ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

23 years ago!!!
The Cockroaches - warm-up club gig - 1981 US tour
Sir Morgans Cove - Worcester, MA - September 14, 1981
© 1981 Ron Pownall
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How is Charlie doing?? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 31st, 2004 02:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]Lambchop* wrote:
Never had someone try to get too close inappropriately, have you?,

They know better. Our old scoutmaster was gay and still is. I had another buddy who was the greatest guy in the world...dead now...turned me on to Santana and ZZ Top. Used to have great "skating" parties at his house and he always had plenty of LSD. Funny bastard sometimes. This was back in the 60's when I was in jr. school. He was generous and he had a big a heart. His only vice was that he used to like to fuck other kids in the ass.

August 31st, 2004 02:43 PM
kath i hereby give up.
August 31st, 2004 02:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
kath wrote:
i hereby give up.

It's the thought that counts. Everyone here loves Charlie.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
August 31st, 2004 02:47 PM
Some Guy
quote:
kath wrote:
i hereby give up.

please don't!!
August 31st, 2004 02:50 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
[quote]Lambchop* wrote:
Never had someone try to get too close inappropriately, have you?,

They know better. Our old scoutmaster was gay and still is. I had another buddy who was the greatest guy in the world...dead now...turned me on to Santana and ZZ Top. Used to have great "skating" parties at his house and he always had plenty of LSD. Funny bastard sometimes. This was back in the 60's when I was in jr. school. He was generous and he had a big a heart. His only vice was that he used to like to fuck other kids in the ass.

This is quite clearly the post of the year - brilliant!

August 31st, 2004 03:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]Lambchop* wrote:
Well. It's at least "true" as far as a I know. My neck of the woods is kind of a goldmine for some very interesting "folk tales" that go back a long way. There's kind of a "secret cult" of early on marijuana growers. etc.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
August 31st, 2004 03:18 PM
kath i really don't post anonymously....and i use my actual name on the boards (what a concept!!).

anyway, i've not claimed to be an "insider"...not ever.....i just know a good friend of charlie's and he knows that i tell you guys...he knows about the website and me and all of that. he knows we are waiting for info. and he gives me very sketchy info...he didn't tell me charlie was sick at all until the news broke. but he tells me because he knows i love charlie...that we all do.

August 31st, 2004 03:19 PM
Some Guy
quote:
kath wrote:
i really don't post anonymously....and i use my actual name on the boards (what a concept!!).

anyway, i've not claimed to be an "insider"...not ever.....i just know a good friend of charlie's and he knows that i tell you guys...he knows about the website and me and all of that. he knows we are waiting for info. and he gives me very sketchy info...he didn't tell me charlie was sick at all until the news broke. but he tells me because he knows i love charlie...that we all do.

Thanks again!
August 31st, 2004 03:34 PM
jb MMD, Kath51 and I have put aside our differences and others should follow....My recent illness along with Charlies, clearly show life is too short to have enemies.
Joey and I love and respect the two Martha's and I personally hate Bill Perks with every fiber of my soul...
[Edited by jb]
August 31st, 2004 03:51 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
kath wrote:
i really don't post anonymously....and i use my actual name on the boards (what a concept!!).

I know. It would just save you some grief to post anon and email the webmaster and tell them your sources to back it up.

The internet is a wild place still...

August 31st, 2004 03:53 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well. It's at least "true" as far as a I know. My neck of the woods is kind of a goldmine for some very interesting "folk tales" that go back a long way. There's kind of a "secret cult" of early on marijuana growers. Plus the "gem" guys. That's yet another secretive cult. I'm almost sure that if one were to do some historical research that the "hippie movement" may have even at least partially developed here in this part of Maine. I think it has alot to do with the people that were sent out over the years. They never came back.

I saw a documentary about pot a few months ago on IFC or Sundance. I don't remember too much of it because I was drunk...

August 31st, 2004 04:53 PM
Gazza Enough is enough.

This is one thread, considering the subject matter, that I have a serious problem with being "hijacked" with off topic bullshit.

If anyone is wanting to post anything else that isnt relevant to the subject matter of this thread, take it fucking elsewhere. Ideally to another site or by private message, if need be.

It's no wonder that people are reluctant to post something that's actually relevant and important without it being turned into a load of crap that has nothin' to do with the subject in question.

Some fuckwits would even hijack an obituary thread with complete rubbish if they thought it would get attention. If you're going to post something on this thread, keep it relevant or shut the fuck up.
September 1st, 2004 03:51 AM
Rolling Hansie
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Enough is enough.

This is one thread, considering the subject matter, that I have a serious problem with being "hijacked" with off topic bullshit.

Thank you Gazza, I could not agree more.

And thank you Kath for your sincere try to keep us updated on Charlie's condition.
September 1st, 2004 12:00 PM
Gazza three more posts deleted as theyre spam

Obviously theres still some fuckwits who are too stupid or rude to get the message.

Dont push it
[Edited by Gazza]
September 1st, 2004 12:16 PM
Martha
Kath,

Hi there! I want to thank you for giving us the information you have about Charlie's health. You are very kind to offer this information to our board. Thank you.

We LOVE Charlie.

My gut instincts tell me Charlie will make a full recovery, just as the press reported. I have every confidence that he will be good to go....sooner than later.

And I think the word "cancer" triggers the shit out of everyone.

Chill pills for the house! I'll buy the first round.

Gary, I heartily support your request to keep this thread on topic.

Charlie, we the members of ROCKS OFF are sending you prayers for your continued health and well being each and everyday!

Now let's try to take this, one day at a time.

:-)

peace,
Martha
September 1st, 2004 01:12 PM
Some Guy Charlie will be A-OK!
The Stones will tour again!
They will release a monster new album!
Charlie will be A-OK!!
September 1st, 2004 02:52 PM
kath edited since post deleted....
[Edited by kath]
September 1st, 2004 06:06 PM
Gazza Thanks to most of you for your restraint to some of the crap thats been on this thread in the last couple of days.

Shame on those of you who felt the need to hijack and post venom and abuse on it.

If you wonder sometimes why some people are reluctant to post here much these days, this is reason enough.

Unfortunately with all the crap thats been added and then deleted on this thread in the last couple of days, I've no option but to lock this thread
Page: 1 2 3