ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Bravo Magazine - Germany 1982 with thanks to TT aka TooTough
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Van Halen off the Wagon (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
5th July 2004 04:45 AM
UGot2Rollme from the news wires...

Rock star Eddie Van Halen caused a scene last week by taking alcohol into an exclusive restaurant and blessing two diners with mineral water.

The "I'm The One" musician, 47, was with his band in Boston, Massachusetts - where they are currently touring - when he wandered into the Newbury Street eatery with a bottle of wine, which the management promptly confiscated.

A few nights later Van Halen returned and went over to a table where two young diners were eating their meal.

The flamboyant guitarist stuck his fingers in their glasses and blessed them with the water - before stumbling out.

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2004
5th July 2004 06:25 AM
Jumping Jack Pebbles must have had another bad hair day. What a fool!
5th July 2004 09:02 AM
crb69 I saw them perform a few weeks ago in NJ and Eddie looked a little under the weather. The 3rd song, Humans Being (from Twister) was very shakey. He screwed it up to say the least. Granted it's got some hard solos in it but HE Wrote it! I thought he might have been drunk. Well now we know. I don't care if he drinks but don't f*ck up your tunes at $90 a ticket man! KID ROCK was a better show!!!!
5th July 2004 11:19 AM
Martha Shit....I don't want to hear fucked-up guitar solos from Eddie.

Crap.

We've got tickets to see VH on Wednesday. I hope it won't be a disappointing show.

Thanks for posting the inside skinny. Sorry to hear he's boozin' it up and acting like an asshole. Isn't this band famous for that????

Ok...I might as well....JUMP!
5th July 2004 11:56 AM
Gimme Shelter I'm still pised that their not touring with David Lee Roth, now this. Anyway, I'll be seeing them in August.
5th July 2004 01:04 PM
Tom
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I'm still pised that their not touring with David Lee Roth, now this. Anyway, I'll be seeing them in August.

Check this out

Lee Roth Replaces Tyler on Boston Pops Bill

Former Van Halen star David Lee Roth has stepped in to replace sick Aerosmith front man Steven Tyler at this year's Boston Pops July The Fourth Celebration in Massachusetts.

Tyler was forced to pull the plug on the orchestral collaboration when he was struck down with laryngitis while he was touring with the rockers Cheap Trick.

Lee Roth will perform his hits "Jump" and "California Girls" with the world famous orchestra.

The concert will be broadcast across the country on Sunday night.

Photo Copyright Getty Images
5th July 2004 02:50 PM
ResidentMule also saw them a few weeks ago. a couple small fuckups, but how much can you hold it against him? most of these songs he hasn't played in at least 10 years
I heard a lot less fuck ups out of Van Halen than I did from the Stones on the Licks tour, and of course I still love the Stones
5th July 2004 04:24 PM
glencar Too bad about the reboozing Mr. VH. Hope he gets it together.
6th July 2004 01:10 AM
corgi37 Now, i love you Yanks. You all know that. But, bloody hell, WHO CARES????????

Why didnt the diners in the restaurant just deck VH?
Is David Lee Roth a last resort or what?
Actually, him and Tyler are probably the lowest prostitutes in rock music.

They arent just faded - their bone white!

P.S. Wow, i love that last line. I'm going to write a song with that line in it.
6th July 2004 01:38 AM
gypsy Yeah, but just make sure you use "they're" instead of "their," or it's detention for you.

DLR looks scary. I had such a huge crush on him as a little girl...
6th July 2004 01:10 PM
Some Guy Some F-ed up shit going down on this lame assed tour. The new songs suck, new album sales suck, ticket sales suck. Not even Diamond Dave could save this ship.
6th July 2004 02:16 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

DLR looks scary. I had such a huge crush on him as a little girl...

I believe DLR is gay ...................

.........just a hunch .

Bercee
6th July 2004 02:25 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Some F-ed up shit going down on this lame assed tour. The new songs suck, new album sales suck, ticket sales suck. Not even Diamond Dave could save this ship.

This mayvery well happen if the Stones tour again.
6th July 2004 03:03 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Some F-ed up shit going down on this lame assed tour. The new songs suck, new album sales suck, ticket sales suck. Not even Bill Wyman or Mick Taylor could save this ship.

6th July 2004 03:44 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:

Brutality!
6th July 2004 05:34 PM
Martha I suspected ticket sales were not going well for VH. Can anyone post more info on that specifically? Thanks in advance jb! LOL

I see VH tomorrow.
6th July 2004 05:54 PM
not bound to please

The profound lack of taste by numerous members of this board disturbs me greatly.

6th July 2004 05:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
not bound to please wrote:
The profound lack of taste by numerous members of this board disturbs me greatly.

????? Can you be more specific? Or provide an example or 2?
6th July 2004 08:32 PM
glencar Examples are all around. Don't bother searching.
6th July 2004 08:40 PM
corgi37 When it's over, it's over. Nothing can stop the slide. VH should have called it quits after Sammy left. That ridiculous VH3 version of the band (which they had the temerity to tour Oz with) should have been the flashing red light warning of "Let's turn our minds to gardening".
6th July 2004 08:47 PM
glencar No shit. Th eold bands are folding up by now. VH had ample warning.
6th July 2004 10:33 PM
BILL PERKS ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS TAKE BACK DAVE AND THEY WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM SELLING ARENAS.DAVE MAY LOOK RIDICULOUS BUT HE STILL CAN SING AND THEIR SET WOULD BE INCREDIBLE.THE VAN HALEN BROS ARE SOME TRULY FUCKED UP INDIVIDUALS AND HAVE TOTALLY RUINED THE LEGEND OF VH.
6th July 2004 10:34 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:

PLEASE SPEAK A FEW

6th July 2004 10:48 PM
beer
quote:

Fuck You. Get a life.
6th July 2004 11:00 PM
gypsy You said it, beer.
Why can't you just be nice, Not Bound? I mean, I know you're witty, intelligent, and probably a cool person to hang around. But you post some rude shit sometimes. I hope I don't knock anyone else's opinions around here or hurt their feelings like I see you do a lot lately. I see stupid posts, I've posted stupid posts.
I still like you, and think you'd be cool to meet in person someday when we all do actually meet for next year's tour.
7th July 2004 10:26 AM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I still like you, and think you'd be cool to meet in person someday when we all do actually meet for next year's tour.

I remember being richer than a king
The minutes of the day were golden
I recall that when the joint passed round
My body felt a little colder
But now I'm like a sewer channel - running lime and scag
Let me get at the master panel - let me at my stack .

The sea refuses no river
And right now this river's banks are blown
The sea refuses no river
Whether stinking and rank
Or red from the tank
Whether pure as a spring
There's no damned thing stops the poem
The sea refuses no river
And this river is homeward flowing .................

Thank You

Jacky T.
7th July 2004 10:37 AM
jb I am still here for you gypsy.....
7th July 2004 11:00 AM
Joey

7th July 2004 11:09 AM
not bound to please
quote:
beer wrote:

Fuck You. Get a life.

Great post!

7th July 2004 11:43 AM
Some Guy
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS TAKE BACK DAVE AND THEY WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM SELLING ARENAS.DAVE MAY LOOK RIDICULOUS BUT HE STILL CAN SING AND THEIR SET WOULD BE INCREDIBLE.THE VAN HALEN BROS ARE SOME TRULY FUCKED UP INDIVIDUALS AND HAVE TOTALLY RUINED THE LEGEND OF VH.

TRUE DAT!
Page: 1 2 3