ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Shepherds Bush Empire, London - December 11, 2001
By Richard Young

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Most under-rated Stones tune/album Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
08-23-02 07:39 AM
gypsymofo60 Jig-saw Puzzle, that would be a blast live-suppose they could've done it, but I've never heard it. More from Goat's Head, love them to do 'Winter', or 100 Years Ago......"Went out walkin'through the woods the the other day"....But saw Sweet Fanny Adams, hurry on 2003, OZ is a waiting.
08-23-02 07:52 AM
Moonisup Sway, and indeed Jigsaw puzzle (And the guitarplayers look damaged, they have been outcasts al their lives)
08-23-02 08:02 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Sway, and indeed Jigsaw puzzle (And the guitarplayers look damaged, they have been outcasts al their lives)

....This is really self indulgent, but; a family member of mine , whom I hadn't seen for a very long time told me, one of the first things She said, was that 'SWAY' was her wake up song from 11 to 15???????????????? The power of the tune!
08-23-02 08:09 AM
Moonisup Sway I love it. But most people never heard of it!!! Keith doesn't play on it and said is was a bad song!
08-23-02 08:19 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Sway I love it. But most people never heard of it!!! Keith doesn't play on it and said is was a bad song!

.....You're absolutely shitting me....RIGHT! Keith didn't play on 'Sway'.....I feel as though I'm Losing My Religion.
08-23-02 08:23 AM
Moonisup No it's true!!!! Mick T lead. Mick J the rest!!
It's true!! Look at your cd, it says it. Just like Keith doesn't play on moonlight mile!

Sorry to awake you from your Sway dream
[Edited by Moonisup]
08-23-02 08:45 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
No it's true!!!! Mick T lead. Mick J the rest!!
It's true!! Look at your cd, it says it. Just like Keith doesn't play on moonlight mile!

Sorry to awake you from your Sway dream
[Edited by Moonisup]

......(In my best JOHN CLEESE......YOOOOOOOOUUUUUU Bastard!....You mean to tell me ----after all these years....I've been deluding myself?.........Bye the bye..Best signiture pic. on the forum....Mick & Keeffffffff'72 Can't be beat..."when she pirouettes over me"....I play 'ROCKS OFF!'.
08-23-02 08:49 AM
moonlight male Yes sway and jigsaw are wonderful.
I wish salt of the earth got trotted out a bit more
ditto for crazy mama and down in the hole.
the list could grow and grow.
08-23-02 08:55 AM
full moon Wanna Hold You and Heaven.....
08-23-02 08:56 AM
Moonisup Thank you for the pic comment.

Yes sadly but true!!! Mick J lead is great, moreover the solo's of mick T are even better. Yes I know it only for a few months, I read the inlay of the cd, and I almost fell of my chair!!! I read it, again and again. No Keith mentioned!!

moon is up
08-23-02 09:08 AM
gypsymofo60 To the two moons over Babylon; One you're welcome, but it is the best pic. on the forum by far, to Two when you realise 'Heaven IS A FUCKING GREAT SONG.....you are elevated beyond the trash.......My senses, my senses be praised.
08-23-02 10:03 AM
Ephrata Stone I LOVE SWAY!!! But in my mind that was always a highly regarded song by Stones fans, so I won't vote for that.

My vote goes to two relatively new songs: Baby Break It Down (Voodoo) and Always Suffering (Bridges).
08-23-02 10:14 AM
Jumacfly Imo:

Mean disposition
Break the spell
Gunface
Dance little sister dance
Slave
What a Shame
Sad Day
Surprise Surprise
Jivin sister Fanny....

and many others!!

Cheers everybody, and have a nice week end!!
08-23-02 10:15 AM
glencar Dat's a good list, Jumacly! I heratily endorse every single one of your choices!
08-23-02 10:23 AM
Joey "......(In my best JOHN CLEESE......YOOOOOOOOUUUUUU Bastard!....You mean to tell me ----after all these years....I've been deluding myself "

Yes ........Please check out www.MickTaylor.com and click on the " Sticky Fingers " icon :

Here is what that fabulous site has to say about SWAY :

"Since Keith plays no guitar on the song, it is a showcase for Taylor's playing. In retrospect, this was a Jagger/Taylor composition, something not apparent from the record label. Jagger handles the main rhythm guitar, and Taylor plays a swirling psychedelic blues lead with middle-eastern overtones. A true blues -- that demon life has got me in its sway. Listen to Taylor's famous vibrato and attack as the song fades ...."

AND MOONLIGHT MILE :

"Moonlight Mile:

Another Jagger/Taylor creation. The lead guitar noodlings and the rounded chording are emblematic of Taylor's sound. No Keith to be found. "

OR HOW ABOUT CYHMK :

"Can't You Hear Me Knocking:

Taylor plays the back-up rhythm for the first half of the song; then takes over with the Santana-eque jam-session lead that has become his most famous contribution to the Stones, and his signature tune since leaving. "

Gorgeous ....that vibrato still cries for me ...and it cries for you .

J . Diddy

08-23-02 10:40 AM
gypsymofo60 I guess being a vocalist,(well! at least I think I am), I should pay more attention to the instrumental dynamics, but that ; I must say , through me for a loop. What about those Taylor detractors now eh?....Don't get me wrong; I love Ronnie, although not in the biblical sense; but no wonder Jagger shit bricks when Taylor quit, totaly under-rated. To think that 11 years ago he was playing at some back-water pub here in OZ for like 20 OZ dollars(regular door fee), what a crime......."And it shoh...Bina-cold, cold winna"
08-23-02 10:52 AM
Joey Wait .....these is more !

This from Goats Head Soup :

"Angie: Rumors abound about MT's uncredited contribution to this cross-over, world-wide hit. More great Nicky Hopkins playing. "

"Winter: The single most underrated Stones ballad from the Taylor era, musically beautiful, with Taylor playing the most compelling, concise solo of his Stones career -- listen after the solo, to his noodlings -- then the classic chordal thing. This playing tells you why Mick Taylor is an important guitarist beyond his playing with the Stones. "

Star Star:

"Keith doing Chuck Berry his way in one side, MT doing that Johnnie Johnson boogie woogie thing in the other. Taylor plays the Berry-esque lead."

Breathtaking .....makes young Joey cry !

J . Diddy Fly

08-23-02 10:53 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Joey wrote:

that vibrato still cries for me ...and it cries for you .

that was a nice line

is it one of maxlugar's?

08-23-02 11:10 AM
jb Dirty work is very underated.....Joey is very underrated too!
08-23-02 11:18 AM
Moonisup hahahaa, Hi jb, you're still around??
08-23-02 11:19 AM
Jumacfly Hey, it s our daily rendez vous on rocks off!!
08-23-02 11:23 AM
stonedinaustralia hey ju

i take it you're at work now - do they pay you to post this stuff?

cheers

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
08-23-02 11:24 AM
Moonisup Well indeed Jumac!
jb Yes, Friday thank fucking god!!! I have to replace my avatar, however, as a few people on another board I post on are intolerant, hateful, mean-spirited, and evil.
torn&frayed Most Underrated Songs:
Jivin' Sister Fanny
Through The Lonely Nights
Everything's Turning To Gold
Melody
Miss Amanda Jones
Ventilator Blues

Most Underrated Albums:
60s - Between The Buttons
70s - Black & Blue or GHS
80s - Steel Wheels
90s - B2B (Excellent record that didn't do nearly as well commercially as it should have)
08-23-02 11:28 AM
Moonisup What is an avatar jb???? I don't know that word. Could you explain it? How are you doing by the way? I'm fucking fine, it's weeeeekend!
08-23-02 11:30 AM
jb The little picture that appears when you post like yours and mine(Clinton/Gore).
08-23-02 11:33 AM
Jumacfly yes guys, my boss pays me for that.."well, you re still working on this Mick Jagger file??"
"yes , and then i ll send the same to my second one, Mr Keith Richards"....lol!!

but, and it s true, one of my customer is called Mr Charles Watts...but i can t tell you more, professional secret!!!

Cheers from my boss too...

08-23-02 11:33 AM
Moonisup Ah thank, I made also a new one today!
08-23-02 12:34 PM
Joey "Joey is very underrated too "

Josh , I would like to nuzzle you .

Joey

Page: 1 2 3 4

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road