ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I've heard the new songs.... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 24th, 2005 05:18 PM
Sir Stonesalot ....and they don't suck(well, ok, SOL sucks). But they aren't memorable either. None of them sound like a single to me. I'd say 2nd rate filler at best.

Charlie is good.

My grade so far: C

I can't believe we waited 8 years for THIS. I hope they are saving the killer stuff for later....

July 24th, 2005 05:20 PM
Poplar
wazzup sir stonesalot?

ya not digg'n on some rough justice?

July 24th, 2005 05:36 PM
Some Guy How do I get to the Macca website?
July 24th, 2005 06:06 PM
sirmoonie You and me, SS. The voices of Stonesian reason in a sea of that swill the drips out the back of homogenized milk trucks.

Those songs blow and no one will be even be listening to them anymore by the time Neocon is released.
July 24th, 2005 06:32 PM
texile sol is embarassing drivel;
stonesian reason versus blind stonsian faith is what it is.....
July 24th, 2005 08:23 PM
Taptrick I like RJ. I believe if RJ had been released exactly as is on Exile and not received much attention over the years...many that now trash it would be referring to it as the forgotten gem. Perceptions are relative and based on infinite factors. Two of the factors no one, including the Stones, are going to ever recover is the essence of youth and the disdain of consequences. Enjoy it for what it is. We are priveleged enough to enjoy the equivalent of Robert Johnson, Elvis Presley, Jim Morrison, or Jimi Hendrix at 62. Their stuff may not have been masterpiece quality at that stage either...had they made it that far. But think how we would rejoice to see them again. The Stones are here. Now. New album. New tour. Live it. Experiencing this and savoring the moments without instant analysis may heighten the effect for those of you able to appreciate it.

[Edited by Taptrick]
July 24th, 2005 08:32 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Taptrick wrote:
I like RJ. I believe if RJ had been released exactly as is on Exile and not received much attention over the years...many that now trash it would be referring to it as the forgotten gem. Perceptions are relative and based on infinite factors. Two of the factors no one, including the Stones, are going to ever recover is the essence of youth and the disdain of consequences. Enjoy it for what it is. We are priveleged enough to enjoy the equivalent of Robert Johnson, Elvis Presley, Jim Morrison, or Jimi Hendrix at 62. Their stuff may not have been masterpiece quality at that stage either...had they made it that far. But think how we would rejoice to see them again. The Stones are here. Now. New album. New tour. Live it. Experiencing this and savoring the moments without instant analysis may heighten the effect for those of you able to appreciate it.

[Edited by Taptrick]

Well put, Taptrick. I'm taking this for what it is. I'm fairly sure the Stones will never quite set our ears on fire again like they did with Let It Bleed and Exile, but I don't really care. In my book, they're still the greatest fucking rock and roll band in the world, and I'll take just about anything from them with a smile.
July 24th, 2005 11:38 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Taptrick wrote:
I like RJ. I believe if RJ had been released exactly as is on Exile and not received much attention over the years...many that now trash it would be referring to it as the forgotten gem. Perceptions are relative and based on infinite factors. Two of the factors no one, including the Stones, are going to ever recover is the essence of youth and the disdain of consequences. Enjoy it for what it is. We are priveleged enough to enjoy the equivalent of Robert Johnson, Elvis Presley, Jim Morrison, or Jimi Hendrix at 62. Their stuff may not have been masterpiece quality at that stage either...had they made it that far. But think how we would rejoice to see them again. The Stones are here. Now. New album. New tour. Live it. Experiencing this and savoring the moments without instant analysis may heighten the effect for those of you able to appreciate it.

[Edited by Taptrick]

I agree with almost all of that. The Bush like explanations of relativism, amateur name-checking digressions into whether old guys can rock and roll, what "is" is, don't worry be happy, the whole fucking kit and kaboodle.

But if you, or anyone else, believes a starch-pisser like Rough Justice pretends to approach anything on Exile on Main Street, then you [FILL IN STANDARD RETARD INSULT].
July 25th, 2005 12:16 AM
Taptrick
or you can live life by the thread

July 25th, 2005 01:36 AM
texile here, here sirmoonie...........

true, exile was midunderstood at the time - the depth of its scope..... took years, even decades to reach mythic, almost biblical status in stonedom;
but, my friend - still waters run deep - not shallow lyrics.
July 25th, 2005 02:13 AM
Bloozehound Mick Jagger should be fired from the band for making the Stones release SOL

July 25th, 2005 02:15 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Mick Jagger should be fired from the band for making the Stones release SOL

!! outstanding post Bloozy!
July 25th, 2005 03:10 AM
hotlicks WELL SAID TAPTRICK-------ROUGH JUSTICE IS AWESOME !!
July 25th, 2005 06:25 AM
egon sol, is a goddess/alfie outtake.
(well it could be anyway.)

RJ, souds ok.

I'm not giving up hope.... yet.
July 25th, 2005 09:36 AM
Jumping Jack I love Rough Justice and feel sorry for the poor cynical bastards who can't find any reason to enjoy life or the Stones any more.

The Stones may be old, but some of their fans act even older by living in the past.
July 25th, 2005 09:47 AM
jb
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Mick Jagger should be fired from the band for making the Stones release SOL

100% correct....
July 25th, 2005 11:33 AM
ListenToTheLion I heard the songs and after 4 days of listening there is just one conclusion: mediocre. SOL is a weak Jagger solo product (could have appeard on Goddes). RJ is not really a good Stones rocker compared to Respectable or Crazy Mama. Hopefully the album will bring us some real surprises.
July 25th, 2005 11:36 AM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
How do I get to the Macca website?

www.maccareport.com

Come and Join the Party Dressed to KILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!

Oh , sure ! :

www.U2TOURS.com

July 25th, 2005 11:40 AM
Joey
quote:
texile wrote:
here, here sirmoonie...........

but, my friend - still waters run deep - not shallow lyrics.

" Still waters run deep so be careful I don't drown you
You've got nothing to hear I've got nothing to say
Sticks and stones may break your bones
But names can never down you
It only takes two words to blow you away

Everybody calls me the quiet one
But you just don't understand
You can't listen you won't hear me
With your head stuck in the sand
I ain't never had time for words that don't rhyme
My headd is in a cloud
I ain't quiet - everybody else is too loud "

ss.

Jacky !

July 25th, 2005 12:04 PM
texile oh, it isn't cynicism that keeps me from being "grateful" the stones have taken......what? - 8 years to come up with something like sol - i just don't buy into the myth that the stones can do no wrong...
WRONG! this is weak music, with no resonance whatsoever, and i don't need to live in the past - because there's alot of good current shit out there i'd rather listen to from some of the stones peers like ry cooder - this guy has mangaged to put together some of the best music, lyrics of his career, and its got nothing to do with his past - its called ....EVOLVING as an artist;
hey, the rest of this new shit my just blow me away, and i'll be the first one to scream in rapture....but until then.........
July 25th, 2005 12:10 PM
jb I hate Aerosmith, but at least their sappy ballads get air-play..SOL is a sappy ballad which sucks..............Lets face, the Stones have not put together a heat single since SMU...they simply are out of gas, and this latest abortion proves it.
July 25th, 2005 01:12 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
jb wrote:
Lets face, the Stones have not put together a heat single since SMU...they simply are out of gas, and this latest abortion proves it.

I am afraid you're right.
July 25th, 2005 01:45 PM
ResidentMule I think Ronnie's part in Rough Justice is memorable. definitly none of its Some Girls quality, I'd say it sounds more like Steel Wheels than anything else.
something about the band doesn't sound together enough. something about Mick doesn't seem to be fitting in to what the other guys are doing, and Keith's guitar tone fails to impress. then again I've just heard the songs in not so great mp3 quality so that's not exactly helping it
July 25th, 2005 01:55 PM
jb
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
I think Ronnie's part in Rough Justice is memorable. definitly none of its Some Girls quality, I'd say it sounds more like Steel Wheels than anything else.
something about the band doesn't sound together enough. something about Mick doesn't seem to be fitting in to what the other guys are doing, and Keith's guitar tone fails to impress. then again I've just heard the songs in not so great mp3 quality so that's not exactly helping it

This is the result of not being a working, fuctional band, but a cash cow that meets every 3 years and takes the best of their "own" material and try to force it in a Stones song....it don't work..
July 25th, 2005 02:03 PM
texile
quote:
jb wrote:

This is the result of not being a working, fuctional band, but a cash cow that meets every 3 years and takes the best of their "own" material and try to force it in a Stones song....it don't work..

true, but what are we to do?
July 25th, 2005 02:11 PM
jb
quote:
texile wrote:

true, but what are we to do?

Nothing..this is the last tour and I guess just enjoy it. Too bad the wasted 20 yrs ruining any legacy/credibility they had.
You think , even buy chance, they would have had a "hit" since TatooYou, but as I have long said, the departure of Taylor , Keith and Mick's hatred, and Ronnie's incompetence, has led to a band, that by most mainstream music fans, is considred a joke.
July 25th, 2005 02:26 PM
texile damn, that's sad but it IS true...
i remember somebody - slash, i think - a few years ago made a comment that mick jagger should have died after some girls when he was still cool......
harsh, but damn - thier legacy has been tarnished beyond repair....how can i explain to my neice that the stones were once the coolest, baddest band ever when she sees and hears this shit.......jb - you are correct, they are a joke ...to my neice and everybody else outside of stonedom.
July 25th, 2005 02:33 PM
jb They had a great 20 yr run, and another 24 yrs of absolute mediocrity.....still a great spectacle in concert.....but creatively, dried up after TTY....
July 25th, 2005 02:42 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
jb wrote:
They had a great 20 yr run, and another 24 yrs of absolute mediocrity.....still a great spectacle in concert.....but creatively, dried up after TTY....

Yep, this is the conclusion I made years ago. Of course one is still hoping a miracle will happen. But we have to be honest. The Stones are a memory. Once they ruled the world and made records that couldn't be touched. Now it is just mediocracy that rules. They haven't got IT anymore. The 3 new songs make it painfully clear. And believe me I am still proud to be a Stones fans because they once made the best music ever made on this planet. But since Tattoo You they have gone a long way down.
July 25th, 2005 02:52 PM
texile the lion speaks.........
would that be van morrison's lion?
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)