ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Lets drink to the salt of the stage!
© Special thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Steve Irwin "Crocodile Hunter" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
5th September 2006 01:35 PM
jb THE STINGRAY IS VERY COMMON DOWN HERE. I NEVER GO IN THE OCEAN....WAY TOO MANY BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN.
5th September 2006 01:38 PM
mojoman
quote:
jb wrote:
THE STINGRAY IS VERY COMMON DOWN HERE. I NEVER GO IN THE OCEAN....WAY TOO MANY BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN.

whenever i was in florida as a kid i always prefered the pool. the jellyfish scared the shit otta me.
5th September 2006 01:38 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
This was a terrible tragedy. He didn’t get on my nerves at all. His programs were excellent. His enthusiasm with animals was unmatched and millions around the world’ll miss him. It's ironic in a way that he wasn’t killed by alligators, but by a creature not known to kill humans. I read that here has been something like 4 reported deaths by stingray in Australia since the 1940's.

Rest in peace

From what I've read - the cameraman swam over it first. Probably freaked it out, then Steve went over....bad timing...

5th September 2006 01:41 PM
not bound to please
quote:
jb wrote:
THE STINGRAY IS VERY COMMON DOWN HERE. I NEVER GO IN THE OCEAN....WAY TOO MANY BAD THINGS CAN HAPPEN.

I got stung by some little fucker under the sand in Florida. Have no idea what it was. I think it hurt for a few days.

The problem with public pools is that kids pee in them.

5th September 2006 01:44 PM
jb
quote:
mojoman wrote:

whenever i was in florida as a kid i always prefered the pool. the jellyfish scared the shit otta me.

Indeed....they are very dangerous and the sting extremely painful. I sit at my pool(I have a very large house, and a super-sized pool)and avoid the perils of sealife.
5th September 2006 01:45 PM
mojoman
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

and seniors!!!
5th September 2006 01:53 PM
LadyJane Pug must be VERY upset about this news.

LJ.
5th September 2006 02:01 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Pug must be VERY upset about this news.

LJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlxJ-UBaTaU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Emaxlugar%2Ecom%2Fforum%2Fdetail%2Easp%3FId%3D62165
5th September 2006 02:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Pug must be VERY upset about this news.

LJ.

I have stated for years that the animals of the water pose a serious threat. Again, I was not taken seriously. How many lives must be lost before we take notice?

P.S. Was very sad to hear of Steve's death, best wishes to his family and may he RIP.
5th September 2006 03:13 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I have stated for years that the animals of the water pose a serious threat. Again, I was not taken seriously. How many lives must be lost before we take notice?

Pugs and water do not mix. Unless you're out of bait...

5th September 2006 03:17 PM
jb "Let Irv Serve"
5th September 2006 03:18 PM
Joey

" Pugs and water do not mix. Unless you're out of bait..."

5th September 2006 03:34 PM
monkey_man Moments before the stingray killed Steve, this photo was taken of the cameraman pushing up on the ray!

5th September 2006 03:38 PM
jb
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Moments before the stingray killed Steve, this photo was taken of the cameraman pushing up on the ray!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!
5th September 2006 03:40 PM
Joey
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Moments before the stingray killed Steve, this photo was taken of the cameraman pushing up on the ray!

The poor ray looks scared shitless
5th September 2006 03:42 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

He is frowning, much like the look Keith gave you on the "B"-stage?
5th September 2006 03:45 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Joey wrote:

The poor ray looks like she's telling him "Don't stop now you selfish bastard!!"
5th September 2006 03:47 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

He is frowning, much like the look Keith gave you on the "B"-stage?

THAT's IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNEW I had seen that ' look ' somewhere before .

That is the EXACT Same look Keith Richards gave me when we made eye contact at the B - Stage .

By the way , Mick has these striking blue eyes .

5th September 2006 09:12 PM
lonecrapshooter
quote:
Jakeb206 wrote:
Horrible! He was such a great enviromentalist! He will be missed

well we still got gore
6th September 2006 07:13 AM
corgi37 Germaine Greer was just interviewed on Aussie tv over the comments she made. She just says shit to keep a profile, as no one has taken her seriously for over 30 years.

I must state, that in no way, do ANY Australian women REALLY look like her.

6th September 2006 08:26 PM
glencar
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

I got stung by some little fucker under the sand in Florida. Have no idea what it was. I think it hurt for a few days.

I once was attacked by a Portuguese man-o-war near Jacksonville. Pretty effing painful. Lotta pain. Boy, it hurts just thinking about it! I hear the Portuguese (like the resyt of the world!) hate Americans!
7th September 2006 07:21 AM
corgi37 I can assure you, they do.
7th September 2006 08:32 AM
Bitch Really a shame about the Stingray gone mad, they are usually mild mannered. I took my kids to swim with the stingrays in the Cayman Islands, it's common and they assured us no danger to humans. Shit happens, you just never know when you are dealing with animals in the wild. I always worried about Steve, he was fearless and flirted eith danger. Somehow this tragic death does not surprise me, he took so many chances and risks, he was so daring. I loved his brazen attitude and his bravery.

RIP
7th September 2006 09:28 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
glencar wrote:
I hear the Portuguese (like the resyt of the world!) hate Americans!

They're not so bad. Not like the French anyway. I love little necks with marinated pork...

7th September 2006 10:22 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I lived in Portugal for five years. They loved me....still do.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)