ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Backstage at Estadi Olimpia de Munjuic, Barcelona, España - 21 June 2007
Felicidades a nuestros grandes amigos españoles
© Guillem!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stadio Olimpico, Rome, Italy - 6th July 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
7th July 2007 09:11 AM
Jeep Photos EPA / Claudio Onorati

7th July 2007 11:17 AM
Bitch Very nice review Maumau! I agree with you, RONNIE has really stepped up recently. In the beginning of ABB I was disappointed in his playing, but he got serious nailing his licks and he really lays a solid rhythm down now! Laying off the booze has def improved RONNIE!

And thanks to all for the fabulous pics! The banner's are getting alot of attention in Europe, and I'm seriously thinking of making a ROCKS OFF banner for London, but my seats are not right up front, so it may not get noticed.....unless.....some sexy man.....lets me.......sit on his lap!! Hahaha! ROCKS OFF!!!
7th July 2007 11:51 AM
SweetVirginia That was a fantastic review, Maumau. Thank you so much.

Bitch, are you going to all three London shows?

SV

7th July 2007 11:53 AM
The Wick Ronnie's been playing better than Keith for ages now. As much as I despise the song, why didn't they play Streets of Love? Didn't it top the charts over there? Pretty stupid not to play it.
7th July 2007 12:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
That was a fantastic review, Maumau. Thank you so much.

Her footer message lists all her shows!
7th July 2007 01:35 PM
SweetVirginia Duh.
Thank, Gazza!
7th July 2007 02:42 PM
GotToRollMe Thanks for the review, Maumau! PIB drove me to tears too last week.
7th July 2007 05:04 PM
maumau
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Ronnie's been playing better than Keith for ages now. As much as I despise the song, why didn't they play Streets of Love? Didn't it top the charts over there? Pretty stupid not to play it.

they did play it last year in Milan and as they are used to do they keep an eye to the setlist if they come back in a country so to shuffle it

IMHO would be so nice if the appreciation for one of the guitarist would not turn in the bashing of the other

keith was great last night, the weak moments were few and not as remarkable as the good ones. more over he seems to be in control for most of the show. hope some youtubes of his set po up

my mixed feelings came mostly because i realized that they cannot last long IN THIS FORM (that is as a big stadium circus) so that if they dont want to or cannot change their form i am afraid that this can be my last rs concert

of course mixed feelings came also from the romahed setlist full of superhits, i was expecting something new at least in the 6 spot and or in the middle of the bstage set

but all this did not prevent me from shaking my but, severely
7th July 2007 05:54 PM
The Wick
quote:
IMHO would be so nice if the appreciation for one of the guitarist would not turn in the bashing of the other

To call it bashing is a huge exaggeration. It's just an opinion that Ronnie has been far better than Keith. The times I saw them, Keith was passable but not powerful like he used to play. Ronnie on the other hand, was playing properly and not twatting about like he used to.
7th July 2007 05:56 PM
angee maumau,
excellent review(s)!
i'd like to hear more about your theory of Keith, would not
be bored at all.

bless you, gazza and paulywaul!
hope to see you in Londontown...

--a
7th July 2007 06:13 PM
maumau
quote:
The Wick wrote:

To call it bashing is a huge exaggeration. It's just an opinion that Ronnie has been far better than Keith. The times I saw them, Keith was passable but not powerful like he used to play. Ronnie on the other hand, was playing properly and not twatting about like he used to.

ok wick, to take your post as an example of that IS an exaggeration. but i have seen this kind of trend around. Remember when woody was to be fired and Keith was an example of how to manage addictions?
anyway i stand corrected and we are both happy to see ronnie playing so good
7th July 2007 06:24 PM
maumau
quote:
angee wrote:
maumau,
excellent review(s)!
be bored at all.

--a

thank you angee, my theory on keith is just thoughts that occured to me observing him last night, in fact i dont know if it is worth the post also because I myself am very tired to read "theories" on keith. So... one of these days i'll toss those thoughts around here and will appreciate feedback
7th July 2007 08:53 PM
tumbled

7th July 2007 10:06 PM
angee all right, maumau.
whatever you think...maybe later, here or at iorr. :-)
7th July 2007 10:49 PM
Glimmer Twin Hey this is great. I'm new here. I didn't know you could get on the spot reviews, pictures, and video clips. Thanks a lot. I'm going to have to stay tuned for every concert.
8th July 2007 08:38 AM
bootcover My 2 videos on youtube:

SHE'S SO COLD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70bCQBE4kbI

RUBY TUESDAY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT24GgPvpy4
8th July 2007 10:22 AM
Gazza
quote:
Glimmer Twin wrote:
Hey this is great. I'm new here. I didn't know you could get on the spot reviews, pictures, and video clips. Thanks a lot. I'm going to have to stay tuned for every concert.

You're welcome, however we dont as yet have someone "on the spot" to send us SMS updates from the next show in Budva...so if you'd like to fly over there and volunteer ...
8th July 2007 10:59 AM
bootcover Nice seeing one of my videos as header
8th July 2007 07:43 PM
rogerriffin
quote:
bootcover wrote:
Nice seeing one of my videos as header

Nice to share it Bootcover! Thanks
8th July 2007 07:52 PM
Bitch
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
That was a fantastic review, Maumau. Thank you so much.

SV

Yep! But I'm worried because TM hasn't mailed the tickets yet! Thats making it complicated because I'm trading with someone in NY a spare ticket for the 2nd show for a seat at the 3rd show, that's the plan,,,,,,,
8th July 2007 08:02 PM
speedfreakjive looking at the photos of Keith in this gig, I'm sure he's fine

in particular this one

[Edited by speedfreakjive]
8th July 2007 08:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:

Yep! But I'm worried because TM hasn't mailed the tickets yet! Thats making it complicated because I'm trading with someone in NY a spare ticket for the 2nd show for a seat at the 3rd show, that's the plan,,,,,,,

They havent mailed tickets to anyone yet. It'll probably be about a month before the shows before they do. Nothing to worry about.
9th July 2007 09:13 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

You've obviously never been to an Iggy Pop show.

Funny!!
9th July 2007 10:13 PM
monkeyman2 Maumau Thanks for the great review - felt as if I was there and I definitely want to be there. I hope they make it back to the US, saw them twice last time through.
Oh yes, those precious Keef licks when he hits those incredible unconscious chords right on the nuts can bring tears to the eyes!
Just the chance to hear that again even if it's only a few times a night is worth it.
And thanks to the you tube post they still sound damn good!
Even I had my doubts Keef could pull it off. In Phoenix Nov 06 he not only didn't play guitar on YGTS he didn't sing either he mumbled some undiscernable syllables.
Yet the version of YGTS posted on this site via you tube sounded great even without the guitar, Keef was actually singing!
[Edited by monkeyman2]
9th July 2007 10:29 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
angee wrote:
maumau,
excellent review(s)!
be bored at all.

--a

agreed
9th July 2007 11:27 PM
Bitch
quote:
Gazza wrote:

They havent mailed tickets to anyone yet. It'll probably be about a month before the shows before they do. Nothing to worry about.

Thanks man! You rock!
10th July 2007 03:39 AM
bardo here is me and max at the meet & greet in roma

ciao

bardo
10th July 2007 07:24 AM
Gaby Lucky you!!!

Thanks for the photos. Mick looks amazing (as usual).
10th July 2007 10:50 AM
GotToRollMe Great pic of the meet and greet, Bardo. You and Max must have been thrilled!
10th July 2007 04:27 PM
LadyJane
quote:
bardo wrote:
here is me and max at the meet & greet in roma

ciao

bardo

Congratulations!!!
Beautiful shot!!!

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)