ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Con Robert Cray en La Cartuja, Sevilla, España - 17 de Octubre de 1991
Festival "Leyendas de la Guitarra"
© 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Olympia, Paris - 11th July - Setist, Pix & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
07-13-03 01:41 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Whats this talk about songs with "multiple endings" ?

Mick thought the song was finished (at the normal endings as we know them) and then either Charlie or Keith started again/continued, so Mick had to improvise suddenly with some more lines or screams. He didn't like that, probally because of the filming going on. They also did that a few times at Bercy (Keef and Charlie on Happy), in Stade de France twice I think and in Olympia 3 or 4 times. Mick thought that was enough, he didn't want a new habit to kick in I guess . He said; "No more double endings".
07-13-03 03:05 PM
Monkey Woman Oh yes, Charlie talked! Mick held the mike to him and he said something like "I would like to sing..." and added "thank you Paris" less loudly. And I noticed that he looked very happy and relaxed throughout the show. He was obviously enjoying himself. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that the sound is better in a theater, so he had no troubles to hear what they were playing. Last week, in an interview with french newspaper Liberation, Charlie complained that the toughest thing for him was to hear himself during a concert, especially in the big stadiums, which are not built for music appreciation, obviously...
07-13-03 05:31 PM
Moonisup the sound in olympia can only be despribed as heaven, as mathijs sad, you have to feel it inyour guts, soooooooooo good, loud, and WOWWWWWWWw
07-13-03 06:15 PM
Angiegirl This picture (thanx Hendrik) is taken on Friday around 11.30 am, 30 minutes after I got my ticket and wristband. You can still see my queue-number (09) on my wrist, lol. Not to mention my exhausted face. The other people are from the Dutch mailinglist Dirty Work and other friends.

07-13-03 06:20 PM
Moonisup what I liked most was

when Mick sung sooooooo high on worried about you that you saw Charlie looking at mick with a great smile on his face.
07-13-03 06:26 PM
Angiegirl Charlie was wishing he could sing that high, but Mick wouldn't let him.
07-14-03 07:45 AM
TomL This would be a great boot to have. What a great set list. Lucky Paris.
07-14-03 08:09 AM
Zeeta Good work people!

Imagine how good the Astoria will be then!!

I can see the headline now:

"Estranged Guitarist Mick Taylor Rejoins the Stones in Belated Landmark Homecoming London Gig"

"Ronald 'what the fuck should I do' Wood was forced to watch from the audience"

07-14-03 04:10 PM
Moonisup I see me on that photo
07-14-03 04:10 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
This picture (thanx Hendrik) is taken on Friday around 11.30 am,

Whahaha, great pic!
Page: 1 2 3