ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Congratulations Cucho, a second edition! Now printed in Spain
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Richards fumes at poor reviews (AP) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
29th August 2007 08:38 AM
Zack Keith Richards fumes at poor reviews

By KARL RITTER, Associated Press Writer

STOCKHOLM, Sweden - Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has demanded an apology from Swedish newspapers for their scathing reviews of the group's performance in the country earlier this month.

Tabloids Expressen and Aftonbladet gave thumbs down to the Aug. 3 concert at Ullevi stadium in Goteborg, with Expressen suggesting Richards was "superdrunk" on stage.

"This is a first!" the 63-year-old rock star wrote in a letter published by Stockholm daily Dagens Nyheter. "Never before have I risen to the bait of a bad review.

"But this time ... I have to stand up ... for our fans all over Sweden ... to say that you owe them, and us, an apology."

Dagens Nyheter said it received the letter from concert organizer EMA Telstar. Company head Thomas Johansson told The Associated Press that Richards wrote the letter and gave it to him after reading translations of the Swedish reviews.

"There were 56,000 people in Ullevi stadium who bought a ticket to our concert — and experienced a completely different show than the one you 'reviewed,'" the letter said.

"How dare you cheapen the experience for them — and for the hundreds of thousands of other people across Sweden who weren't at Ullevi and have only your 'review' to go on.

"Write the truth. It was a good show."

In his review, Aftonbladet's music writer Markus Larsson gave the concert a score of two on a five-point scale, and said Richards appeared "a bit confused."

"I am not going to apologize for my subjective opinion," Larsson told the paper's Web edition on Wednesday. "It is Keith who should apologize. After all it costs around $145 to see a rock star who can hardly handle the (guitar) riff to 'Brown Sugar' any more."
29th August 2007 08:39 AM
Some Guy damn...
29th August 2007 08:42 AM
Jumacfly "I am not going to apologize for my subjective opinion," Larsson told the paper's Web edition on Wednesday. "It is Keith who should apologize. After all it costs around $145 to see a rock star who can hardly handle the (guitar) riff to 'Brown Sugar' any more."

let's face the truth...
29th August 2007 08:51 AM
Scottfree Bout time someone told them how it was....Keith whether you were drunk or not, you put on a very poor performance....
29th August 2007 08:59 AM
lotsajizz he was not very good at Slane either....Woodie's been carrying him for a while now.....
29th August 2007 09:02 AM
gimmekeef I think its good...perhaps why he seemed to raise his playing level after that show...Plus if he cares enough to respond it gives me even more confidence...They arent done!
29th August 2007 09:11 AM
The Wick This sounds like a cheap publicity ploy. Would he really be that bothered with some reviewer? It just doesn't sound very much like Keith and if he did do this, then he really is starting to lose it. Who gives a toss what some reviewer writes?
29th August 2007 09:25 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
"I am not going to apologize for my subjective opinion," Larsson told the paper's Web edition on Wednesday. "It is Keith who should apologize. After all it costs around $145 to see a rock star who can hardly handle the (guitar) riff to 'Brown Sugar' any more."

let's face the truth...

29th August 2007 09:33 AM
Joey

.... complete rubbish .

BEST KEITH YET !!!!

BEST STONES YET !!!

" This thing of ours is bigger than ALL of us Ronnie ! "

Sassy Cakes ! ™

29th August 2007 09:39 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

.... complete rubbish .

BEST KEITH YET !!!!

BEST STONES YET !!!

" This thing of ours is bigger than ALL of us Ronnie ! "

Sassy Cakes ! ™

I love it when Ronnie works the crowd!!!

29th August 2007 09:42 AM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I love it when Ronnie works the crowd!!!

You are muched loved by Joey .

Joeykins !
29th August 2007 09:57 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

You are muched loved by Joey .

Joeykins !

FOR MY BABY JOEY!!!!

29th August 2007 10:16 AM
Joey

Bless You Puggy !!!

Nice shot of THE QWEST CENTER ( Stones will be there AGAIN next summer -- BEST STONES YET !!! )

Is that the MaxLugar ( circa 1997 ) ?!
29th August 2007 10:25 AM
Saint Sway For my dearest friend Pugs sake... I am glad Keith did not read his Soldier Field review.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
29th August 2007 10:55 AM
mrhipfl No matter how Keith plays, in his mind he's playing awesome.
29th August 2007 11:20 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
For my dearest friend Pugs sake... I am glad Keith did not read his Soldier Field review.

[Edited by Saint Sway]

funny you mention that, as I was thinking the same thing.
29th August 2007 11:30 AM
Fuck!
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

let's face the truth...

I AGREE!
29th August 2007 11:32 AM
FotiniD
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
No matter how Keith plays, in his mind he's playing awesome.

Ha! I tend to agree Trouble is, most of the time he's playing awesome in my mind as well, lol...

Just read Keith's Mojo interview. Good stuff! He still delivers an incredible read and just seeing the questions made me ponder that a journalist can NEVER get bored while interviewing this man.
29th August 2007 11:51 AM
Steel Wheels I'm glad Keith blasted this asshole.
29th August 2007 11:54 AM
MikeyC613 who needs to play brown sugar right when you can coast on legend and personality?
29th August 2007 11:58 AM
Saint Sway the Swedish press has shown very little interest in wanting to trade Rolling Stones bootlegs
29th August 2007 12:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the Swedish press has shown very little interest in wanting to trade Rolling Stones bootlegs

Our good friend Swedish Erik has not addressed his side of this story. I will withhold further judgment until Erik speaks on this topic as his opinion is highly valued
29th August 2007 12:20 PM
pdog when did sirstonesalot get a job writing for a european newspaper?
29th August 2007 12:28 PM
Saint Sway much like with the Pug's "stroke" story, jb has chosen to distance himself from the Swedish press
29th August 2007 12:34 PM
pdog There is good news, at least someone seems to have finally inspired Keith!
29th August 2007 01:04 PM
mojoman what did the fumes smell like?
29th August 2007 02:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
much like with the Pug's "stroke" story, jb has chosen to distance himself from the Swedish press

He is shitting liquid these days and does not have the stomach to tackle the "sensitive issues" these days. We wish him well in his recovery!
29th August 2007 02:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

He is shitting liquid these days and does not have the stomach to tackle the "sensitive issues" these days. We wish him well in his recovery!

a sure sign that Dolphins training camp has officially begun
29th August 2007 03:47 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

a sure sign that Dolphins training camp has officially begun

Trent Green may be the only guy in Miami with more medical ailments than our beloved jb.
29th August 2007 04:34 PM
fireontheplatter finally...after 63 years someone has the balls to tell keith he sucked onstage.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)