ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Led Zeppelin Reuniting Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
08-29-02 08:05 PM
Shattered Led zep sucks. Sorry about that but that's the truth.
08-29-02 09:08 PM
gypsy Shattered said: "Led zep sucks. Sorry about that but that's the truth."

Actually, that's just your opinion, which you are entitled to.

Martha, glad to see you on the board tonight! I love your posts. I'd like to see the boys reunite too! I do have a bit of a crush on Plant. We are both Leos, ya know! I know a lot of people criticize his voice, but I love it! I love the way he sings "Sea of Love."
08-29-02 09:23 PM
Maxlugar I happen to have enormous respect for John Paul Jones too.

M!
08-29-02 09:46 PM
gypsy I respect JPJ too. He seems to have kept a cool head during those wild years. It's wonderful when an artist can walk away with all of his money, no drug habit, and his marriage still intact.
08-29-02 10:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot Gypsy...you're a leo? What a coinkydink..I am a leo too!

I think I'll right a songa bout that....
08-29-02 10:51 PM
gypsy Yes--August 18th!
08-29-02 11:30 PM
Martha Hi Gypsy...it's always a pleasure to read your posts as well...thanks!

(IMO) Robert is INCREDIBLY sexy on stage at age 54...there's hope for aging gracefully if he and Mick and Roger (just to name a few) are any example.

Robert's birthday was on the 20th of August...very close to yours.

I hope I'm compatible..sign-wise. I'm a Libra.

I LOVE his singing and his intonation..it actually sends me into a sexual frenzy when I hear all the great Zep songs being performed live...(without any added help substance-wise mind you)...it just sends me out there gives me a big giant euphoric hit... sans hang-over!!

I told my husband NOT to let me go alone...or I might not make it back home! ....and to see Robert AND Roger in one show almost sent me straight into menopause.... without the pause! LOL!

Can't wait to see him on Monday..hell I gotta do something to distract from the fact that I won't see the Stones until October! LOL!

kisses,
martha
08-30-02 12:20 AM
gypsy Hi, Martha! Yes, Robert does have that effect, doesn't he?! God, wasn't he just gorgeous as a young man? And a great bod to boot!
I love Libras...my mom is one! She's a very cool chiba-smoking mom.

08-30-02 12:35 AM
Martha
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Hi, Martha! Yes, Robert does have that effect, doesn't he?! God, wasn't he just gorgeous as a young man? And a great bod to boot!
I love Libras...my mom is one! She's a very cool chiba-smoking mom.

Does he ever...take me home Planty. He's still got it in the bag..as his tight jeans certainly leave nothing to the imagination..but it's his presence that floors me..he's got charisma in spades.

My very favorite female person in the world was a Leo..my Grandmother Esther Melody was born on August 1. I lost her in 1990 to cancer...and still miss her terribly.

It's always nice to connect with other Leos...and I seem to always instantly take a shine to most of the ones I meet. I certainly have with you and, of course, the beloved (by all) Sir Stonesalot.

When is your Mother's b-day?

Chiba smoking Momma...my you were raised in a VERY different environment than I was..my Mother's never been drunk even once, let alone smoked the wacky baccy...but I like it. My Dad recently said he wanted to smoke some (he never has at age 73)..I think it's because he's more like me (actually reverse that)...AND ( more probably) because he loves Louis Armstrong who smoked the chiba bud daily for most of his life. He saw Louis in 1949 and has the concert program still, with hand typed letters from Louis inside, a real gem...it's mine.........someday! Ha!

hugs and kisses,
martha
08-30-02 01:10 AM
gypsy I like that name-Esther Melody. Many of my friends are Libras. I don't get along with Capricorns.
My mom never smoked it around me. I never really saw her do it. I only knew about it after high school. Now I know why we always had tons of Gatorade in the fridge (cotton mouth), and bags of potato chips (munchies.) hee hee!
Actually, I don't smoke at all. Not even cigarettes. I don't drink either. But, it doesn't bother me if people smoke. And, I totally think marijuana should be legalized.
08-30-02 01:17 AM
Martha
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I like that name-Esther Melody. Many of my friends are Libras. I don't get along with Capricorns.

Thanks..you are too cool.

My mom never smoked it around me. I never really saw her do it. I only knew about it after high school. Now I know why we always had tons of Gatorade in the fridge (cotton mouth), and bags of potato chips (munchies.) hee hee!

I can relate to that scenario..lol!

Actually, I don't smoke at all. Not even cigarettes. I don't drink either.

That is fantastic...I admire that you live a clean lifestyle. I know it's better to do that. I've gone long periods without chiba..years, in fact, and never drink alcohol, and no cigarettes.

But, it doesn't bother me if people smoke. And, I totally think marijuana should be legalized.

Me too.

You are very open-minded and cool. I'm really glad we've met.

peace,
Martha
08-30-02 01:52 AM
Dear Doctor I saw the led boring reunion show at the atlantic records show in @87 at msg(2nd row), led crooning closed the show and the whole arena was excited,on boy

but led bloated on amphetamines were pathetic as young bloke jason bonham made a masterful impression of a horrible sessions drummer

jimmy page looked like a b-movie horror outtake, when they played kashmir complimentary coffee was served to the masses

tuesday september 3,2002
Dear Doctor will greet the greatest ACT in the world from 6th row bitch

now tell me baby

now whats my name
08-30-02 02:57 AM
justinkurian Martha,
You wrote about a few things I've been wanting to address. I thank you. But, here are some things I have to speak about. First off, I'm a big Stones and Zep fan, and frankly people bringing up Zeppelin on a Stones site is pretty f'n stupid 'cause you know who the majority is going to side with. When it comes to who's the better live band, it all comes down to eras, tastes, etc and also websites. Both are extremely powerful bands live, depending on when, though. Listening to certain Stones bootlegs proves the case for them. Listening to Zeppelin bootlegs and also their official BBC Sessions also makes a case for them. They are different bands, and thus perform differently live. Certain people may not like Robert Plant's voice. On the other hand, some might not like the way the Stones sound now. It's a matter of choice. I love both bands and the experimentalism they both provided early to the mid '70s. It upsetting that people say that Led Zeppelin is a mediocre live band. I'm curious about the basis for the reasoning. Perhaps, one doesn't appreciate their style, but it is no reason to say they are a "crappy" live band. There is no denying that the Stones have had there different eras...good or bad. The same thing can be said of Led Zeppelin. Their hey-day consisted of '68 or so to about '75. I've read people that are ripping them based on the years they've been off...for example, their last tour in 1980. It's sad that many people here think that the Stones are untouchable. I at least know this to not to be true...And if you do, I have many concerts to refresh your memory and past responses on this website to remind you. Here's my point: The Rolling Stones are awesome in their way and Led Zeppelin are awesome in their own way, but, for different reasons. There is a reason why Led Zeppelin have outsold the Stones record-wise and concert-wise. People here have mentioned that this is due to teenagers buying Zeppelin records and that the Stones are more than a passing fad. I believe people are trying to rationalize. But, I think it's BS when people fail to research what the hell they are criticizing. I know I'm going to get many responses to this. Ha...I say bring it...and I encourage every one of your responses. You can respond directly here or email me at [email protected]. Either way I'd like to hear your responses, good or bad.
08-30-02 05:04 AM
Moonisup Brain was a leo too, that is why he couldn't get along with keith.
Where are you from Gypsy?????????

From Rik with love to all the stonesfans
[Edited by Moonisup]
08-30-02 09:32 AM
Joey " ....and to see Robert AND Roger in one show almost sent me straight into menopause.... without the pause! LOL! "

Pete Townshend has the same effect on me !

Clubby Bear

08-30-02 10:40 AM
Soul Survivor Is it just me, or did Pete put on some pounds?
08-30-02 11:16 AM
Joey " Is it just me, or did Pete put on some pounds? "

Pete is now 195lbs of raw dynamic guitar god power .

Don't Fu## with him .......he is on a mission !

Can't wait for Keith to play the same way !!! YES !!!!

Snaggle

08-30-02 01:28 PM
gypsy Moonisup, Brian was a Pisces, Mick is a Leo.
08-30-02 02:36 PM
Soul Survivor
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Moonisup, Brian was a Pisces, Mick is a Leo........

Don't need a weather man to tell witch way the wind blows
Page: 1 2 3

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road