ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Steve Irwin "Crocodile Hunter" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
4th September 2006 02:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot My kid does a great Steve Irwin impression. I'll have to see how we can incorporate this into his schtick.

I think we all knew this was coming though. I mean, when you play Russian Roulette with dangerous wild animals like he did, the hammer is gonna come down on a loaded chamber eventually.

His movie was gawdawful.

But I liked his show. I feel bad for his family. I hope they keep the zoo going. I've heard that that place is fantastic.

4th September 2006 04:27 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Personally, i couldnt stand him. I thought he sent Australia back about 30 years.

Then you must want to kick Paul Hogan in the nuts
4th September 2006 05:38 PM
Bloozehound anyone remember this guy, Oi!

[Edited by Bloozehound]
4th September 2006 07:04 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
4th September 2006 08:08 PM
Brainbell Jangler A tragic loss for his family and animal lovers everywhere. Steve's death strikes a strong chord here, as his widow Terry is from my hometown, Eugene, Oregon.
4th September 2006 08:10 PM
snap13 CRIKEY!!!! I WILL MISS STEVE!! GOOD GUY! MADE ME LAUGH AND SMILE!
4th September 2006 09:34 PM
Soldatti Sad news, he was a funny guy. RIP Steve.
4th September 2006 09:39 PM
glencar
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
There were only two Aussies I could ever bare to watch on the TV.

1) Les Patterson

2) Steve Irwin

RIP Mate

What about Dame Edna? Isn't she a typical Aussie.
4th September 2006 09:40 PM
glencar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Then you must want to kick Paul Hogan in the nuts

Australia had NO mage before these guys. You'd think they'd be happy just that people (in America) realized that Australia existed.
4th September 2006 09:46 PM
Madafaka A weird way to die...
4th September 2006 09:46 PM
lotsajizz Australia's image was secured at Gallipoli, morons notwithstanding....

4th September 2006 09:48 PM
glencar
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Australia's image was secured at Gallipoli, morons notwithstanding....

Yes, the world over knows all about Gallipoli.
5th September 2006 12:36 AM
Sir Stonesalot >Yes, the world over knows all about Gallipoli<

The movie sucks.
5th September 2006 12:48 AM
sirmoonie This thread sucks - surely someone could have turned this political by now?
5th September 2006 12:58 AM
Poplar His movies, eh... but Paul Hogan's television show was hysterical. Seriously, anyone remember the Paul Hogan Show? It was on at like 12:30 Friday Night (Sat AM) after Benny Hill. Benny Hill followed the Yellow Rose of Texas. Boring show. The next night at that hour was the bomb SNL crew. Damn that was a long time ago.

[Edited by Poplar]
5th September 2006 05:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
Poplar wrote:
His movies, eh... but Paul Hogan's television show was hysterical. Seriously, anyone remember the Paul Hogan Show?

yes...LOL
5th September 2006 08:39 AM
StickyFishFingers Steve Irwin's antics at times were a bit over the top and annoying but you have to admit that he was passionate about the Australian wildlife and its preservation & he deserves full credit for that. It's a terrible tragedy for his family. What is so frustrating about it all is that he really was a decent bloke who was doing something worthwhile & has died in tragic circumstances - Meanwhile at the same time Ian Huntley the child murdering scumbag miserably fails to top himself in his prison cell & is resuscitated...

RIP Steve Irwin
[Edited by StickyFishFingers]
5th September 2006 09:10 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
This thread sucks - surely someone could have turned this political by now?

GREER: 'IRWIN'S DEATH WAS ANIMAL WORLD'S REVENGE'

Feminist icon GERMAINE GREER has sensationally blasted naturalist STEVE IRWIN's death an apt "revenge" by the animal world. Irwin died yesterday (04SEP06) after being stung in the chest by a stingray while diving on the Great Barrier Reef. However, the Australian author has little sympathy for his untimely demise, insisting the CROCODILE HUNTER star's cruelty to animals deserved a violent retribution. In a furious essay in British newspaper The Guardian, Greer also dismisses his impact as a conservationist, insisting his TV shows and zoo displays only taught children to "manhandle" animals. Greer fumes, "There was not an animal he was not prepared to manhandle. Every creature he brandished at the camera was in distress. "Every snake badgered by Irwin was at a huge disadvantage, with only a single possible reaction to its terrifying situation, which was to strike. "The animal world has finally taken its revenge on Irwin."

05/09/2006 12:52

5th September 2006 09:19 AM
corgi37 And, the whole death of Irwin was captured on film. Massive debate raging over whether it will be shown.

Paul Hogan is a dick! Though, his tv show was pretty good at the time. Best Aussie was Norman Gunston - hands down.

Glencar - The trouble is, apart from our Prime Minister, 99% of Australians dont give a rats ass what Yanks think of us. Same as you guys cant figure out why 99% of the world hates your guts.

Though i dont. I am a Yank-o-phile.
5th September 2006 09:21 AM
jb Very sad...a helluva nice bloke and conservationist...RIP.
5th September 2006 09:23 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
And, the whole death of Irwin was captured on film. Massive debate raging over whether it will be shown.

Why bother???? What would be the point?
5th September 2006 09:46 AM
SweetVirginia Here's a picture I took of him a couple of years ago in NYC:

5th September 2006 09:58 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

I really do feel sad. We dont like pushing our "heroes" up. They get too uppity, we fucking tear 'em down quick smart.

Yes, I'm still pissed about what you bastards did to Yahoo Serious!

The man was a world beater! Why, Aussies? Why?

5th September 2006 10:00 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

GREER: 'IRWIN'S DEATH WAS ANIMAL WORLD'S REVENGE'

Feminist icon GERMAINE GREER has sensationally blasted naturalist STEVE IRWIN's death an apt "revenge" by the animal world. Irwin died yesterday (04SEP06) after being stung in the chest by a stingray while diving on the Great Barrier Reef. However, the Australian author has little sympathy for his untimely demise, insisting the CROCODILE HUNTER star's cruelty to animals deserved a violent retribution. In a furious essay in British newspaper The Guardian, Greer also dismisses his impact as a conservationist, insisting his TV shows and zoo displays only taught children to "manhandle" animals. Greer fumes, "There was not an animal he was not prepared to manhandle. Every creature he brandished at the camera was in distress. "Every snake badgered by Irwin was at a huge disadvantage, with only a single possible reaction to its terrifying situation, which was to strike. "The animal world has finally taken its revenge on Irwin."

05/09/2006 12:52

That's nonsense. How are you supposed to handle crocs and alligators? He started out capturing crocidiles that were too close to populated areas and brought them to his parents zoo. He handled then that way because he believed it was less stress on the animal instead of shooting them up with a tranquilizer gun.

5th September 2006 11:25 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

That's nonsense. How are you supposed to handle crocs and alligators? He started out capturing crocidiles that were too close to populated areas and brought them to his parents zoo. He handled then that way because he believed it was less stress on the animal instead of shooting them up with a tranquilizer gun.

Sounds like a bit of a sour puss and nit picker, doesn't she? Bad hair day or something.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
5th September 2006 12:41 PM
Honky Tonk Man This was a terrible tragedy. He didn’t get on my nerves at all. His programs were excellent. His enthusiasm with animals was unmatched and millions around the world’ll miss him. It's ironic in a way that he wasn’t killed by alligators, but by a creature not known to kill humans. I read that here has been something like 4 reported deaths by stingray in Australia since the 1940's.

Rest in peace
5th September 2006 12:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The last TV program I watched of his was about a month ago of he and his family touring North America. I feel sorry for his kids more than anything.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
5th September 2006 01:01 PM
jb I think he got some negative attention from the child in hand Gator feed, but that one incident was surely outweighed by the joy he brought millions.....
5th September 2006 01:31 PM
mojoman
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
This was a terrible tragedy. He didn’t get on my nerves at all. His programs were excellent. His enthusiasm with animals was unmatched and millions around the world’ll miss him.

Rest in peace

ditto. the man certainly had a zest fer life. i feel for his kids.
5th September 2006 01:35 PM
mojoman
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Australia's image was secured at Gallipoli, morons notwithstanding....

the image of australia that i have had since i was a kid was from walkabout.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)