ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: did you hear about the *surprise* during HTW!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 25th, 2005 04:23 PM
Saint Sway they blow up an INFLATABLE tongue!!

no way!!!

thats crazy!! Inflatables during Honkeytonk Woman!!

I never thought I'd see that!!!

they continue to dig into the bag of tricks and pull out new surprises!!

thats so cool!!

August 25th, 2005 04:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
they blow up an INFLATABLE tongue!!

no way!!!

thats so cool!!

the surprise was scheduled to be a group of costumed female dancers on the stage, but Keith nixed the idea after dressed rehearsal (i believe there is a thread abou this somewhere)
August 25th, 2005 04:37 PM
Saint Sway dancers on stage during HTW???

they would NEVER do that!!

NEVER!!!

good thing Keith put his foot down and stopped it!!!!

(but too bad he was so wasted during the 81/82 tour that he didnt notice the hundreds of dressed up strippers onstage during HTW though)
August 25th, 2005 04:38 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
they blow up an INFLATABLE tongue!!

no way!!!

thats so cool!!

Oh yeah? Well maybe if your feet didn't stink like someone wiping up cat piss with periodontal socks, your credibility wouldn't be flayed like a gutter sausage. As it is now, no one but the "lower end" posters pay you any homage at all.
August 25th, 2005 04:39 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
thats so cool!!

Just like your predictable bitching posts. Please feel free to unload any tix, Cd's, collectibles or HOT Sluts to me!

August 25th, 2005 04:44 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

Just like your predictable bitching posts. Please feel free to unload any tix, Cd's, collectibles or HOT Sluts to me!

.............or Omaha Passcodes like " Ameriquest " that allow young your Joeykins the ability to procure only the " BEST " for a ' tiered ' pricing range .
August 25th, 2005 04:51 PM
Saint Sway wait a second....

I'm getting the feeling that I may be the only one surprised that they would pull out inflatables during HTW...

or am I reading the vibe here wrong??

seriously I think its SO COOL!!!

almost as brilliant and original as opening with Start Me Up!

(I'm still pinching myself over that shocker!)

quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

As it is now, no one but the "lower end" posters pay you any homage at all.

thanks for the homage Sir Moon!

August 25th, 2005 04:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

.............or Omaha Passcodes like " Ameriquest " that allow young your Joeykins the ability to procure only the " BEST " for a ' tiered ' pricing range .

you are much loved by the pug
August 25th, 2005 05:03 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you are much loved by the pug

He ain't so young...
August 25th, 2005 05:08 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
wait a second....

I'm getting the feeling that I may be the only one surprised that they would pull out inflatables during HTW...

or am I reading the vibe here wrong??

seriously I think its SO COOL!!!

almost as brilliant and original as opening with Start Me Up!

(I'm still pinching myself over that shocker!)

thanks for the homage Sir Moon!

Oh, talking big now? The man who rubs peanut butter pastels all over his knees and drinks clam chowder with a straw? Talking smack? I'll 16 font print your neck up to the back of your ass, ya half baked gibbon! I'm in no mood to be fucked with. No mood at all. Mood not to be fucked with in.
August 25th, 2005 05:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

He ain't so young...

I must not make joey feel old, I shall support him by trying to make him feel young.....one never knows when bowel control shall leave us and he must be supported!
August 25th, 2005 05:12 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
As it is now, no one but the "lower end" posters pay you any homage at all.

What are 'lower end' posters??

You know, before I pay homage to anyone.
August 25th, 2005 05:19 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Come to Joey ..............................

August 25th, 2005 05:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I'll 16 font print your neck up to the back of your ass, ya half baked gibbon!

come again?

this time in English, please.
August 25th, 2005 05:22 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
come again?
this time in English, please.

He said, FUCK You!
August 25th, 2005 05:26 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

He said, FUCK You!

see it works better in English.

so I take it he's a big fan of the inflatables.

cool. I also find them quite riveting.

and there is no better song to blow up a giant inflatable object during than HTW. Whenever I hear that open g riffing I immediately think "hey, this song needs props! Inflatable props!"

I am gonna cheer wildly when I see it!

(in Sir Moonpie's honor, of course.)

"WOOOOO HOOOOOO ROCK AND ROLLLLLLL!!!!"
[Edited by Saint Sway]
August 25th, 2005 05:38 PM
Bloozehound saint you sure you're not going to yell, "WHOOOOO HOOO Black Crows!!!!"
August 25th, 2005 05:42 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

see it works better in English.

so I take it he's a big fan of the inflatables.

cool. I also find them quite riveting.

and there is no better song to blow up a giant inflatable object during than HTW. Whenever I hear that open g riffing I immediately think "hey, this song needs props! Inflatable props!"

I am gonna cheer wildly when I see it!

(in Sir Moonpie's honor, of course.)

"WOOOOO HOOOOOO ROCK AND ROLLLLLLL!!!!"
[Edited by Saint Sway]

So you're putting down blow up dolls at a concert you didn't attend?

I'm amazed you can be so fixated on something you didn't see, and yet have the forsight to plan on seeing it when the time comes.
In my internet psycho-analysis of you, I'd have to say you're very lonely, looking for love in blow up dolls and forgot that when your long lost love, blow up dolls, is on the stage, you should be listening to the band, b/c what your eyes are doing is secondary.
But then again, you're an idiot!
August 25th, 2005 05:48 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

So you're putting down blow up dolls at a concert you didn't attend?

I'm amazed you can be so fixated on something you didn't see

actually, seen it before. Been there, done that. The Stones are repeating themselves. The well is dry.

quote:
pdog wrote:

and yet have the forsight to plan on seeing it when the time comes.

actually, I wont be seeing it. Thanks to a well timed beer/piss break.
thats the lone advantage of bands playing identical set lists.

quote:
pdog wrote:

In my internet psycho-analysis of you, I'd have to say you're very lonely, looking for love in blow up dolls and forgot that when your long lost love, blow up dolls, is on the stage, you should be listening to the band, b/c what your eyes are doing is secondary.
But then again, you're an idiot!

careful who you call an idiot.
I'll cop to acting like an ass here, but you should read what you just wrote.

we all live in the same glass house
August 25th, 2005 06:10 PM
exile whats that I hear Saint Sway?...is that your Black Crowes board calling?

The black crowes have to cover stones songs at the end of their concerts because they dont have any good songs of their own.
August 25th, 2005 06:27 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
exile wrote:
The black crowes have to cover stones songs at the end of their concerts because they dont have any good songs of their own.

whats your logic exactly? That bands only cover other peoples songs bc their own songs arent any good? Really???

hmm..... last Stones show I went to they played covers of Temptations, Bob Marley and Otis Redding. The originals they played seemed pretty darn good too. But I guess you dont think so.

hey maybe you should go post on another board since you obviously dont like the Stones.

[quote]exile wrote:
whats that I hear Saint Sway?...is that your Black Crowes board calling?

right on.
August 25th, 2005 06:31 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

What are 'lower end' posters??

I wonder if I'm considered "lower end" or could it be that I'm just stuck somewhere in the middle???? Who are the high end posters???? How are they classified and who is the final judge????

Interesting- the possibilities seem to be endless.

Since I haven't paid homage to anyone yet, how can I avoid the "lower end types" or know who they are since I could very well be one myself??? Should they or the high end ones be avoided??? Also, is it "cool" to pay homage. Personally, I never try to do that sort of thing.

CHEERS- I've been drinking a little and thought I would have fun with the term "lower end posters"
August 25th, 2005 06:36 PM
the good Saint sway,
The well has run dry for the Stones? The only well that has run dry is that comprised of the cheesy, loser bands who have made a living out of trying to sound like the Stones. Like maybe the Black Crowes???? And a bigger bang sounds more vibrant than anything the purely reductionistic black crowes have ever released.
August 25th, 2005 07:07 PM
Saint Sway maybe you misunderstood?

when I said that the well ran dry for the stones - I'm referring to their ideas for the show. Musically I think they are doing great. I love what I've heard from Bang.

I just think they're repeating themselves. They've always had a reputation as innovators but now its ok... lets open with Start Me Up AGAIN. We'll put YGMR in the 2 slot AGAIN and Tumbling Dice in the 4th slot AGAIN. And lets add some inflatables during HTW AGAIN. And we'll make sure we have the fire bursts during Sympathy AGAIN.

all I'm saying is - hey for $500 how about you come up with some fresh ideas.

hell I've posted plenty of decent ideas here. And they got a team of people trying to come up with stuff and its all the same old tricks. Man, thats just being lazy.

-----

and regarding the Crowes....

never once in this thread did I mention them. I'm not discussing the Crowes vs Stones here. I just called out the Stones for being lame for using inflatables. If you disagree cool. But the best argument that you come up with is "yeah well they're still better than the Crowes"

ughh... thats such a grade school comeback.

if you dont like the crowes - fine. But dont try and defend the lame shit the Stones do by knockin on them. Come up with a decent argument if you feel so strongly about how great it is to see giant inflatable balloons at rock concerts.

Just go ahead and say "hey I'm the type of moron that will stand in Times Square freezing for an entire day just waiting to see a ball drop on NYE. So when I'm at a rock concert and a band blows up some giant inflatable tongue I absolutely freak out and loose my shit because its so f'in cool to see!!!"

just go ahead and admit that. But dont try to argue that its cool by saying "my band is better than your band". Cuz my dad can still beat up your dad.
August 25th, 2005 07:41 PM
exile
quote:
the good wrote:
Saint sway,
The only well that has run dry is that comprised of the cheesy, loser bands who have made a living out of trying to sound like the Stones. Like maybe the Black Crowes

Right on brother!!
A bigger bang sounds better than anything the crowes have released in their entire career.
August 25th, 2005 08:06 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Oh yeah? Well maybe if your feet didn't stink like someone wiping up cat piss with periodontal socks, your credibility wouldn't be flayed like a gutter sausage.

man, that's some heavy duty posting right there...i dips me lid sirmoonie

"flayed like a gutter sausage" - they don't write them like that anymore - well done!!
August 25th, 2005 10:25 PM
Lethargy Come on guys, cut Saint Sway some slack. You gotta admit that he has a point here. Someone like him, who's been a hard code stones fan for decades (and still is!) is entitled to point out the rather obvious fact that having inflatables during HTW is a seriously lame repetition of the past. If we can't gather here to bitch and moan a little bit, what's the point? How boring it would be to have a board where every post was "the stones rule and everything they do is absolutely perfect!"
August 25th, 2005 10:29 PM
Lethargy ...and it's not like they haven't been able to come up with some new ideas in recent tours. For example, on their last tour:

- 3 venue sizes (stadium, arena, club) - very cool and never done before until last tour
- showcasing individual albums in a show (about 3 songs in a row from that album) - very cool
- No Security - stripped down, minimal special effects, raw stones - very cool
- Setlists - recent tours showed more originality, where in the last few tours they pulled out Loving Cup, Some Girls, Moonlight Mile, Worried About You (club only), etc. - very cool

So far (and admittedly it's early), this time around they seem to be really short of new ideas, except for the ON STAGE tickets. Nice little gimmick, but let's face it that only matters for the folks sitting up there.
August 25th, 2005 10:43 PM
LadyJane Cut ME some slack!!

This is likely the last tour of the Band that has sustained me for the majority of my adult life.

I went to Fenway and was blown away by a performance.

I come "home" to find all of this criticism by people who haven't attended a show of what is, a BRAND NEW TOUR.

Let's gain some perspective, shall we??

LJ.

August 25th, 2005 10:53 PM
exile
The stones have always done something fun on Honky Tonk Women, as far back as 1981 they brought all the girls on stage,

I dont see any problems with an in inflatable, Ive seen inflatables at an ACDC concert.

sure they have done it before but so what? its a large venue and the people at the back have to be entertained as well.

maybe instead of an inflatable they should have a live execution of the members of the black crowes for crimes against originality in music.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)