ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Bravo Magazine - Germany 1982 with thanks to TT aka TooTough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Van Halen off the Wagon (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
8th July 2004 10:58 PM
glencar How idiotic!
9th July 2004 03:00 AM
UGot2Rollme
quote:
Martha wrote:
He had a what appeared to be grape juice that he kept drinking from sitting on the drum riser.

I think Eddie likes the fermented-type grape juice these days. Anyway, sounds like he was pretty much "on" for the show, which is good news. I don't know if I could have stopped laughing at Hagar being all dressed in yellow - I know he's put on some weight, maybe that's his "poundcake" look.

Thanks for the detailed review, Martha!
9th July 2004 09:29 AM
Larry Dallas Martha,

The best I can do so far is getting into the park an hour before the public. My friend is a season ticket holder and they're letting them in an hour before everyone else in a VIP type move. I'm pretty sure that we'll be getting in with him.

9th July 2004 10:11 AM
Martha
quote:
Larry Dallas wrote:
Martha,

The best I can do so far is getting into the park an hour before the public. My friend is a season ticket holder and they're letting them in an hour before everyone else in a VIP type move. I'm pretty sure that we'll be getting in with him.

We got to figure a way to meet at the show then right? We won't be able to get in until doors open at 5:30. Plan to be there for that. TMR will be with us. Have you been inside this place before?

I forgot to mention that Eddie had and used a drill to play his guitar during certain moments. Remember that Larry D? It was red with white stripes all over it that matches his one guitar....and I guess his signature tennis shoes. The show was great as was Eddie. He can still play those leads like water running off a duck's back.

I think the reason this show didn't tear my head off (I am now realizing) had something to do with the sound in that venue being so muddy. The Schott is a big giant concrete nightmare. Did any of you see the Stones there on April 3, 1999?

We were on the Eddie side of the stage which helped but still Icould not see or hear as well as I'd like in terms of focusing in directly on Eddie's playing like a laser beam. I also had to wear ear protection or I most certainly would be deaf right now. And that always surpresses my ability to "go in" to the music and get my kicks.

I would see the show again. Preferably from the 5th row dead center.

Long Live the King!
9th July 2004 01:17 PM
Larry Dallas The sound was pretty bad in Louisville as well. I think it's a problem that they need to address. It seems like a lot of fans have said the same things at various venues.

I just got my Dylan/Willie tix about an hour ago, so I'll be there. I can't wait. I've never seen Dylan, but I've seen Willie a few times. My fiance and I named our dog after Willie. I hope he's not offended by that.
9th July 2004 01:36 PM
Martha
quote:
Larry Dallas wrote:
The sound was pretty bad in Louisville as well. I think it's a problem that they need to address. It seems like a lot of fans have said the same things at various venues.

I just got my Dylan/Willie tix about an hour ago, so I'll be there. I can't wait. I've never seen Dylan, but I've seen Willie a few times. My fiance and I named our dog after Willie. I hope he's not offended by that.

An HOUR ago??????????????????????????? Is that part of those VIP perks? They are giving me no quarter at TX bastard.

Your dog must be proud of his name. I'm certain of that! ;-)

Thanks for the update on the poor sound quality at the VH shows. I heard that about the Cleveland show too. I'll have that one in my hands soon btw, thanks to TMR. He keeps on ridin'! LMK if you want it and I'll make sure you get a copy.

peace out,
Maaaaaartha
10th July 2004 12:28 AM
steel wls I saw them in NJ 2 weeks ago and loved it.
10th July 2004 03:46 AM
gypsy I was reading one of the tabloids today in the supermarket, and it said that Eddie and Valerie had gotten back together for the sake of their son Wolfgang. Don't know if it's true or not...as it is a tabloid.
12th July 2004 09:48 AM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I was reading one of the tabloids today in the supermarket, and it said that Eddie and Valerie had gotten back together for the sake of their son Wolfgang. Don't know if it's true or not...as it is a tabloid.

Thanks So Much Gypsy .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJERKY !
Page: 1 2 3