ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: did you hear about the *surprise* during HTW!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 26th, 2005 08:04 PM
Riffhard Saint Sway's problem is one of rock and roll penis envy. He knows goddamned good and well that the Stones play before millions on every tour. This is the very reason that stadium shows stay fairly close to the same setlist. It's called lighting cues,pyro cues,and yes,even inflatable cues. He knows the Crowes couldn't fill even the Garden in their prime. They are,afterall,nothing more than warmed over Stones' cover band to all,but the diehard Crowes fan like Sway boy.

Saint Sway if you had the brains that God gave a sand flea you'd know that these inflatables and all of the props are for the benefit of the fans who want to be wowed visualy from a quarter mile away from the stage. That's one thing that the luke warm Crowes will ever be accused of doing to a crowd of 50,000+.

As for the music. On any given day the Stones can,and often do,blow any band alive off the stage. The Crowes are a good band,but they are not even near the level that the Stones have maintained now for 43 years. In the baseball vernacular,if the Stones are in the Majors then the Crowes would be considered Tee Ballers at best.

I know the Crowes personally. Johnny Colt was my next door neighbor for ten years in Marietta,Ga. back in the late 70's-mid/late 80's. His real name is Chuck,by the way. I know that he's not in the band anymore,so let's get that straight. I know Chris and Rich very well also. Gorman as well. I like them as a band,but they are light years away from ever being any where near the level as the Stones.

If in another 30 years the Crowes have a rock and roll library as well rounded with instantly recognizable classic tunes and riffs as the Stones then you can talk all the smack you want. Oh yeah,I should also stipulate that the Crowes also need to be selling out stadium after stadium 30 years from now as well. Think there is any chance of either of those two things happening? Me neither. So why don't you just shut the fuck up,or take your shit to Crowes message board.

"Dude,Riffy,you don't get it man! The Crowes are really just about the music man! They don't need all the party favors like inflatables and shit dude! It's about the music bro!" Yeah,ya think so? Bullshit! The Crowes would each give up a left nut to be in the Stones! Hell,they've been tryin' now for years! I mean just look at this.....

You don't think that this looks alot like an early 70's image of the Glimmer Twins?! C'mon now!

Riffhard

[Edited by Riffhard]
August 27th, 2005 07:08 PM
HellsRollingThunder Right on to Sir Moonie!

Why can't they put the inflatable tongue up next to the inflatable
d**k whilst they are rockin'?
August 27th, 2005 09:08 PM
T&A just saw the Crowes again last nite, opening for TP. gotta - say, both bands are kicking ass right now. there's something to be said for just playing without the frills. Not saying either is playing better than our boys...but....
August 28th, 2005 12:10 AM
texile the scooby doo tongue....
the inflatable dick would be cooler in the context of keith's recent comments.....
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)