ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Backstage at Estadi Olimpia de Munjuic, Barcelona, España - 21 June 2007
Felicidades a nuestros grandes amigos españoles
© Guillem!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stadio Olimpico, Rome, Italy - 6th July 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
6th July 2007 05:31 PM
Tom Thanks guy, you rock!
6th July 2007 05:32 PM
fireontheplatter thanks again for posting the songs.
6th July 2007 05:34 PM
Gazza

All photos by Andrew Medichini/ AP
6th July 2007 05:36 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Wow, just look at him! Unstoppable. The Eighth Wonder of the World.
6th July 2007 05:41 PM
LadyJane Thanks to all for bringing us the info!!

LJ.
6th July 2007 05:45 PM
jaggergurl
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Wow, just look at him! Unstoppable. The Eighth Wonder of the World.

amen!!
6th July 2007 05:52 PM
open-g

http://www.ilmessaggero.it/articolo.php?id=4729&sez=HOME_SPETTACOLO

they say 35.000 attended the show....
6th July 2007 05:54 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
open-g wrote:

http://www.ilmessaggero.it/articolo.php?id=4729&sez=HOME_SPETTACOLO

they say 35.000 attended the show....

Now that is a KEEPER!!!
6th July 2007 05:55 PM
Martha Mick stuns me everytime I see a shot of him. He's truly amazing.

An Olympic athlete at age 62.

Did I get his age correct this time?

xxoo,
MM
6th July 2007 06:01 PM
Bitch
quote:
Martha wrote:
Mick stuns me everytime I see a shot of him. He's truly amazing.

xxoo,
MM

No MICK's 63 and he has a birthday coming up on July 26, he'll be 64! How he continues to look so fabulous is a wonder!!
6th July 2007 06:01 PM
open-g
quote:
Martha wrote:
Mick stuns me everytime I see a shot of him. He's truly amazing.

xxoo,
MM

No, in 20 days he'll be 64 years young.
6th July 2007 06:03 PM
Stray Cat UK He will be 64 on the 26th of this month Martha.

thanks to Pauly and Gazza for the reports

sc uk
6th July 2007 06:08 PM
GotToRollMe
6th July 2007 06:09 PM
open-g
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:

sc uk

I second that and one word about Guzza: whatzupman?
6th July 2007 06:15 PM
open-g before the show Only Stones on IORR wrote:

One hour ago, some italian fans met the Stones.
Max, the guy with the banner "after Elvis only Keith" and "Alla faccia di chi ci vuole male" got a big smile from Keith and Charlie said:
"Keith, that's the guy!"

CONGRATULATION MAX !
Sici

check this site: http://www.wildhorses.it/
and click on congratulations max

6th July 2007 06:44 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Gazza wrote:
As far as I recall, Milan last year was the first place where they played anything but Miss You as the 'moving b-stage' song which is probably why we got it tonight.

Miss You was played as the 'moving b-stage song' in Milan.
6th July 2007 06:45 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
open-g wrote:
before the show Only Stones on IORR wrote:

Max, the guy with the banner "after Elvis only Keith" and "Alla faccia di chi ci vuole male" got a big smile from Keith and Charlie said:
"Keith, that's the guy!"

CONGRATULATION MAX !
Sici

That's so great, open-g! He must have been thrilled. Some nice photos on that website too!
6th July 2007 06:48 PM
open-g >>That's so great, open-g! Here are four photos from the website that I assume were taken by Max (or Sici) at today's show. Hope they don't mind me posting them here.<<

sorry GTRM, but the pics are from Milano and Zurich last year.

I think we can expect some new pics from tonight soon though.
6th July 2007 07:35 PM
Martha
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
He will be 64 on the 26th of this month Martha.

sc uk

Thanks for the correction Stray Cat.I thought I might be off by a year.
6th July 2007 07:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
open-g wrote:

I second that and one word about Guzza: whatzupman?

No idea. Couldnt reach him by text or phone.
6th July 2007 08:12 PM
open-g
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No idea. Couldnt reach him by text or phone.

what a letdown, eh.

He owes us an explanation
6th July 2007 10:17 PM
tumbled Keith is wearing that jacket cuz it has a meaning and its a lucky jacket ...that must be it.

nice ruby tuesday and CYHMK back to back

* hoping that a picture surfaces of the dark boys of italy in the crowd who see fit to leave their girlfriends at home. it was all guys there last time, they are so naughty..they dont want their women to lust after ..but from the band's angle it must suck to play just in front of a bunch of guyz...i would think..i wish i had more money ...i miss.. i will open this bottle of champagne to toast....wish u were here
[Edited by tumbled]
6th July 2007 10:46 PM
HAWKEYE AND BJ after song number 11 the show is all but over
6th July 2007 11:42 PM
tumbled not finnish ...norwegian.....

life must be good in italy you lucky dawgs
7th July 2007 03:34 AM
Jeep Two minutes video report (TG5) :

http://www.video.mediaset.it/video.html?sito=tg5&data=2007/07/07&id=17626&categoria=servizio&from=tg5
[Edited by Jeep]
7th July 2007 03:51 AM
Straycat87 Th Stones must keep on touring for years : if they don't there will be no more reports such as RO ones and it'd be too cruel.
So THANKS A LOT one more time Gazza (G for GREAT) and Pauly, and all the people sharing on this board !
Sometimes life's a gas, gas, gas !
7th July 2007 04:09 AM
Jeep

7th July 2007 07:00 AM
maumau Mixed feelings in Rome last night

i was "seated" row five keith side. Until about 9 when a roar came from behind and the pitch was invaded. i got up a reach the second row together with nice guys i've met in milan last year (one of them got a charlie stick at the end!)
First the security tried to clean back the area then gave up.

Just incredible to think of a rs show with people seated... What goes in the mind of certain promoters god only knows...

Show started at 9:30 with a good version of the usual SMU
Then from song 2 to 6 where i hope to get something "different different" i got the usual YGMR RJ and RT
SSC and RO were the "cookies" for me but all this portion of the show was more characterized for me by the "Keith's out of place out of tune licks"
Nothing serious or even noticeable by most people. Still he had bad timing for the solo on YGMR, meshed up RJ intro, did some "strange" things on SSC and exspecially rocks off.
Nothing outrageous and i must say SSC was great while i remember a better version of RO in paris bercy 2003.
All this initial rocking part was sustained by a great Ronnie who looked and sounded very focused.

After last night I think I have "my theory" on Keith (which has nothing to do with brain damages or health problems, as the rest of the show showed) but i am not to bore you here and now with it.

RT was good for the audience but a little boring for me. Sounds still so 89. While the rest of the show is more about guitars.

On song 7 Keith came on stage, i mean really the rhythm guitar of the rolling stones showed up. Sorry for the delay i'm here....dadadada dadada
someone asked and the answer is: yes he nailed it. The whole band nailed it. An 11 minutes jam at the end of which Ronnie shined with his solo.
To think that the 2003 version got printed on cd and dvd... His solo on CTHMK is on a completely different planet from then
highlight

i'll go crazy is fun but nothing special for me, good for a bit more of ass shaking

then TD always giving the good vibes to me. Keith did not drive me to tears still he did a pretty good job with his trademark licks

keith set was stunning. I must say i am one of those who's not fond of the "Keith without guitar" but, hey man and woman, i got shivers as he delivered a perfect, warm, passionate and moving version of YGTS. Bouncing around a solid Ronnie.
Highlight

Then Happy came. My first thought was..oh no not that again...
Then the riff came right into my face and he delivered it singing good and also riffing thru most of the song
Highlight

Miss you was a crowd teaser. Drove my butt to shake some more. Nothing more
Iorr was nothing special filled with Keith "awkward licking"

Satisfaction came with an outstanding "kalashnikov" intro by keith. Very good rocking hard version up until the end where they got lost. Still i like it better than the previous "horns" version
Almost highlight

The next 2 songs where the real surprises for me. HTW and SFTD "modern arrangements" have bored me big time. Last night though they were both highlights of the show thanks to the great work of keith. Exspecially on Sympathy's first solo which is one of the best i've heard in years. The great sound helped to make it clear crisp edgy and mean.
Just get rid of those sampled percussions and have ronnie weave from the beginning...
highlight

As Keith came forward and blast the intro to PIB right into my face and ears (so crisp i made a step back) i was in tears
That was awesome. The whole song was
highlight

Then came JJF with Keith messing up the opening chords and BS which were average but have the crowd going nuts again.

----

Milan last year suffered from a very bad sound (in the FOS area). Mick was the highlight of the band then. Last night, IMHO he was average and in the end looked very tired even if he has not run as much. Ronnie has become a pillar of this society of extraordinary men. Keith wake up late but then made me happy. Charlie..you know how he was...

[Edited by maumau]
7th July 2007 07:19 AM
FotiniD
quote:
open-g wrote:
before the show Only Stones on IORR wrote:

"Keith, that's the guy!"

CONGRATULATION MAX !
Sici

Oh God, I remember this guy's banner from last year too So happy it got the boys' attention! Congrats Max!
7th July 2007 09:05 AM
Gazza Thanks for the review, Maumau
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)