ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Kitchener, Ontario - August 8th 2003
By Toronto Tom with thanks to Lazy Bones

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BOB HOPE DEAD AT 100 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
07-28-03 01:13 PM
JaggaRichards Rest In Peace to one of the world's greatest entertainers.
07-28-03 01:18 PM
steel driving hammer I just hope Keith lives to be a 100 ........................
07-28-03 01:45 PM
FPM C10 Not to speak ill of the dead, but I NEVER thought Bob Hope was the least bit funny, and generally represented the kinda crap our parents accepted as entertainment. A government suck-up who hated to see the Vietnam war end. The only important thing he contributed was the solace he gave young Joey in Da Nang by sending 4 or 5 of the Gold Diggers over to his tent when he was laid up with an ass pocket full of shrapnel.

Always thought "Bob Hopeless" would be a good punk-rock nom de guerre.

I'm with Steely - hope MY generation's big names live to be 100 too.
07-28-03 01:55 PM
steel driving hammer Maybe they should do this w/ Keith...just kidding.

Glowing mice : A fluorescent mouse family, provided by the Level Biotech, a transgenic company, is displayed inside a box during the Bio Taiwan 2003 at the World Trade Center in Taipei. The mice were implanted with the green fluorescent gene into the mice embryo combining genetic engineering, 20 watts of natural light and transplantion technology. (AFP/Sam Yeh)

07-28-03 02:06 PM
Joey " The only important thing he contributed was the solace he gave young Joey in Da Nang by sending 4 or 5 of the Gold Diggers over to his tent when he was laid up with an ass pocket full of shrapnel. "

Damn Straight My Brother .............................

Ill Speak is perfectly normal in this case as I had to suffer through three tours of duty over there in the ' Nam and each time the only real dread I ever had to face was spending another Christmas Holiday with that no-talent Ass Wipe of a comic . My true solace during those years was the full knowledge that Johnny Carson was back home in the states busy stealing his material year after year after decade after decade until everyone really thought that the Sh## was Johnny's .

" Bite Me Ronnie "

Jacky Carson !
07-28-03 02:08 PM
jb Well, he was part of Americana and entertained millions of young men who died for our country...therefore, I say "thanks for the memories" Bob, and rest in peace.
07-28-03 02:09 PM
Joey Josh , was Bob Hope Jewish ???????

{{ Rabbi Joey }}
07-28-03 02:15 PM
jb No, actually he was born in England(ask Sirmoonie) and came to the U.S. at a very young age. He was, I believe, a WASP....
P.S.-Deloris is a hot mamma!!!
[Edited by jb]
07-28-03 02:22 PM
Joey " He was, I believe, a WASP....
P.S.-Deloris is a hot mamma!!! "

Josh , the most important thing to remember about WASPS is that they love animals but can not STAND people .
{ Edited by the Joey }

{{{ JOEY GEKKO }}}
07-28-03 02:46 PM
jb Was Bob hope circimcised?
07-28-03 03:08 PM
Joey " Was Bob hope circimcised? "

No ! Bar Mitzvahed in 1911 .

Jacky !

07-28-03 03:32 PM
steel driving hammer Was Bob Hope a Republican?
07-28-03 03:34 PM
telecaster Lucky day for Gray Davis. Bob Hopes estate taxes will wipe out Californias deficit entirely
07-28-03 03:35 PM
sirmoonie I don't know where he was born or whether he was circumsized.

I do know that he bored the living hell out of the troops (ask any of them), and stuck the txpayers with MILLIONS in fees for those lukewarm shows he put on. But he was funnier than John Carson and Mike Douglas. Shrewd career moves and good genes got him farther than any talent he had.
07-28-03 03:37 PM
jb He was a limey MOonie!!!!!!!!!
07-28-03 03:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'll go one step further than FPM....I'm GLAD Bob Hope is dead.

Bob Hope was a no talent hack, and he was so irrelevant to entertainment today, that his passing means less than nothing.

The more Bob Hopes that die, the closer my generation is to getting into a position where we can fix everything that Bob's generation broke.

I do feel bad for his family...but not too bad, considering the fortune that he left them with.
07-28-03 03:40 PM
telecaster
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I don't know where he was born or whether he was circumsized.

I do know that he bored the living hell out of the troops (ask any of them), and stuck the txpayers with MILLIONS in fees for those lukewarm shows he put on. But he was funnier than John Carson and Mike Douglas. Shrewd career moves and good genes got him farther than any talent he had.

You are forgeting his annual college "All American" show

He introduced OJ!

So is P-Didie the new Bob Hope of our generation?

I remember onetime in Da Nang when Joey was so drunk he tried breaking into Ann Margarets dressing room.
MP hauled him away

07-28-03 03:43 PM
jb He was born in England as Lesley Townes Hope......gee SS, you really didn't like the guy!!!!!!!!
07-28-03 03:51 PM
telecaster
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I'll go one step further than FPM....I'm GLAD Bob Hope is dead.

Bob Hope was a no talent hack, and he was so irrelevant to entertainment today, that his passing means less than nothing.

The more Bob Hopes that die, the closer my generation is to getting into a position where we can fix everything that Bob's generation broke.

I do feel bad for his family...but not too bad, considering the fortune that he left them with.

Entertainment today? Justin Timberlake, JLo, Ben Aflicted, Johnny (I hate the US)Depp, P Diddie, Eminem, George Clooney, Adam Sandler, Ice Cube, Snoop Dog, etal

Give me Bob Hope, Dean Martin, Johnny Carson, Frank Sinatra
and a case of bourbon and anyday

07-28-03 04:02 PM
Joey *************** ANALYSIS **************

All of this talk about Bob Hope and his " Entertaining of the American Troops " has caused your young Joey to have Flashbacks of his days in the Vietnam . How ironic it is that the only reason that Hope was IN Vietnam every damn Christmas for ten fu##ing years was because the United States of America found it was all to easy to put the troops into the battlefield and not have any plan whatsoever of getting them the Hell out ...............

It is my belief that the Iraqi Army simply pulled back , let Baghdad fall , and regrouped in the Northern Countryside
and set up sanctuaries inside Syria . What you are seeing now is a " Guerrilla Type " methodology promulgated
by the Iraqi Resistance that continues to bleed the American Imperialist Juggernaut and weaken it's will
to carry on the fight . This is reminiscent of General Giap's ( pronounced Ziap ) strategy of destroying
the will of the American Army in Vietnam and causing such dissension on the American Homefront that the population
demanded a complete withdrawal of all American troops from the War . Giap knew he could not
defeat 500,000 American Servicemen on the battlefield so he made sure that Victory could not be achieved
in the time-frame dictated by the American Administration facing re-election .

The North Vietnamese knew something that we also knew but DID NOT acknowledge : " That we
would someday go home and they could re-build what we had destroyed and come back to fight another
day " . When North Vietnam launched the great " final offensive in November of 1974 , they thought it would
take five years to reach Saigon ………………………………………….It took five months .

Hussein's sons are dead but the Drip …..Drip…..Drip……continues and the blood flows as a result
of Cheney's and Rumsfield's total debacle . Saddam held that nation together and kept it from
being nibbled to death by its neighbors ------- we now have no " Exit Strategy " and have no plan
for ending the War in time for the 2004 election ( See 1968 and RFK's Entry into the fray ) . Hillary
is chomping at the bit to get into this election and I look for her to announce this November .

Dems. win 48 states next year !!!!!!!

JACKY !!!!!!!

07-28-03 04:09 PM
sirmoonie If he was born in Britain, he probably wasn't circumsized.

I'm not sure about any of the other individuals listed above, but we should check into it.
07-28-03 04:11 PM
steel driving hammer I wish Jane Fonda would of died instead on Bob Hope.
07-28-03 04:23 PM
Joey " I wish Jane Fonda would of died instead on Bob Hope. "

Jane Fonda was a Hot Piece of A## !!!!!

For all I know , she may still be ...........

Developing ....................

J.Kins !

07-28-03 04:24 PM
jb In Barbarella I would have done anal with her...possibly even a rim job after showering!!!
[Edited by jb]
07-28-03 04:28 PM
Joey " In Barbarella I would have done anal with her...possibly even a rim job after showering!!! "

In Barbarella , she was a " Three Input Woman !!! "

Jacky !
07-28-03 04:34 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Joey wrote:
Jane Fonda was a Hot Piece of A## !!!!!

Yes but so was Bianca...
07-28-03 04:47 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Jacky!

I agree with you, man, 'bout Nam and 'Raq, but The Bushy One's still gonna milk 9/11 for all its worth.

Don't believe me? Did you see that article about how he was devising his entire campaign strategy around it?

He's gonna win, Joeyfly. You and the Dems are gonna hafta stomach four more years of strategery.

Damn.

As a republican, all the Democrats are repulsive to me.
As a human being, George W. is repulsive to me.

Who is Xyzzy going to vote for in this upcoming election?

Answer: Keith Richards!

As for Bob Hope, whatever. He was a relic of a generation when war was War with a capital "W", where we were fighting the Nazis and the Japanese Empire and everyone knew we were right. He carried it over into Vietnam. That was a biiiig fucking mistake.

I'm sad to see him go, I guess, but I never really knew anything about him. He'd become an antique long before I was born.

Unlike the STONES!

-tSYX --- I was married yesterday, to a teenage bride...
07-28-03 04:52 PM
jb You still love the Beatles TSXY?
07-28-03 04:55 PM
Joey " I agree with you, man, 'bout Nam and 'Raq, "

I would like to nuzzle you !
07-28-03 05:12 PM
sirmoonie I consumed enough hootch this weekend to quaff the thirst of a three humped diabetic camel humping schlep in a Death Valley salt mine.
Page: 1 2 3 4