ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Congratulations Cucho, a second edition! Now printed in Spain
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Richards fumes at poor reviews (AP) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
30th August 2007 03:22 PM
mojoman Bjorn Borg&Smorgasbord
30th August 2007 04:12 PM
Joey
quote:
mojoman wrote:
Bjorn Borg&Smorgasbord

My son .......................

... soon YOU Shall take over :

30th August 2007 04:53 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Even Woodie plays better now.

Ronnie plays better when not with the Stones. When Mick and Keith are absent from the same stage, so too, is the leash.
30th August 2007 04:59 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Some observations on this:

*They will tour in Spring 2008 and I will pay dearly for the priviledge to attend knowing I'm going to hear assorted fuck ups...lame setlist...with Shine A Light being turned into a warhorse to promote a film no one besides us will go to see.....

LMAO [nodding]...
30th August 2007 05:24 PM
robpop
quote:
chevysales wrote:

i would be more worried about grossman and his performance this pre season... picking up (or should i say dropping/fumbling where he left off?)
[Edited by chevysales]

Good luck with sloppy seconds on Joey Porter. Dude is done. This is a big blow to the phin's salry cap. Money that could have been spent better elsewhere.
31st August 2007 10:30 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
robpop wrote:

Good luck with sloppy seconds on Joey Porter. Dude is done. This is a big blow to the phin's salry cap. Money that could have been spent better elsewhere.

robpop....if Lamarr doesnt deliver or Timmons continues to struggle....our draft class sure looks bad..Imagine the star of a Steelers class being a freakin punter?...Never understood why they dont trade 5th and 6th picks for future #4's etc.When you have a vet roster only 3-4 guys are ever going to make it anyway....you can get UFA'S to fill out the camp.
31st August 2007 10:39 AM
Martha Do Keith's "fumes" have an odor?
31st August 2007 10:43 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Martha wrote:
Do Keith's "fumes" have an odor?

LOL.Martha by now you should know Keiths shit dont stink....
31st August 2007 10:53 AM
Saint Sway has anyone here noticed that Ronnie Wood carries a fowl smell with him all the time?
31st August 2007 11:31 AM
mojoman keiths running on fumes
31st August 2007 11:56 AM
CousinC Maybe as his playing declines he is becoming more thin-skinned!

Although I remember at least 2 times when He wrote open-letters before!
I think they need to be critiziced (musically!)now and than to give them an extra-kick.
It's not enough to stand on that stage and make some nice professional moves.We still want them to play some great music!
Seems sometimes they have to be reminded of that!

btw. The Stones always needed a kick in the ass to get the best out of them!
31st August 2007 12:08 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
CousinC wrote:
Maybe as his playing declines he is becoming more thin-skinned!

actually is thin has become quite thin and saggy

31st August 2007 01:10 PM
mrhipfl That was NOT necessary, Sway!!

Geez.....
31st August 2007 03:12 PM
Joey " Although I remember at least 2 times when He wrote open-letters before! "

< ---- Keith Richards once wrote a letter to Pete Townshend .

That is right .. the letter was very brief :

Dear Pete ....

" Shut Up !!! "

JJJJJJJJAZZY !
31st August 2007 08:00 PM
CousinC Some years ago he had also complained to the British press for not being respectful enough to him !

To Saint: God. That photo is horrible! Was it a private shot?
1st September 2007 10:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
has anyone here noticed that Ronnie Wood carries a fowl smell with him all the time?

That's because he ran over the chicken who was crossing the street?????
1st September 2007 10:47 AM
Kilroy I Love Rock N Roll.
I Love The Stones.
I Love The Stones because of their love Of Rock N Roll.
Rock N Roll Is Perfect Cause It Can't Be .....Perfect.
1st September 2007 11:38 PM
JackFlash91
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Some observations on this:

*Who will care outside of the diehard fans?
*Keith isnt about to change his habits after 45 years
*An article written about this in Rolling Stone or Mojo or any other music rag would have more impact
*The only folks who I will listen to about Keiths crap playing are the ones who actually attended the shows...
*The whole band has been in decline since 72 in different forms
*They will tour in Spring 2008 and I will pay dearly for the priviledge to attend knowing I'm going to hear assorted fuck ups...lame setlist...with Shine A Light being turned into a warhorse to promote a film no one besides us will go to see.....

I agree
The thrill is in the spirit of rock and roll which keith fully embodies no matter what form he is in.
2nd September 2007 11:54 AM
MrPleasant
"ate a cigarette"??

You can't always get what you want
By Mark Caro
Tribune entertainment reporter E-mail story
Printer Friendly
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards ate a cigarette onstage in what was rumored to be the band's last-ever show Sunday in London. Seems he'd previously been criticized for smoking onstage in violation of a ban, so he found a way to have a laugh.

Later in the week, he demanded an apology for two Swedish newspapers' pans of the band's recent show in Goteberg, with one review saying he was "superdrunk." "This is a first!" he wrote in a letter to a third Swedish daily. "Never before have I risen to the bait of a bad review."

Let's put this in perspective:

1. At least he didn't eat the reviews.

2. At least he didn't snort them.

3. Maybe the 63-year-old musician, who also has an autobiography in the works, is trying out new ways to spend his sudden embarrassment of free time.

Next on his plate: Responding to the reviews of "Undercover of the Night," "Bridges to Babylon" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End."

----------

Read Pop Machine, Mark Caro's blog about popular culture, at www.chicagotribune.com/popmachine
2nd September 2007 01:28 PM
robpop
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

robpop....if Lamarr doesnt deliver or Timmons continues to struggle....our draft class sure looks bad..Imagine the star of a Steelers class being a freakin punter?...Never understood why they dont trade 5th and 6th picks for future #4's etc.When you have a vet roster only 3-4 guys are ever going to make it anyway....you can get UFA'S to fill out the camp.

Word is that the staff is counting of Lamarr to be a factor right away. The first few games will very interesting. Timmons was not expected to be an impact right away. He is more of a long term solution. Only time will tell Keef.....its going to be interesting. All least we will have a fixture at the pro-bowl for for the next decade (punter}.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)