ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

RIP Jacques Lafarge
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guns n' Roses to reunite without Axl Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
24th July 2007 03:40 PM
mrhipfl The original lineup of Guns N' Roses--minus lead singer Axl Rose--is rumored to be reuniting to mark the 20th anniversary of the band's seminal debut album Appetite For Destruction.

According to drummer Steven Adler, the event is due to take place on July 28th at the Key Club in Los Angeles.

The club's website states that Adler's Appetite, L.A. Guns, and "very special guests" will appear that night. Adler said: "I'll be down there with my band and Slash, Izzy [Stradlin, guitarist], and Duff [McKagan, bass] will be there too. It's gonna be great."

Adler added that it was unlikely Rose would join his former bandmates, but that he expected a full reunion to happen eventually.

He explained: "Axl and I spoke to each other in Las Vegas recently, and I know there's a chance. It's just too big. Whatever the Stones make when they play, we'd triple it. It'd be ridiculous not to do it. He can't be that goofy."

Rose has recently finished a tour of Japan with his rebranded version of the band.

Credits for the info to Yahoo!News.
POSTED: 07/24/2007 - 03:39 am

personally, I don't buy any of it. And the comment about the Stones made me laugh.
24th July 2007 03:43 PM
BONOISLOVE Im so excited I'm typing this with Poison!
24th July 2007 03:44 PM
Joey
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
Im so excited I'm typing this with Poison!

I am now so excited that I could literally , LITERALLY just Drop a Log :

************ END TRANSMISSION ***************

Phewy !
24th July 2007 03:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
The original lineup of Guns N' Roses--minus lead singer Axl Rose--is rumored to be reuniting to mark the 20th anniversary of the band's seminal debut album Appetite For Destruction.

According to drummer Steven Adler, the event is due to take place on July 28th at the Key Club in Los Angeles.

The club's website states that Adler's Appetite, L.A. Guns, and "very special guests" will appear that night. Adler said: "I'll be down there with my band and Slash, Izzy [Stradlin, guitarist], and Duff [McKagan, bass] will be there too. It's gonna be great."

Adler added that it was unlikely Rose would join his former bandmates, but that he expected a full reunion to happen eventually.

He explained: "Axl and I spoke to each other in Las Vegas recently, and I know there's a chance. It's just too big. Whatever the Stones make when they play, we'd triple it. It'd be ridiculous not to do it. He can't be that goofy."

Rose has recently finished a tour of Japan with his rebranded version of the band.

Credits for the info to Yahoo!News.
POSTED: 07/24/2007 - 03:39 am

personally, I don't buy any of it. And the comment about the Stones made me laugh.

hasn't this "reunion" basically already happened and goes under the name "Velvet Revolver"?
24th July 2007 03:45 PM
Dan I could get comped for this but I think I am going to go see Joan Jett instead. When I saw Adler's Appetite in 2003, which a much better group of C List players, Slash Duff and Izzy joined for a 3 song encore so it has happened before.
24th July 2007 03:48 PM
mrhipfl more power to ya. Joan Jett is awesome. And she doesn't age either.
24th July 2007 03:50 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Joey wrote:

I am now so excited that I could literally , LITERALLY just Drop a Log :

************ END TRANSMISSION ***************

Phewy !

Come to Axl!

24th July 2007 03:58 PM
lotsajizz the others are envious of Axl's great tour and fantastic reviews....Slash is dull, Duff is an idiot, Adler's been chemically destroyed---and Matt Sorum was a better drummer anyway (he's REALLY a good drummer)
24th July 2007 04:02 PM
robpop A truly horrible band, who got lucky with a few songs. Garbage, rubbish, trash, waste, refuse. Seriously, can you compare Appetite for Destruction for Let it Bleed, Exile, Some Girls, Sticky Fingers, Goats Head, ect... THe answer is no.
24th July 2007 04:05 PM
lotsajizz Appetite For Destruction is a fantastic album. The others were pretty friggin' awesome too. Axl and Mick sang the shit out of 'Salt Of the Earth'.
24th July 2007 04:14 PM
Dan
quote:
robpop wrote:
A truly horrible band, who got lucky with a few songs. Garbage, rubbish, trash, waste, refuse. Seriously, can you compare Appetite for Destruction for Let it Bleed, Exile, Some Girls, Sticky Fingers, Goats Head, ect... THe answer is no.

Why would you even want to compare them? Either way it's an incredible album and one of the best of the 1980's - if not ever.
24th July 2007 04:56 PM
FotiniD Guns n' Roses are special either way, and they also happen to epitomize the whole Greek '90s adolescent scene for me so that earns them even more points...

I think that Axl was one of the last performers that could actually convey you that sense of awe. It's just not the same anymore. There are still great performers, sure, but they're so much more 'intimate'. That's not necessarily bad, it's just that the 'legend' status is long gone.

Now, if they could only brush their inflated ego's, demented personalities and appetites for $$$$ aside, and actually reunite for the love of it... that would be great, but I'm not holding my breath.

P.S. Axl recently sang "Don't Cry" again after years!!! There's a good video on youtube, but it's also kind of sad. He's changed so much. Time really waits for no-one
[Edited by FotiniD]
24th July 2007 05:33 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Appetite For Destruction is a fantastic album. The others were pretty friggin' awesome too. Axl and Mick sang the shit out of 'Salt Of the Earth'.

Damn skippy!
24th July 2007 05:38 PM
Fiji Joe That's funny....because the consensus around here has been to bag on that 1989 version of Salt of the Earth...my initial reaction to that rendition was one of amazement...and it still is...One of the best things ever done by a "special guest"

"Let's drink to the hard working people...

24th July 2007 05:40 PM
Starbuck
quote:

has cardinal fang been informed?
24th July 2007 05:41 PM
Joey " I've Got a Golden Ticket "

" I never thought my life could be anything but catastrophe
But suddenly I begin to see a bit of good luck for me
Cause I've got a golden ticket
I've got a golden twinkle in my eye
I never had a chance to shine never a happy song to sing,
But suddenly half the world is mine what an amazing thing
Cause I've got a golden ticket.
It's ours Charlie!
I've got a golden sun up in the sky.

I never thought I'd see the day when I would face the world and say,
"Good morning. Look at the sun."
I never thought that I would be slap in the lap of luxury
Cause I have said it couldn't be done
But it can be done.

I never dreamed that I would climb over the moon in ecstasy,
But nevertheless it's there that I'm shortly about to be
Cause I've got a golden ticket
I've got a golden chance to make my way
And with the golden ticket it's a golden day.

Good morning! Look at the sun!
Cause I have said, "It couldn't be done"
But it can be done.

I never dreamed that I would climb over the moon in ecstasy,
But nevertheless it's there that I'm shortly about to be
I've got a golden chance to make my way
And with a golden ticket it's a golden day. "
24th July 2007 06:57 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Axl's staying home to put the finishing touches on Chinese Democracy...
24th July 2007 08:41 PM
Got Me Rockin
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Axl's staying home to put the finishing touches on Chinese Democracy...

Nah, he is trying to ambush Tommy Hilfiger.

I wouldn't see Guns 'N' Roses if you paid for the seats.
[Edited by Got Me Rockin]
24th July 2007 08:51 PM
sirmoonie Man, I loves them to this day, and if they had a weak link at the time, it probably was Axl.

Gunners best song?

24th July 2007 08:54 PM
mrhipfl best song is for sure November Rain.
24th July 2007 09:13 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
best song is for sure November Rain.

You still venture outside the house with leg warmers? Thats a John Elton power ballad, far beneath their skill set.

Double talking jive, get the money motherfucker, cause I got no more patience......
24th July 2007 09:23 PM
sirmoonie Holy fuck, watch him go off on Warren Beatty - WTF was that about? Cool bash anyway.

24th July 2007 09:36 PM
Bruno I love Guns Nī Roses. You can tell what you want of them but when they got onstage, I feel the awe like I feel with the Stones (see the famous Ritz show shot by MTV). AFD is one of the best RnR records ever. "How can you compare it to Let It Bleed or Exile?" is such a stupid question. How do you compare an apple to an orange?

Even not liking that much of the new songs, I still admire Axl. The guy wants to do something new. Meanwhile, Slash - whom I admire deeply too - gets that moron from STP to play those boring, uninspired Velvet Revolver songs (except for Fall To Pieces). I also think he and the others envie Axl success; more than that, actually: they seem to envie Axlīs guts.

Anyway, it would be great to see the classic Guns together again.

Fotini, Iīm checking that Donīt Cry video

24th July 2007 09:39 PM
Bruno
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Holy fuck, watch him go off on Warren Beatty - WTF was that about? Cool bash anyway.

The story I know is that Warren stole Axlīs then girlfriend, the ultra hot Stephanie Seymour - see Donīt Cry and November Rain videos.
24th July 2007 10:46 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Bruno wrote:
Meanwhile, Slash - whom I admire deeply too - gets that moron from STP to play those boring, uninspired Velvet Revolver songs (except for Fall To Pieces).

Dude, he's not even close to a moron - that guy had talent, unfortunately the liberal media will not allow you to squander talent on drugs anymore. Its a crying shame.
24th July 2007 11:00 PM
The Wick
quote:
Whatever the Stones make when they play, we'd triple it.

Give it a shot twat and we'll see if you even break even. Never liked them and also thought they were overrated.
24th July 2007 11:15 PM
mojoman
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:

Brian, from what I've heard, you're using your paper, not for writing, but for rolling doobies!! You're gonna be doing a lot of doobie-rolling when you're living in a van down by the river!
24th July 2007 11:16 PM
Bruno
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Dude, he's not even close to a moron - that guy had talent, unfortunately the liberal media will not allow you to squander talent on drugs anymore. Its a crying shame.

It has nothing to do with his drug abuse, really. Itīs because everytime I saw him, videos and/or pieces of concerts, he was acting or sounding like someone else, Eddie Vedder especially. I hate that in an artist.
24th July 2007 11:25 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Bruno wrote:

It has nothing to do with his drug abuse, really. Itīs because everytime I saw him, videos and/or pieces of concerts, he was acting or sounding like someone else, Eddie Vedder especially. I hate that in an artist.

His voice sounded like Vedder, not his fault, its was a curse. But he rocked like he wanted to be Mick, Bowie, and Reed, which is fine, especially because he could play the part.

I'm telling you, if the liberal media hadn't decided to kill Scott Weiland, he'd have gone places.
24th July 2007 11:28 PM
Dan Saw Stone Temple Pilots in '93 but I wasn't very impressed. But they followed White Zombie, Bad Religion, King Missile and Free Kitten, all tough acts to follow. For STP at least.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)