ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: well... they replaced Chuck.... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 4th, 2005 03:30 AM
wisertime
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
This is all internet bullshit. All I know is the Crowes peaked with Page, and releasing a lousy album in Lions was a mistake. Soul Singing and 'Lickin are the last great Crowes tunes, and the only worthwhile tracks on that album.

That's funny, "Lickin'" is for me the worst track of the LP. Most of the other songs are great, I love it.
August 4th, 2005 08:59 AM
John Wood Are there anyboots of the 81 Atlanta Fox show? Too bad the Stones don't release this one on dvd!!!
August 4th, 2005 10:06 AM
BlindLemon Hi,
I have listened to the feed on the BCs site, and I have to say it only confirmed to me what I thought I knew. Great live band, great to listen to, ad I am sure I would be in a trance were I in the crowd. Yet, listening to it, I hear to "weaving" guitar players (this IS a compliment), who (and this is a criticism) lack nuance, don't have the gift of "space" - the idea that not hitting any notes in the right moment is as forceful as hitting a string of notes. I then listened to BOMH which, granted, is not the greatest track of all times, but where Keith does show - to me - that he can play sparsely, which I think is an important sign of true talent. It may be really a Q of taste: I prefer wily ole fox Keith to smouldering Rich R. I feel Keith's and Ronnie's playing is more varied, subtler and richer. And I will not deny that they were better in 1976, nor that may boots of the 1972/73 tour are even better - I just think they are still great and compensate for some loss of speed quite well when they are on the top of their current game. Whereas no matter how hard I listen, I cannot detect in the BCs anything more than a forceful and intensive rehash of guitar cliches - I'd say the highest quality cheeseburgers (to paraphrase eminent cheeseburger man Gerorge Thorogood), but cheeseburgers at that. There is nothing wrong with quality cheesburgers, in fact, I will have cheeseburgers any day, but want the steak on my birthday. And Keith is the master chef
I feel I really can't say more, and it may really be just taste we are debating here.

p.s.: listenint to Remedy right now. I'd put this song on par with any Stones classic, though.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)