ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

23 years ago!!!
The Cockroaches - warm-up club gig - 1981 US tour
Sir Morgans Cove - Worcester, MA - September 14, 1981
© 1981 Ron Pownall
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How is Charlie doing?? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 28th, 2004 08:25 PM
gypsy Welcome to the asylum!
August 28th, 2004 11:46 PM
kath that's sort of why i don't come here often....

but gazza wrote me and so i thought i'd better drop in again.....
August 29th, 2004 03:51 AM
IanBillen
I would like to know something:
Why is it I ask some questions about some information that so MANY here have talked about and wondered about I get chastised
for it. I am by no means the the first to mention any of these things. Then someone comes along who supposeably is credible and I come right out and ask them.
Do you know why I do that Lady Jane?
Do you know why I do that Nanker Phelge?
I do this in order to get some real information instead of a having everyone throw a thousand rumors around the internet and this board in which things get totaly blown out of proportion. And YES! they may start again, even in Charlies case.
Why not get some facts when you really can instead of....
"My friend knows this guy that has this cousin" who says Charlie this, or "He talked to Shirley and she says that".
I find it interesting how I get scorned and
called silly names because I ask for the facts
from someone who evidentally knows some real
information instead of hinting towards poor Charlies demise or speculating all over the place as many have.
Didn't it occur to you that the internet and or a message board is for exchanging information and/or opinions?
Why is it so terrible I request some facts from someone that might have those facts on a Rolling Stones message board about the groups drummer who has been diagnosed with a certain medical condition??? Or maybe I should just sit back and post messages like "Gee I have a really bad feeling about all this" or "Poor Charlie what a death sentence he has now".
Ian
August 29th, 2004 04:20 AM
F505 This is really a very sad thread. Thank you and good night.
August 29th, 2004 04:33 AM
kahoosier Somehow a thread that started out filled with heartfelt concern for a sick man well loved by many has turned into a vitriolic attack zone.

I just don't get it.

Charlie get well. Kath, thanks for your posts and your self-deprecating humor. Ian, I apprecaite your concern. Martha, nice of you to stand up for others. Board, thanks for standing up for Kath's credibility.

There, I hope that shot of positive energy centers us away from all the negative BS and name calling.
August 29th, 2004 05:53 AM
IanBillen To Kathy, and some others,
To the folks who seen my view on this I very much Thank you for it and also Thank you for making it be known.
And to Kathy, Thank you once again. You seem like an intelligent, very patient person.
My apologies for this mix-up and silly stir over really nothing.
I do hope you come and visit us again when, hopefully, all of us will just let you post what you want instead of trying to turn anyones comments or posts into a reason to argue.
Do come back and post whatever you want.
Not just about our Charlie Watts (one of
the greatest beings to ever pick up a pair
of sticks)but about any topic you like.
I and many will be here to entertain you.
Take care of yourself,
Ian
August 29th, 2004 07:47 AM
nankerphelge "Why is it I ask some questions about some information that so MANY here have talked about and wondered about I get chastised
for it. I am by no means the the first to mention any of these things. Then someone comes along who supposeably is credible and I come right out and ask them."

Because coming out and asking shows a total lack of sensitivity for Charlie and Kath.

Kath pretty much told everyone that she doesn't know Charlie personally and that she has never spoken to him. She stated that she knows someone who has, and she has kindly related to us the information that she knew.

Yet even though she told us what she knew (not to mention your annoyance with rumours rather than "official" information), you are now asking Kath about the operation Charlie had and whether they got every fuckin' cancer cell!

I find it kind of insensitive that you are asking Kath for highly personal information on Mr. Watts that she either doesn't have or she has chosen not to share out of respect for her relationship with Charlie's friends.

Yeah we all talk about it and we are all concerned.
But we also show a little bit of restraint in asking such questions.

August 29th, 2004 08:28 AM
egon i say we all chill out, have a drink & send some good thoughts to charlie.
August 29th, 2004 11:28 AM
kath is there a "decaff zone" anywhere on here maybe??

goodness.

thanks np, lj, ian, etc.

when i hear anything else from my incredibly reliable source, i will let youse guys know!!! meanwhile, i do apologize for not having slept with charlie or shirley or somebody closer to the "inside".

August 29th, 2004 12:06 PM
egon
quote:
kath wrote:
meanwhile, i do apologize for not having slept with charlie or shirley or somebody closer to the "inside".

It's never too late!
August 29th, 2004 12:28 PM
Some Guy Thank you kath and take care!!
August 29th, 2004 12:31 PM
kath "It's never too late!"

hmmmmm.....
August 29th, 2004 03:06 PM
gypsy Well said, Bill Perks.

MMD, the problem is that Ian always INTERROGATES people...he never asks politely. He wants all the info...and he wants it NOW! It is annoying.
August 29th, 2004 04:21 PM
IanBillen
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Well said, Bill Perks.

MMD, the problem is that Ian always INTERROGATES people...he never asks politely. He wants all the info...and he wants it NOW! It is annoying.

Gypsy,
Gypsy. Rarely do I pat myself on my back or toot my own horn. However, I can say for the most part I am very polite. This thread was no different.
I asked Kathy the information very politely. And no I didn't want it right that second without caring or having any manners. The reason I am to the point on this and other issues is because many folks, such as Kathy,
are not around this board forever. Your comments may be the reason why as she has indicated. They were exaggerated, Gypsy, and untrue. Gypsy, if you notice it was not me Kathy is deterred from this board, It is everybody eleses comments who jumped on me for nothing. Are you sure your not just having a bad week and need someone to rake on? Because if thats the case I am not a pile of leaves over here.
Ian
August 29th, 2004 04:43 PM
IanBillen
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
"Why is it I ask some questions about some information that so MANY here have talked about and wondered about I get chastised
for it. I am by no means the the first to mention any of these things. Then someone comes along who supposeably is credible and I come right out and ask them."

Because coming out and asking shows a total lack of sensitivity for Charlie and Kath.

Kath pretty much told everyone that she doesn't know Charlie personally and that she has never spoken to him. She stated that she knows someone who has, and she has kindly related to us the information that she knew.

You would be 100 % correct if infact Kathy was close with Charlie or was a faily member. But she isn't geez.
And there are many instances where you just might ask "how someone is doing". This wasn't one of them. And lets face it. We all want to know. It isn't like you, me, and everyone else wouldn't be wondering about it. We would be. And it isn't because we are nosey. It isn't because we want to gossip. It isn't because we need something to talk about.
It is because we are genuinnely concerned for Charlie Watts.
I just had my supervisor, who I was close with die of cancer. She left work 6 months ago with out a reason why? We went almost six months not knowing why, or what reason it was she left work. The next thing we knew she had very little time to live. It wasn't a good feeling. It may be better to get some info upfront. Charlie's prognosis and situation is much, much, different. and I, and many are Thankful for that situation of Mr. Watts and family. Now, I am tired of explaining myself for every post I make here.
Geez.
Ian

Yet even though she told us what she knew (not to mention your annoyance with rumours rather than "official" information), you are now asking Kath about the operation Charlie had and whether they got every fuckin' cancer cell!

I find it kind of insensitive that you are asking Kath for highly personal information on Mr. Watts that she either doesn't have or she has chosen not to share out of respect for her relationship with Charlie's friends.

Yeah we all talk about it and we are all concerned.
But we also show a little bit of restraint in asking such questions.

August 29th, 2004 07:49 PM
gypsy I still maintain that you came on way too strong in your questioning, Ian.
August 29th, 2004 09:11 PM
LadyJane Ian..I'm with gypsy! I KNOW your heart is in the right place.

MMD..I most certainly accept your apology.

I'm glad to see some of the more vitriolic posts have been deleted.

This thread was NEVER supposed to be about anything other than our genuine concern for Charlie Watts.

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
August 29th, 2004 10:23 PM
BILL PERKS MY POST GOT DELETED..HOME TRUTHS SUCK...THANK YOU KATH FOR YOUR GREAT CHARLIE SITE -I READ THE INTERVIEWS ALL THE TIME...KEEP AT IT MORONS,I'M ENJOYING THIS.
August 29th, 2004 10:36 PM
LadyJane
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
THANK YOU KATH FOR YOUR GREAT CHARLIE SITE -I READ THE INTERVIEWS ALL THE

Can someone provide the link to Kath's site?

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
August 29th, 2004 10:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Can someone provide the link to Kath's site?

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]

It is http://www.charliewattsfanclub.net/, the best website for Charlie

If you forget it again remember that it is also a link at the Charlie Watts space here at the board.

August 30th, 2004 04:09 AM
gypsy It's all cool, MMD. Lord knows I have posted hundreds of things, and then chickened out and deleted them. So, I gotta hand it to ya for never backing down, and for being kind enough to apologize.
Nighty-nite! Gotta get to bed...be back in a few for some more craziness.

Get well, Charlie!
August 30th, 2004 10:37 AM
Kris Kath
Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear news and not gossip. I hope it stays this way.
August 31st, 2004 12:33 PM
Lambchop*
Ian - you're a tool. Frankly - none of this is anyone's business except family and friends. I'm suprised they released the information they did.

August 31st, 2004 12:51 PM
gypsy Lamby, you're awfully smart for a sock puppet.
August 31st, 2004 12:59 PM
kath yeah, they ARE very private. they took their time releasing the information in the first place. and the minute they did, some asshole snaps a picture of him and seraphina and charlotte walking from the hospital. so much for privacy. the price for living in the public eye.

August 31st, 2004 01:04 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Lamby, you're awfully smart for a sock puppet.

Joey takes ginko twice a day...

!

August 31st, 2004 01:09 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
kath wrote:
yeah, they ARE very private. they took their time releasing the information in the first place. and the minute they did, some asshole snaps a picture of him and seraphina and charlotte walking from the hospital. so much for privacy. the price for living in the public eye.

It's one thing when a person courts that sort of thing. Even still. It's nice that people are posting well wishes and being supportive - but I hope the hell Charlie doesn't read this crap. I'd guess he'd find it creepy. I certainly do.

Thanks for sharing your info. Not an easy spot to be in. Next time you may try doing it anonymously. You'll get less grief. There's a reason why "insider" information stays that way.

August 31st, 2004 01:14 PM
gypsy Lamby, are you in any way upset or hurt over the post where jb acknowledges that "Trevor [Triumph] the Comic Insult Dog" is his favorite comedian? And how do you feel about jb mixing up the name "Trevor" with "Triumph?" Do you think that is a slap in the face for all comedic sock puppets?
August 31st, 2004 01:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:
It's one thing when a person courts that sort of thing. Even still. It's nice that people are posting well wishes and being supportive - but I hope the hell Charlie doesn't read this crap. I'd guess he'd find it creepy. I certainly do.

Creepy? Why? He might find it slightly amusing and even happy to receive the well wishes. If he did find something "creepy" it might be this making a mountain out Ian's molehill post.
August 31st, 2004 01:45 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Creepy? Why? He might find it slightly amusing and even happy to receive the well wishes. If he did find something "creepy" it might be this making a mountain out Ian's molehill post.

Never had someone try to get too close inappropriately, have you?

I hope he'd laugh about it. I doubt he's paying attention. Most people with a certain level of fame do not read the nonsense posted about them on the internet. Unless they have a twisted sense of humour - I'd suspect it's not all that healthy of a pastime.

You never told me what you're having for lunch.

gypsy - Josh is just mad that I outed him as closet PLO...

Page: 1 2 3