Bill has written a not so nice picture and in the various books Ive read about Mick and Keith, a constant theme of the 2 of them not being the greatest guys in the world in a constant-again, who cares....I just think we should acknowledge that taylor was the right guy at the right time...would he have fit in today-who knows. Ronnie may have indeed kept the band going as a liason b/t M ick and Keith-something I doubt taylor could have done giving his "loner" mentality...However, musically, Ronnie has never really come to the top like MT did during his tenure.
09-04-03 10:55 AM
Joey Josh ...........................

In case you didn't know , Mick Taylor was " Constructively Terminated " From the Rolling Stones .

Jercee " Two Puffs " Joe !
09-04-03 11:04 AM
jb Joey, in case you didn't know, my secretaries ass is as tight as Max's wallet....
09-04-03 11:37 AM
Joey " my secretaries ass is as tight as Max's wallet.... "

Now THAT'S tight !!!!

Josh , can you bounce quarters off of it ????????

Please ................I's justs gots to knows .

You are truly a lucky man ...................and you are right : Fleabit Peanut Monkey DOES look a lot like Connie Rice .

Thanks for pointing that out to me .

" Bounce Me Ronnie "

KINS !

09-04-03 11:49 AM
jb FPMC10 has an air of mystery to him...while certainly not being in my "camp" here, he has never really gone off on me.
[Edited by jb]
09-04-03 11:56 AM
Joey I kinda like his " money shots " .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince !
09-04-03 06:18 PM
glencar Taylor's a jerk. He should stop whining. It's over Mickey T. Maybe he should call up Moby for his next project.
09-04-03 07:42 PM
telecaster
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Full of shit? Name one thing that I'm wrong about!

I watched Mick Taylor play at a local bar. Me and 7 other people sat at the bar and listened to him. He was ok. No great shakes.

I watched MT play at a local bar with 9 people as well Steel Whls, and he sucked. I mean sucked.

Let's face it, nobody gives Keith credit for bringing out great playing from both MT and RT during their respective golden eras
09-04-03 07:45 PM
telecaster
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Damm straight, where is Tele!

Thanks for caring SDH, I am floating out here in the middle of Lake Michigan and have been for several weeks.
My engine broke down on the boat and the cellphone crapped out

Can you notify the proper authorities or at least air-drop
some booze

Cold and hungry but mainly thristy

Thanks in advance

09-04-03 07:53 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
telecaster wrote:

I watched MT play at a local bar with 9 people as well Steel Whls, and he sucked. I mean sucked.

Let's face it, nobody gives Keith credit for bringing out great playing from both MT and RT during their respective golden eras

Hmmm.. I saw MT twice over the last 3 years, and he played superbly. May I ask what show that was?

I agree with you on the Keef issue, however. I think the two guitarists fed off of each other. No denying that. I know that some won't agree here, but I think Taylor brought out the best in Keith. And yes, the other way around too.
09-04-03 08:47 PM
telecaster
quote:
KeithRichards210 wrote:

Hmmm.. I saw MT twice over the last 3 years, and he played superbly. May I ask what show that was?

I agree with you on the Keef issue, however. I think the two guitarists fed off of each other. No denying that. I know that some won't agree here, but I think Taylor brought out the best in Keith. And yes, the other way around too.

It was Chicago 1988 or 1989. Man it was painfull, he must have been blasted or had a bad night
Page: 1 2 3