ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio da Dragao, Oporto, Portugal - 12th August 2996
© Juanillo!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Which shows should be canned? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10th August 2006 03:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
oldkr wrote:
the US mini tour not unnecessary they need the tax break DUH!

OLDKR

THIS WAS PREDICTED MONTHS AGO. Thank you Oldkr (TLKROTW) for always keeping it real and helping us keep things in perspective. I have aborted plans to travel to Boston this year, the sales have been dreadful, and I expect a "rough" performance. At Fenway, this was the hottest ticket in town. I was seated near worldwide celebrities Carly Simon, Tommy Hilfiger, and Nellcote. I fear the highest level celebrities we can expect this time around are early castoffs from Survivor season 2 The Australian Outback, and possibly extras from the now defunct "Emily's Reasons Why Not (ABC)"

I am instead leaning towards Vegas....Big names in the crowd may be myself, jb, and perhaps local celebrities Wayne Newton, Lance Burton, and Carrot Top.....a small, but at least a step up. Our Hilfiger and Simon days are over, and this is sad.
10th August 2006 03:08 PM
RollingstonesUSA Will Kayne West get booed off the stage....
10th August 2006 03:15 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

THIS WAS PREDICTED MONTHS AGO. Thank you Oldkr (TLKROTW) for always keeping it real and helping us keep things in perspective. I have aborted plans to travel to Boston this year, the sales have been dreadful, and I expect a "rough" performance. At Fenway, this was the hottest ticket in town. I was seated near worldwide celebrities Carly Simon, Tommy Hilfiger, and Nellcote. I fear the highest level celebrities we can expect this time around are early castoffs from Survivor season 2 The Australian Outback, and possibly extras from the now defunct "Emily's Reasons Why Not (ABC)"

I am instead leaning towards Vegas....Big names in the crowd may be myself, jb, and perhaps local celebrities Wayne Newton, Lance Burton, and Carrot Top.....a small, but at least a step up. Our Hilfiger and Simon days are over, and this is sad.

I am leaning towards Vegas, but not happy about such a long flight.........I may also can Boston and Chicago---total embarassment.
10th August 2006 03:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

THIS WAS PREDICTED MONTHS AGO.

this is true!!

I distinctly recall about 4 dozen posts where you warned fans to not wait for the US shows but to see them in Europe at all costs because US shows would sell poorly and be a total embarrassment. I even recall you suggesting that several European Summits be held since the US Mini Tour would be a bust.

Pug, dont ever let any accuse you of being a Monday morning armchair quarterback.
10th August 2006 03:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

this is true!!

I distinctly recall about 4 dozen posts where you warned fans to not wait for the US shows but to see them in Europe at all costs because US shows would sell poorly and be a total embarrassment. I even recall you suggesting that several European Summits be held since the US Mini Tour would be a bust.

Pug, dont ever let any accuse you of being a Monday morning armchair quarterback.

almost entirely accurate...except....at the risk of being visciously attacked/web assaulted, I will remind all that I advised against "ALL SUMMITS"
10th August 2006 03:34 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

almost entirely accurate...except....at the risk of being visciously attacked/web assaulted, I will remind all that I advised against "ALL SUMMITS"

actually, your exact words were something to the effect of:
"I urg holding a Summitt at all European shows because I don't see any remote possibly of there being any US Mini Tour outside of 5 cities which will only sell poorly and possibly be cancelled."

I believe your motto was: Summit now. Avoid humiliation later.
10th August 2006 03:39 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

actually, your exact words were something to the effect of:
"I urg holding a Summitt at all European shows because I don't see any remote possibly of there being any US Mini Tour outside of 5 cities which will only sell poorly and possibly be cancelled."

I believe your motto was: Summit now. Avoid humiliation later.

You have humiliated Pug again....I hate tio say it, as Pug is a dear friend, but you have schooled him today.
10th August 2006 03:43 PM
Some Guy Don't f*ck with Sway.
10th August 2006 03:45 PM
Nellcote No cancelled shows.
True fans are there for the music.
40 days from today, I was planning tailgate strategy just this morning. Those who do not attend, will miss out.
We care not about who does not know
good music by not purchasing coveted ducats.
We will have true fans at all shows.
As said in Godfather II, "If I see you there, I know you are a fan, if I do not, then I know you are not a fan"..
Forget your predicting, papering, palaber.
Everything allright in the critics section?
10th August 2006 03:47 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
No cancelled shows.
40 days from today, I was planning tailgate strategy just this morning. Those who do not attend, will miss out.
As said in Godfather II, "If I see you there, I know you are a fan, if I do not, then I know you are not a fan"..

You are a true fan and a bud man?
10th August 2006 03:48 PM
Some Guy Can Atlanta sales are dismal.
10th August 2006 03:51 PM
Nellcote Good One!

"You are a true fan and a bud man?"

Here's to you, Mr. I Am Worried About Tour Gross From South Florida, high Fiving Heat Fan!

We will see you in the Stadium of Champions!
10th August 2006 04:59 PM
Gazza
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Will Kayne West get booed off the stage....

not when there wont be anyone in the audience to do the booing....
10th August 2006 05:08 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

not when there wont be anyone in the audience to do the booing....

Funny !

Good Postin ' ..................

You are POSTIN' with a Capital " P " .

10th August 2006 05:39 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Funny !

Good Postin ' ..................

You are POSTIN' with a Capital " P " .

Joey, you've been scarce.
10th August 2006 05:47 PM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

There's hope for you yet!
10th August 2006 05:48 PM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
No cancelled shows.

Ya mo be dere!
10th August 2006 06:50 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Joey, you've been scarce.

It is Hell coming back from Vacation and finding over two hundred friggin E - Mails just ' awaiting ' for you .

Hell !!!!!

J.
10th August 2006 06:55 PM
glencar Your penis can't grow any bigger. There are no great penny stocks any more. And those Russian girls will take you for every dime you have. There, now you only have 2 emails to open. Yes, she still hates you & no, Joshy will not fly you to Boston for the opener.
10th August 2006 07:14 PM
Michael Cohl For the past year I have made all my business decisions by using a ouiji board and a Magic 8 Ball. I picked the tour locations by throwing darts at a map.
10th August 2006 07:17 PM
glencar Too bad your aim was too far to the left!
10th August 2006 08:40 PM
LSTNT I am looking forward to Boston, New York and Atlantic City. All venus will be packed by show time. The one constant is that The Stones always give a great show and that's good enough for me. Boston will be one show that in my opinion they really need to mix it up, I think many are sitting on the fence to see if they change the setlist, if they do I suspect tickets sales amongst diehards will increase. My one worry is that of all the songs they rehearsed(not many) only several have not been played. MM,SOM,CYHMK,She's a Rainbow, LIB, HS.

Time will tell, but I will go to as many shows as I can, even if they play the same songs, in my book there has never been nor will there ever be a band like THE ROLLING STONES.
10th August 2006 08:43 PM
Nellcote They always play great in Bahston.
We get songs premiered frequently.
Come to Bahston!
We will toast the Stones!
10th August 2006 09:23 PM
luxury1 I, for one, cant wait for Boston. The Stones still do it for me, even playing the same ole songs....hell, I have all those songs on my ipod too, and still listen to them.
Now, whatever shall I wear???
10th August 2006 09:24 PM
Nellcote FREEBIRD!
Code for a WICKED PISSAH TIME!
10th August 2006 09:25 PM
glencar
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I, for one, cant wait for Boston. The Stones still do it for me, even playing the same ole songs....hell, I have all those songs on my ipod too, and still listen to them.

A big smile?
10th August 2006 09:49 PM
Soldatti The opening acts should help to sell tickets. An early announcement for a Jagger-West duet in Neocon will help a lot, to tickets and legacity.
11th August 2006 11:28 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Your penis can't grow any bigger. There are no great penny stocks any more. And those Russian girls will take you for every dime you have. There, now you only have 2 emails to open. Yes, she still hates you & no, Joshy will not fly you to Boston for the opener.

Funny !!!!

You make Joey giggle .
11th August 2006 11:38 AM
Dan
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Will Kayne West get booed off the stage....

Stones fans are too lame to put forth that kind of effort these days.
11th August 2006 11:49 AM
pdog
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I, for one, cant wait for Boston. The Stones still do it for me, even playing the same ole songs....hell, I have all those songs on my ipod too, and still listen to them.

As little as possible... I suggest a pink tube top and very tight shorts, with a low rider waist...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)