ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Con Robert Cray en La Cartuja, Sevilla, España - 17 de Octubre de 1991
Festival "Leyendas de la Guitarra"
© 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Olympia, Paris - 11th July - Setist, Pix & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
07-11-03 11:47 PM
littleredrooster GREAT set list!!!

But LOVE TRAIN STILL SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Don;t get me wrong, I'm 'Happy'!!!!

LOVE TRAIN SUCKS!!!!!
07-12-03 12:34 AM
J.J.Flash Brilliant, except for some "details" to me, not so simple, like how could be the best setlist without Midnight Rambler.......
07-12-03 04:28 AM
Jacques Hi
I could not go to Olympia. But Matthieu from Le Club Des Stones sympathyforthedevils.com told me this night :
GENIAL !!!! A great setlist.
They probably filmed for a future part of an official DVD.
07-12-03 05:17 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Awesome setlist, best show I have ever seen!!
Live with me and Hand of fate sucked big time, but the rest was so fucking great...tears in my eyes during That's how strong and Nearness.

Gazza: sorry I did not text the setlist, but I could not remember all the songs after the show.
07-12-03 05:18 AM
Moonisup tough start yesterday,

HOF was really not that good, live with me either

but AFTER those songs, the first 4, I think,

it was wild,

Ronnie, hmmmmmmm Ronnie, WHERE WAS HE???

just b4 No expectations, he looked sooooo weird at his guitar.
But HEY, 22 songs, with 16-18 GREAT, keith was on fire, took over the ronnie solo in neighbours, cos ronnie was not there,

and it was uhm a bit hot, but when I look at the list, 6 HITS and the rest'unknown' I think WOW

THSMLI was sooooooo good, the absolute highlight!

rik
07-12-03 05:54 AM
Moonisup
quote:
T&A wrote:
i'm banking on no surprises tonight - better to have low expectations, I think....

yeah no surprises at all!!!

LLOLOLOLOL
07-12-03 06:03 AM
Angiegirl Ya know what was the biggest surprise? Me getting a ticket and wristband for Olympia at 11 am!!!

Angiegirl in heaven
07-12-03 06:04 AM
montana wow angie!!!!! CONGRATSSSS must have been GREAT!!!!
07-12-03 06:15 AM
Angiegirl O yeh, it was, but it's very hot here in the internet cafe in Paris, so I'll tell it tonight when I get home.

YYYIIIIIIIIHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by Angiegirl]
07-12-03 06:18 AM
marko This is the RIGHT set list!but i´m sure,copenhagen&helsinki
WILL get that idiotic 19 songs!
07-12-03 08:10 AM
padre The Helsinki show will kick off with LARS and tear into Angie after that...
07-12-03 09:15 AM
steel driving hammer This setlist is the best one of the entire tour.

Prolly the best setlist since 1976 or 81-82.
07-12-03 10:03 AM
Sir Stonesalot >This setlist is the best one of the entire tour.<

As our retarded President once said, "That is an impossimabilitry."

No Midnight Rambler, no CYHMK. Can't be the best setlist without those songs.

There was nothing new, no new lick added to the tally for the tour.

Don't get me wrong, it looks like it was a fantastic show...and I would have given my left nut to be there...but I do not see this as the best setlist of the tour.

I saw the best setlist of the tour at Roseland. Monkey Man, Midnight Rambler and CYHMK, back to back to back....SHE SMILED SWEETLY, a rip snortin' HOF, and all the soul songs like That's How Strong and Everybody Needs Somebody...

And besides, Sirmoonie & I were at Roseland...so that automatically makes it one for the ages.
07-12-03 10:25 AM
Gazza As far as setlists for club shows go, theres no real surprises other than the fact that at 22 songs it was a very long show,and that in itself is the biggest surprise of all. I hope thats a sign of things to come,although I doubt it. Presumably the extra songs were played simply because the show was being filmed?

Whats this talk about songs with "multiple endings" ?
07-12-03 10:53 AM
steel driving hammer Krone has mulitple endings, only 2 though.

THSMLI and CTYL.
07-12-03 11:41 AM
padre I think it's only logical that Stones play more songs if they drop CYHMK, YCAGWYW and Midnight Rambler from the set and replace them with "normal length"-songs. The set was two hours, just as long as The Stones seem to play on this tour.
In fact for example the July 5th show was two hours and 10 minutes with its 19 songs (including YCAGWYW and Rambler).

It's not about the quantity, but the quality, man!
07-12-03 12:46 PM
sandrew All I can say is, "Ahhhhhh...."
07-12-03 01:25 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Exactly Sir, damn right man, exactly what I said!
Regards!
Jack Flash from Brazil!
07-12-03 02:35 PM
Monkey Woman There WAS a new lick, and a good one: Respectable!
07-12-03 03:20 PM
midnightmagic Ya know they film every fuckin show, I mean come on where is the stuff (dvd's) fromt he past? They filmed the Aragon, Roseland, etc. It is not the best setlist, but it is a lot better. They got off there arses and stepped it up a bit. Still need to drop HTW and giver her a break.
07-12-03 03:41 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

what a load of crap, I have been in France for a week, and heard a lot of crap, but this wins it!!!

no new licks? Respectable

haha and well 22 songs from wich 16 are not that well know ah well, jealousy eh
07-12-03 03:57 PM
steel driving hammer
07-12-03 05:06 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I just got home after an awesome week in Paris. Last night, was for sure the best Stones show I've ever seen and probably will see. Worried, That's how strong and Nearness brought tears to my eyes; I'm so glad and so fucking lucky that I could attend the Olympia show. I mean, I was to young to attend the 72 and 76 shows (which were the best in my opinion), but for me they made it up last night.
07-12-03 06:53 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Ehh, four slow songs to start up, but as long as they were chuggin' through "Heartbreaker" (which they absolutely butchered last time), "Rip This Joint", and (finally) "Respectable", I think it's a small price to pay.

I think this deserves a hearty round of TTF.

TTF, you ask?

"Tree This Fucker!"

Oh, and those of you at the show, do tell - someone over at Shidoobee said Charlie spoke, again! This time, apparently saying "I'm gonna sing for you, but they won't let me."

Charlie Watts - hero of the people.

-tSYX --- It's just the nearness of you...
07-12-03 09:59 PM
Sir Stonesalot A load of crap????

Not IMO.

Midnight Rambler is the quintessential live Stones tune. If you don't get that one, no matter how many times you've heard it, you haven't got the best setlist. And same with CYHMK. We've been waiting to get this one in the setlist for DECADES. Now that they are playing it regularly, if it ISN'T in the setlist....you didn't get the best setlist.

Call it crap all you want, but it happens to my opinion.

If you don't like it, kiss my newly hairless scrotum.
07-12-03 11:08 PM
steel driving hammer People don't worry about Ronnie's performance last night.

He just prolly had too many Bananas loaded w/ Potasium.
07-13-03 03:51 AM
Moonisup the main reason we did not get CYHMK was that ronnie was in NO condition to play it

but well, I have heard the Best rambler (IMO) in Bercy on monday, credit to keith for that version
07-13-03 09:22 AM
steel driving hammer From IORR:

"Ronnie was drinking water, and at one point he had a banana. Got to get some energy you know. The way he did "No Expectations" was just beautiful. What's more, I noticed his great playing on "Before They Make Me Run", and after that song Keith walked over and kissed Ronnie on his forehead, kind and gently, so we knew that Keith was happy with it too."
07-13-03 10:32 AM
Moonisup Bjornulf said also that Stade de france was a great show, that man, is blinded by love for the stones, I don't mind but it's important to stay fair, and to stay honest against yourself
07-13-03 10:35 AM
parmeda
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
If you don't like it, kiss my newly hairless scrotum.

...Joey will be sooooo proud!
Page: 1 2 3