ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Shepherds Bush Empire, London - December 11, 2001
By Richard Young

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Most under-rated Stones tune/album Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
08-23-02 05:24 PM
Sir Stonesalot Most Underrated Stones Album: Exile.

Why?

Because not EVERYONE on the face of the planet realizes the massive accomplishment that it is.

Most Underrated Stones Song: Don't Stop.

Why?

Because it hasn't been rated yet!

Duh.
08-23-02 06:40 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
jb wrote:
most of us here are baby boomers..35-50

jb i'm more or less in the middle of that demographic and i (for what it's worth) do not consider myself a baby-boomer and i certainly wouldn't consider anyone 35 to be one

baby boomers, to me, are those who were teenagers in the sixties - basically your hippie generation

to date myself i was 18 in '76 so - as far as i'm concerned - that makes me,as i said on another thread, a member of the * * generation - and i can take it or leave it each time

aside fom all that, it is sad (and a not a bit scary) to read of the reaction your avatar received and that there are stones fans who can be so intolerant and, i would also say, completely lacking in a sense of humour - i mean, complaining to the board's administrators - c'mon now - get a life as the saying goes...(who are these people? - the avatar nazi's?)
08-23-02 07:32 PM
ElmoLewis Criss Cross Man
Congratulations
100 Years Ago
Heaven
Summer Romance
Citadel
It must be Hell
08-23-02 07:36 PM
nankerphelge It Must Be Hell is such a great song -- I love Undercover.

08-23-02 07:39 PM
luxury1 Is Pain of Love on Undercover??
08-23-02 07:42 PM
nankerphelge Yes it is and it is one of my all time favorites!
I'm happy to hear Slave is on the list but POL would be so so much better!
08-23-02 08:49 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Most Underrated Stones Album: Exile.

Why?

Because not EVERYONE on the face of the planet realizes the massive accomplishment that it is.

Most Underrated Stones Song: Don't Stop.

Why?

Because it hasn't been rated yet!

Duh.

...Thing is, no-one rated Exile upon release- 20 years later all the so called music gurus, the critics call it thier best album...."A wonderful rambling mess" I've heard it described as.
08-23-02 08:53 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

jb i'm more or less in the middle of that demographic and i (for what it's worth) do not consider myself a baby-boomer and i certainly wouldn't consider anyone 35 to be one

baby boomers, to me, are those who were teenagers in the sixties - basically your hippie generation

to date myself i was 18 in '76 so - as far as i'm concerned - that makes me,as i said on another thread, a member of the * * generation - and i can take it or leave it each time

aside fom all that, it is sad (and a not a bit scary) to read of the reaction your avatar received and that there are stones fans who can be so intolerant and, i would also say, completely lacking in a sense of humour - i mean, complaining to the board's administrators - c'mon now - get a life as the saying goes...(who are these people? - the avatar nazi's?)

......I was 15 in '76; so like you Stonedinoz,I'm Generation X......."God save The Queen my son!!"
08-23-02 08:57 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
To think that 11 years ago he was playing at some back-water pub here in OZ for like 20 OZ dollars

and, gypsymofo, he's still doing it!!

my local street press tells me he will be in town october 3rd with the todd sharpville band so i guess he'll be around your way shortly before or after that

and i guess that puts paid to any taylor guest spots around that time at least

btw, interesting you refer to aus as OZ, which is really something the rest of the world has dubbed us with
- i suspect - and i mean nothing by it - that you are still an englishman at heart - 'tho it must make enjoying the cricket difficult

i always think of OZ as being that place somewhere over the rainbow - now i know we're a long way away from nth. america & europe - but we're not that faraway

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
08-23-02 09:06 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

and, gypsymofo, he's still doing it!!

my local street press tells me he will be in town october 3rd with the todd sharpville band so i guess he'll be around your way shortly before or after that

and i guess that puts paid to any taylor guest spots around that time at least

btw, interesting you refer to aus as OZ, which is really something the rest of the world has dubbed us with
- i suspect - and i mean nothing by it - that you are still and englishman at heart - 'tho it must make enjoying the cricket difficult

i always think of OZ as being that place somewhere over the rainbow - now i know we're a long way away from nth. america & europe - but we're not that faraway

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]

....Yeah! You sussed it I'm a Pohm! OZ is not a derogatory term, after all it is over the rainbow isn't it? The best country in the world!...We just get no decent touring musos on a regular basis. Don't talk to me about cricket; I'm having enough trouble with football/soccer.
08-23-02 11:54 PM
glencar To be fair, Josh, the adminisrator has requested several times that people keep politics & religion off that board. You tried to get around (through?) that rule. I think even if I agreed with your politics (and you know by know by now I certainly don't), I'd be annoyed by it. However, I wasn't a complainer. And your handle of "Scrotum" is underwhelming to some of the women.
08-24-02 11:23 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
Whether you are liberal, conservative, apolitical, etc, you should not be threatened by diversity of opinion...

How about people who have some inkling of respect for THE BEATLES (*gasp*! Quick, the knockout juice, doctor, before he goes into fits!) or any band not The Stones and occasionally expressing this view without getting in anyone's way or taking it off-topic? Or are they not on the list of "people who are OK to tolerate"?

And didn't we have a discussion about politics before when you first showed up? About, say, not screwin' around with 'em?

-tSYX - The hyp-o-crite... has got me now...
08-24-02 02:26 PM
nankerphelge Hey kiddies -- I have known jb for years from his Josh, Esq days at Keno's board. I'm here to tell y'all that his schtick was so damn annoying that it literally drove me to figure out who he really was, and call him, and tell him to knock it off!! Right jb?! Used that old DQ case of yours to make sure I had the right guy!!

Anyhow, he is a master of stirring up discussions, emotions, and often anger. But it is part of his charm, part of his schtick, and part of the fabric of this board. If it gets under your skin, it was supposed to -- light him up -- give it right back -- that's what it's all about.

Variety makes this place great!

PS -- but he really can't stand the Beatles!! Nor can I!
08-24-02 02:51 PM
glencar "Part of his charm"? LOL Some words have elastic definitions, I guess...
08-24-02 03:14 PM
juantcb Most underrated - let's see:

Down The Road Apiece
Ride On, Baby
2000 Man
100 Years Ago
Neighbors
She Was Hot
Sparks Will Fly
Lowdown
08-24-02 03:17 PM
glencar I don't think it's possible to underrate "Sparks Will Fly/Sharks Will Cry" enough...
08-24-02 03:40 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Anyhow, he is a master of stirring up discussions, emotions, and often anger. But it is part of his charm, part of his schtick, and part of the fabric of this board. If it gets under your skin, it was supposed to -- light him up -- give it right back -- that's what it's all about.

Variety makes this place great!

Hahaha... I'm giving it back, and I find our resident troll nice enough as it is - a bit annoying sometimes, but hey, to each their own. I do take issue with him now and again, and I think his tendancy to blow things to extremes is what gets me riled about him, especially dealing with that *other* English band (Joey, if you say Herman's Hermits I'll eat you. That goes for you too, Maxy, and... now that I think about it, the rest of the board and indeed world.) - we've got us some Who fans here, I'm sure - They'd do more violent *conversing* with our legally-minded compatriot if he told them specifically to shove off. We all have our tastes, Mistah jb - I'll won't shout if you don't step on my feet, so to speak.

Then again, I think the reason you singled out 505 instead of me for the Banquet issue was because he was much more willing to fight with ya! I was all "let's drop it" - not much fun, no?

You didn't really call him, did you, Nank? You go... um... boy? Guy? It just doesn't work. One of the mysteries of the feminine, I guess.

-tSYX --- Good time women don't keep you waiting all night!
08-24-02 03:43 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
glencar wrote:
I don't think it's possible to underrate "Sparks Will Fly/Sharks Will Cry" enough...

This song, and most of the rest of Voodoo Lounge, will be played at the Masochists Convention in Reno this week, but only as a prelude to the show's speaker - Don Henley and a very special "Brady Bunch" reunion, featuring Leonard Nimoy on piano, will perform "Indian Girl" and "Sing This All Together (See What Happens)".

Bootlegs available, but then I'd have to pay you to take them off my hands!

-tSYX --- Yes I can run and jump and fish, but I won't fight...
08-24-02 04:25 PM
juantcb Good points, just try to picture "Sparks" as an instrumental - Keith & Charlie smoke on it!

Ignore the skinny rubber-lipped man.
08-25-02 12:28 AM
blindedbyrainbows I know that there have been better albums, but you have to go with Voodoo Lounge! That was the album that got the Stones after 30 years, their first Grammys!!!
08-25-02 06:55 AM
nankerphelge Yes SYX -- I called him. When he first started posting, his schtick was to call everyone losers and rub their noses in the fact that he was a lawyer who had the means to do most anything. Since I didn't know it was a joke at that time, and as a lawyer myself, I found that crap extremely offensive and decided to go on a one-man mission to put an end to it. So I watched and listened -- ol' Joshy gave out a lot of clues -- how old he was, where he worked, when he graduated, where he went to school, etc. I kept track of it (no, I don't do that shit with everyone) and pumped it into a legal search system and out popped his name. I still wasn't sure I had the right guy, so I searched cases for his name and found a neat little disqualification case that he had won -- so I sent a post to him congratulating him on his victory -- he wrote back saying something to the effect that "hey you know who i am" -- once I knew I had the right guy, I called him. He was actually a really nice guy and I realized it was all a joke (except for the Beatles).

Anyhow, that's the gory details of me and jb!

08-25-02 01:04 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
jb wrote:
Yes, Friday thank fucking god!!! I have to replace my avatar, however, as a few people on another board I post on are intolerant, hateful, mean-spirited, and evil.

replace it here too. we feel the same way.
08-25-02 01:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot Just who the fuck are you JR? What right do you have to tell someone to replace an avatar? Last I checked this place was tolerant of free expression.

Seems like you are the intolerant one.
08-25-02 01:19 PM
JaggaRichards Little By Little
The Worst
Down Home Girl
My Obsession
Oh Baby! (We Got A Good Thing Going)
Love Is Strong
Citadel
Country Honk
Flight 505
Connection
Jigsaw Puzzle
The Spider And The Fly
The Under-Assisstant West Coast Promo Man
Mercy, Mercy
Jump On Top Of Me
Honest I Do
08-25-02 01:22 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Just who the fuck are you JR? What right do you have to tell someone to replace an avatar? Last I checked this place was tolerant of free expression.

Seems like you are the intolerant one.

I'm one of them 'boomers' who hates Clinton/Gore.
BTW, I don't think much of Bush either.
Deal with it buddy!
08-25-02 03:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot So just because YOU don't like JBs avatar, because of the figures on it, means he has to change it?

OK, how about this then.

I think you should change your handle because no one should be allowed to use someone elses proper names. You are not Mick Jagger or Keith Richards, so you can't use a handle that says you are.

Fucked up isn't it?

So where do you get off telling someone that they have to change their avatar?

JB decided that this was the avatar he wanted. The only person who has the right to make him change that thing is JB himself. So I suggest that YOU deal with it "buddy".
08-25-02 04:00 PM
Scot Rocks I can't believe anyone would be sad enough to complain about an avatar cos they personally didn't like it...what a load of bullshit.

Mark
[Edited by Scot Rocks]
08-25-02 04:19 PM
sonicrock most under rated song sing this all together
most album the satanic request off course
08-25-02 05:11 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
So just because YOU don't like JBs avatar, because of the figures on it, means he has to change it?

OK, how about this then.

I think you should change your handle because no one should be allowed to use someone elses proper names. You are not Mick Jagger or Keith Richards, so you can't use a handle that says you are.

Fucked up isn't it?

So where do you get off telling someone that they have to change their avatar?

JB decided that this was the avatar he wanted. The only person who has the right to make him change that thing is JB himself. So I suggest that YOU deal with it "buddy".

yea sure blah blah blah blah........deal with it...get a life too......
08-25-02 07:13 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh gee, what a witty comeback.

You sure put me in my place.

God I hate losing these little squabbles!

*burp*
Page: 1 2 3 4

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road