ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stadionul Lia Manoliu, Bucuresti, Romania, 17th July 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
17th July 2007 08:03 PM
lotsajizz Stamp out geographical ignorance in our time! It is shameful and Americans are the worst -- but as shown here, by no means the only -- offenders.
17th July 2007 09:22 PM
Blanca Hi there, I've been visiting this forum for a long time and I've finally decided to register too. I'm 22, female and spanish, so if you guys need help with translations i'll be more than happy to help

By the way, there's at least another error in that map: location number 8 couldn't possibly be further from San Sebastian xD
17th July 2007 09:28 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl First of all welcome Blanca!

quote:
Blanca wrote:
So if you guys need help with translations i'll be more than happy to help

I need your help with this: "Bienvenida Blanca, que buena onda tener una Española en el foro, con tan buena onda y tan jóven, espero te la pases muy bien en este foro y recuerda que arriba hay un link con el que te puedes pasar automáticamente a nuestro foro en el lenguage de Cervantes"
17th July 2007 09:30 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Another thing Blanca, if you need help with the hosting of your avatars please mail me at [email protected] and I will host them for you as instead of the images a couple of cute frogs are shown instead
17th July 2007 09:43 PM
LadyJane Welcome Blanca.
Your avatar is fabulous.

LJ.

Voodoo..you lil scamp!
17th July 2007 09:58 PM
Blanca Thanks LadyJane!

Muchisimas gracias por esa bienvenida jeje
I'm already registered in the forum in spanish with the same nick, but I don't post very often.
About the images I uploaded, I'm using photobucket now instead of imageshack and it works! Anyway thanks for offering your help with that!

17th July 2007 10:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Blanca wrote:
I'm already registered in the forum in spanish with the same nick

17th July 2007 10:11 PM
Blanca
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

hahaha it's ok, I don't post there very often
17th July 2007 10:19 PM
GotToRollMe Welcome Blanca. Wicked avatar!
17th July 2007 10:59 PM
GotToRollMe A few more of Mick from Getty Images:

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
17th July 2007 11:30 PM
Thru and Thru Welcome Blanca, I love your avatar! Here I am still trying to figure out how to post a picture along with my signature!!! LOL

I LOVE that Bucharest picture of Keith, he's back at last!
18th July 2007 12:21 AM
erikjjf
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Interesting location for the Isle of Wight! Its that tiny island just below the red line on the south coast of England but seems to have moved over to the border with Wales....!

San Sebastian also seems to have been moved quite a distance.
18th July 2007 02:06 AM
montana
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Interesting location for the Isle of Wight! Its that tiny island just below the red line on the south coast of England but seems to have moved over to the border with Wales....!

yes, and san sebastian in spain has changed location either, instead of being, as it used to be in the north, now it is in the middle of spain, below madrid? MY GOD! this people is REALLY informed!
18th July 2007 02:54 AM
Straycat87 And, according to what they wrote in the newspaper, Woody is now the Bass player ; no more Darryl then : so, who's the imposter on the pic, close to Jo ?
18th July 2007 03:48 AM
FotiniD Welcome Blanca and may I join the others and say, love your avatar and signature
18th July 2007 04:13 AM
Jeep Romanian TV video reports :

http://www.realitatea.net/playlive2.php?file=/media/video/video_001_00076365_1184729550_00.flv&titlulive=Fragmente%20din%20concertul%20trupei

http://www.protv.ro/filme/60-000-de-oameni-tinuti-in-extaz-de-trupa-the-rolling-stones.html?id_file=24887#24887
18th July 2007 05:46 AM
Jeep .

[Edited by Jeep]
18th July 2007 06:16 AM
montana more pix but with watermark (sucks!)

http://www.cotidianul.ro/index.php?...Hash=90b8bf3a90
18th July 2007 07:44 AM
Jeep
quote:
montana wrote:
more pix but with watermark (sucks!)

http://www.cotidianul.ro/index.php?...Hash=90b8bf3a90

18th July 2007 07:55 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL seems that Mick finally found the real Joey!!
18th July 2007 08:27 AM
Gazza Very extreme heat at this show yesterday apparently. Romania was hit by a heatwave a couple of days ago, with the temperature yesterday hitting 40 in the shade.

Two people died on the streets because of it and lots of fans were collapsing with the heat all over the stadium.
18th July 2007 08:44 AM
FotiniD Fantastic photos posted by Monitor_R over at IORR and I couldn't resist the temptation of reposting this one:

18th July 2007 10:20 AM
KeithRichards Hey guys,

Sorry to Gazza, it was hard texting in the setlist yesterday, it was really packed where I was and everyone was shouting and cheering.

Some words have already been said about the heat and how bad it is that there was not enough water. Well, I have to add that some people were also simply stupid. With temps of around 40 and 5 hours to go till the Stones it's simply not a good idea to get shitfaced in the open sun. And yet this is what many did. Drinking masses of beer and then collapsing, no wonder... Today it's even hotter, by the way - almost unbearable.

After the first 4 songs I wrote that it is the best gig I have ever seen. For the first 4 songs this was true. The sounds was perfect, the playing very good, the crowd enthusiastic. The guitars were really raw and rough, the playing very tight and they obviously had fun playing. Some mistakes again, of course (beginning of LSTNT, parts of Rocks Off) but not as noticeable as in Belgrade.

But well, the first part of the show is the best one and it was a bit of a letdown for me to me when I realize we would get the 18 song setlist. About the setlist - I don't understand why they couldn't put in another ballad-warhorse before YCAGWYW? Wild Horses or Angie would work perfect. Or Streets Of Love, anything, basically. I feel that they always lose the crowd a bit on YCAGWYW, towards the end anyway and Ronnie has decided that he rather jumps around strangling the guitar instead of playing a nice solo. Let's put CYHMK at that spot again...

And they definitely should change the numbers on the b-stage around a bit. I'm not asking for a lot, but come on guys...And I seriously would want to have a show without Sympathy (it is far too long, far too boring without proper guitars) and Brown Sugar (as Keith is totally unable to start the song).

On the postitive side: Rambler, Paint it Black, Rough Justice, Silver,IORR, Rocks Off, SMU, LSTNT, JJF were just excellent. Really loved it!

And I know that Ronnie loves the crowd, but I'd rather have him playing the guitar. Hopefully he is not falling back into his Licks Tour behaviour. Wow, that's a lot of moaning now, no wonder - it is so incredibly hot here, that has some influence on the mood.

Btw, the crowd there was absolutely wild and especially loved the warhorses. Wished for a second I was a Stones virgin again.
18th July 2007 10:47 AM
gimmekeef "The crowd especially loved the warhorses...".....Thats why they playem folks...specially in cities they havent played before or havent in ages...Imagine the crowds reaction if they got rareties instead of the last few warhorses?.....We'd be thrilled but most would feel let down....Thats the way it is....
18th July 2007 12:39 PM
Saint Sway Blanca,

your avatar RULES!!!!
18th July 2007 02:26 PM
Jeep A 4 minutes video report with some excellent amateur footage :

http://www.protv.ro/filme/delir-noaptea-trecuta-pe-stadionul-lia-manoliu.html?id_file=24926#24926
18th July 2007 05:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
KeithRichards wrote:
Hey guys,

Sorry to Gazza, it was hard texting in the setlist yesterday, it was really packed where I was and everyone was shouting and cheering.

Dont be daft, Lorenz. You did just fine. Thanks again.
18th July 2007 10:29 PM
GotToRollMe No kidding, Lorenz, you did a great job. Thanks!
18th July 2007 10:33 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Fantastic photos posted by Monitor_R over at IORR and I couldn't resist the temptation of reposting this one:

Woah, Fotini! Tremendous pics!
[Edited by GotToRollMe]
19th July 2007 02:30 AM
pet photos gallery:

http://www.rockxpress.ro/galerii/ro...lingstones.html

[Edited by pet]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)