ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I've heard the new songs.... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 26th, 2005 02:34 AM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
The world is lucky to have our children(congrats on your latest!)in it.

I listened to ONNYA, RJ & SOL at least 10 times each over the last few days. I'm trying to force myself into getting into them. Like maybe they will grow on me or I'll hear something that I missed and it will magicly make a mediocre song better....hasn't happened yet. But no harm in trying.

My kids like good music too! The world is lucky to have them. My 4 year old got a fresh mohawk tonight. Nothing cuter than him wanting to be punk rock. when he rebels I'm fucked, he's going to come home with a bible and a stack of Debby Boone records... Seeing him asleep in bed smiling, holding his stuffed huggy friends with his mohawk nearly brought me to tears. It was beautiful.
Back to Stones...
I think hearing these in true form will make them better, I don't dig the shitty Mp3's recorded from streams. I'm basing my liking these on the hopes that sound quality will make the difference. I really liked what I heard and used imagination for the rest. Hopefully this can/will improve on them. I'm hoping for something a little bluesy on the new album, in the vein of Down In The Hole. I hope!
July 26th, 2005 02:51 AM
beer RJ is better than anything on the last 4 Stones LPs.

Don't Stop was generic and lame. Don't Stop What, coasting?
Anybody seen my baby was even worse.
Love is strong was OK.
Mixed Emotions was dopey.
Does anything really need to be said about Dirty Work?

Compared to anything off Dirty Work through Bridges, Rough Justice is excellent. In light their best work, it obviously pales. But i still think it's The Stones finally finding their way back to what they do best. And i like it.

imo

-

July 26th, 2005 03:42 AM
padre RJ would've needed a decent solo, but otherwise it's a good rocker. It doesn't have the hook that would stick it in your mind immediately, but gittars sure sound dirty and mean. It won't be a classic, but the critics will hail it for its pure energy. They'll wonder how 60 year old millionaires can rock this hard and say it's the best stuff they've done since Some Girls. I only hope they get a good video for it. An angry and grainy b/w performance clip would do nicely thank you.
Streets of Love should be a b-side to RJ and nothing more.
July 26th, 2005 04:16 AM
wisertime
quote:
beer wrote:
RJ is better than anything on the last 4 Stones LPs.

Don't Stop was generic and lame. Don't Stop What, coasting?
Love is strong was OK.

Compared to anything off Dirty Work through Bridges, Rough Justice is excellent. In light their best work, it obviously pales. But i still think it's The Stones finally finding their way back to what they do best. And i like it.

imo

-

"Too Tight" (B2B), "Sparks Will Fly", "I Go Wild" (VL), "Dirty Work", "One Hit", "Rock And A hard place" (SW), .... were far better than "Rough Justice" IMO.
July 26th, 2005 04:23 AM
maumau "Too Tight" (B2B
"Sparks Will Fly"
"I Go Wild" (VL)
"Dirty Work"
"One Hit"
"Rock And A hard place" (SW), .... were far better than "Rough Justice" IMO.

no one of these songs has a similar pace
some (i go wild, rock and a hard place (!! do you really like RAAHP??!!) are not even the same kind or genre
sparks is good but i like the arrangments and muffled sound of RJ better (a part from Mick being too in the foreground)
too tight and dirty work i agree are in the same (good) pool
July 26th, 2005 04:43 AM
keith_tif I heard RJ and SOL about 10 times but i'm not enthusiastic, i'm deceived...They took no risks. They have made hundred songs that sound like RJ and SOL. I remembered in 1997 for BTB, i liked very much Any Body Seen My Baby, it was a good single!
Why did they work with Don Was; he doesn't understand music, it's a very bad producer. They should have work with Steeve Albini for example.

STONES should think more of music than money!
Actually the best stone is Marianne Faithfull.
July 26th, 2005 04:48 AM
Monkeytonk-man Bloody 'ell! So much negativity on these pages. I've started to feel real bummed out after reading the posts on this thread

I feel like I'm the odd one out, I think RJ & ONNYA are fuckin great! straight down the line rockers, make me wanna boogie, In fact after the press conference, I found myself singing ONNYA after only hearing it once.

then again, and I can see that this will make many of you believe that I am a complete nut bag - i also liked Don't Stop! My mate, who isn't the biggest Stones fan in the world, but knows most of their stuff even said he reckoned it was the best single he's heard by them since Start Me Up!
July 26th, 2005 06:54 AM
exile
quote:
beer wrote:
Don't Stop was generic
Love is strong was OK.

very true...EXCEPT IM a HUGE fan of LOVE IS STRONG!!!
I felt that it was them being a little experimental (micks singing) and yet true to the stones mix (guitars) the perfect MIX

AS for you RJ and SOL bashers! you guys can fuck off back to your BON Jovi messageboards....banished :-)
July 26th, 2005 06:58 AM
exile
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
I feel like I'm the odd one out, I think RJ & ONNYA are fuckin great!

then again, and I can see that this will make many of you believe that I am a complete nut bag - i also liked Don't Stop!

Your not the odd one out or a nut bag I totally liked

Dont Stop, and ONNYA also RJ and SOL.....I think they are all great.

nice to know Im not a nutbag too!! :-)
July 26th, 2005 07:54 AM
IanBillen Wow,
If I didn't hear the songs myself I would lay money down that the Stones are on playing Kazoos on them by reading all these posts. I like RJ. I guess the Verdict is still,for the most part not 100% decided on SOL although it isn't 100% crap as some say. And what I hear of ONNYA Rocks. What is wrong with that . Geeze. I feel alot actually WANT not to like anything The Stones do anymore. To say they haven't produced a good tune since Tattoo You is silly.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
July 26th, 2005 10:19 AM
Monkeytonk-man Exile, thanks for the comforting words dude.

I was worried I was going off my rocker! (pun intended) but even if I am, atleast I'm not alone.

Bring on the album and LETS GET ROCKIN'!!!!!
July 26th, 2005 10:33 AM
gimmekeef I remember how disappointed many fans were in 72 myself included..The new album single was Tumblin Dice.The album was very slow off the mark.Very few raved about it and some just plain didnt like it.Of course it was Exile.Now I'm not expecting anything new now to become an album of that proportion by any means....but can we wait a while to see how it develops?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)