ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Estadio da Dragao, Oporto, Portugal - 12th August 2996
© Juanillo!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Which shows should be canned? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
10th August 2006 01:22 PM
jb My vote goes to Boston, Giants, Chicago and Halifax.
10th August 2006 01:25 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
jb wrote:
My vote goes to Boston, Giants, Chicago and Halifax.

I would say: all.
10th August 2006 01:26 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

makes sense...
10th August 2006 01:28 PM
LadyJane I suggest you find your anti-depressant script ASAP!!

LJ
10th August 2006 01:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

all of the shows outside Europe!
10th August 2006 01:30 PM
jb Allof these shows have rows of 10-12 in every section but first 10-20 rows.....I would reconsider having the Chicago Summitt at Regina....after all, Regina is for lovers.
10th August 2006 01:32 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

all of the shows outside Europe!

A popular sentiment among our Euro memebers...by the way Gaza, lets start charging membership fees to post here...will send them a laminate of the tent and the official "rocks-Off " tee shirt...all for just $100!!!
10th August 2006 01:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm with SSC...just stop when they finish Europe.

Unless they wanna drop all the ABB crap, and play some different songs...and use the Superbowl tongue stage. I'd probably pony up one or two more times for that.
10th August 2006 01:46 PM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I'm with SSC...just stop when they finish Europe.

Unless they wanna drop all the ABB crap, and play some different songs...and use the Superbowl tongue stage. I'd probably pony up one or two more times for that.

Interesting analysis....I think most of us wish they would stop after Europe and spare us the embarassment of this unecessary tour.............
10th August 2006 01:48 PM
RollingstonesUSA How about a Alice Cooper, Mick duet....
10th August 2006 01:49 PM
jb Halifax has only sold 35k and expected 60k!!! "No more Mr, Nice Guy", indeed!!!
10th August 2006 01:58 PM
twicks1 Imagine the horror of walking around as JB for a day...constantly in fear of the Stones "embarrassing" themselves...feeling actual pain and humiliation when another band charts higher than the Stones or grosses more in concert revenue. Instead of elation at being able to see his favorite band live several more times, all he feels is bitter dejection because many of the shows aren't selling well as he would like them to.

Interesting way to live, my friend.
10th August 2006 01:58 PM
gypsy
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

I second that!
10th August 2006 01:59 PM
jb
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
Imagine the horror of walking around as JB for a day...constantly in fear of the Stones "embarrassing" themselves...feeling actual pain and humiliation when another band charts higher than the Stones or grosses more in concert revenue. Instead of elation at being able to see his favorite band live several more times, all he feels is bitter dejection because many of the shows aren't selling well as he would like them to.

There are some pluses as well...................
10th August 2006 02:03 PM
gypsy
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
Imagine the horror of walking around as JB for a day...constantly in fear of the Stones "embarrassing" themselves...feeling actual pain and humiliation when another band charts higher than the Stones or grosses more in concert revenue. Instead of elation at being able to see his favorite band live several more times, all he feels is bitter dejection because many of the shows aren't selling well as he would like them to.

He is merely stating the facts! He is a successful man due to his skills with numbers, statistics, data, etc...
10th August 2006 02:05 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

He is merely stating the facts! He is a successful man due to his skills with numbers, statistics, data, etc...

And you are a lovely young woman with exceptional photographs of the band.
10th August 2006 02:05 PM
twicks1 Exactly my point. It sounds like you've got enough money to score great tickets to any show you choose to attend. And since you're going to get the same performance out of the Stones whether there are 35,000 people there or 65,000...all your worrying is basically wasted energy. (Just like me trying to change your complaining ways.)
10th August 2006 02:10 PM
jb
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
Exactly my point. It sounds like you've got enough money to score great tickets to any show you choose to attend. And since you're going to get the same performance out of the Stones whether there are 35,000 people there or 65,000...all your worrying is basically wasted energy. (Just like me trying to change your complaining ways.)

It is something that just gets to me...you are right to an extent, it really does bother me...I just find it hard to accept that they are no longer the best/biggest band in the world.
10th August 2006 02:11 PM
glencar They should be adding shows! They're slowing down considerably! And play more ABB, you feckers!
10th August 2006 02:12 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
They should be adding shows! They're slowing down considerably! And play more ABB, you feckers!

No demand my friend..not one single US show has sold out..except Boise?
10th August 2006 02:17 PM
twicks1
quote:
jb wrote:

It is something that just gets to me...you are right to an extent, it really does bother me...I just find it hard to accept that they are no longer the best/biggest band in the world.

They are certainly still one of the biggest bands in the world in terms of the overall package (tours, albums, longevity). That is undeniable.

And to me, you, and most everybody else here, they will always be the best.

So what's to worry about?

10th August 2006 02:18 PM
jb
quote:
twicks1 wrote:

They are certainly still one of the biggest bands in the world in terms of the overall package (tours, albums, longevity). That is undeniable.

And to me, you, and most everybody else here, they will always be the best.

So what's to worry about?

Ticket sales
10th August 2006 02:19 PM
twicks1 Oh my God...
10th August 2006 02:20 PM
Some Guy I'm starting to feel a tingle.
10th August 2006 02:22 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I'm starting to feel a tingle.

Nueropathy?
10th August 2006 02:22 PM
oldkr the US mini tour not unnecessary they need the tax break DUH!

OLDKR
10th August 2006 02:23 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

No demand my friend..not one single US show has sold out..except Boise?

Boise makes me tear up!
10th August 2006 02:24 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Boise makes me tear up!

Joey is not going...........
10th August 2006 03:02 PM
jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Chicago would be my first pick...it is not a very good place for the Stones and they have given all they can to a city which has rejected them based on initial sales....
10th August 2006 03:04 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

All will be heavily papered and prohibit Stones from winning gross this year ( see : U2 & THE WHO ) .
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)