ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Fuck you Voodoo, will ya? Missing my birtdhay again???
Happy belated birthday Stu!
© Michael Putland
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ways to stop terrorism, any ideas? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 11th, 2005 01:59 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
Just give everyone a copy of Exile and call it good. Things will fix themselves.

Ah, I wish it was that easy! But Tele is a BIG man, (with all the pluses and minuses this implies) and has promised me both a sincere apology AND two floor seats for a Stones show, and I don't want to rob him of the warm fuzzy feeling that keeping his word will provide for him!

Besides, who among us DOESN'T have a copy of Exile?
July 11th, 2005 02:01 PM
nankerphelge Well that's why I am not Secretary of Defense (yet).
July 11th, 2005 02:05 PM
FPM C10
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Well that's why I am not Secretary of Defense (yet).

Praise be to Allah for small favors.

Hey, have you seen Tele? He was going to give me something.

Last time I saw him Max was giving him his yum yums.
[Edited by FPM C10]
July 11th, 2005 02:43 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The beatitudes are found at Matthew 5: 3-12

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,
for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,
for they shall possess the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for justice,
for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,
for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,
for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they shall be called sons of God.

Blessed are they who suffer persecution for justice sake,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

WTF????

Who the hell wrote THIS pile of liberal claptrap?

Jesus Christ!!! Friggin' tree-hugging pansies.
Thank GOD our President and Commander-in-Chief doesn't buy any of this namby-pamby peacenik shite. He is the complete antithesis of this "blessed are the meek" nonsense.

July 11th, 2005 04:14 PM
pdog
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

WTF????

Who the hell wrote THIS pile of liberal claptrap?

GOD wrote it!
Jesus loves homos, BUT his Dad doesn't...
Jesus was a liberal Jew, not just a liberal. I saw Jesus in the Village last week, he was shooting dope with Pedro. Yup! Bet you didn't know Jesus was Puerto Rican too! Liberal Jew Puerto Rican. The man is full of surprises.
"I am A light-skinned mestiza of the Caribbean."
Jesus July 2005

[Edited by Pedro]
[Edited by pdog]
July 11th, 2005 04:22 PM
FPM C10
quote:
pdog wrote:

GOD wrote it!

Well, now this thread is starting to get somewhere.

Hey, PDog, have YOU seen Tele? He was here a minute ago but seems to have disappeared.

I bet he want to get me my Stones tickets!

That Tele...he is a peach. Best lapdog a man could ask for, Max tells me. Except for the drool.

Makes me almnost sorry I called him a cocksucker.
July 11th, 2005 05:22 PM
time is on my side
quote:
jb wrote:
It appears that we all agree that terrorism is not going to stop, but disagree on the means to obviate it. Our friends on the right beleieve in pre-emtive strikes and or expanding the war on terror. Our friends on the left feel only through engagement and political means, can we achieve a solution. I trust neither side is naieve enough to think that only "their" way alone will solve the problem.
Looking back, I reluctantly have to say I was wrong about going into Iraq. My initial support was based more on emotion then on the facts. The results, IMO, have been devastating in terms of loss of life,the post war insurgency which was totally miscalculated , and thefact there were no WMD's-the reason we obstensiby went in. Moreover, it appears that Iraq has become a significant training ground for Al-Queda. Saddam was a monster, and I hope he is hung by his feet, but as we found out, no WMD's and Iraq certainly was not a safehaven for AL-Queda before the invasion.
I think we must focus our attention on finishing the job in Afghnastan, capture Bin-laden, infiltrate the sleeper cells throughout the world, amd keep a close on Iran, N. Korea(who did come back to the negotiating table) and Syria.
[Edited by jb]

A surprising well thought out and excellent post from JB. Never thought I would say that. This sums up my beliefs as well.

I would add this. If I thought that there was even a remote chance for a long lasting stable democracy in Iraq then I might be in favor of this war. A stable democracy in this part of the world, IRAQ, would actually over the LONG TERM make the Middle East a safer place in that it could be contrasted with the typical despotic Arab governments that allow little, if any, real freedoms to the people who live there. These countries have long been misruled and misused by it's leaders who allow the majority of their subjects to live in a perpetual cycle of poverty as they enrich themselves with wealth and absolute lust for power.

HOWEVER, it's my sincere belief over the long term (which means more than just a few years from now) AND once the U.S., British troops actually leave, IRAQ will degenerate into civil war among the competing factions. There will be no stable, long term democracy because neither the U.S., the British, nor anybody else can force democracy on anybody. OVER THE LONG TERM, the people themselves have to fight for it. It's my guess that the Iraqi's, much like the South Vietnamese before them, do not have what it takes to stay the course over decades, again, not just a few years. They will face many obstacles that, in the final analyst, they probably will not be able to overcome.

If this is the net result OVER THE LONG TERM, IRAQ becoming just another typical Arab country unable to understand Western style democracy and unwilling to fight for it once the U.S, British have left, then I ask, what was the point??? All of these lives shed during the course of the war will have died in vain.

I believe that there had to be a response to 9/11 and there had to be a fight against terrorism, it's just my belief that IRAQ was the wrong way to go about it.

[Edited by time is on my side]
July 11th, 2005 05:27 PM
Joey

We continue to underestimate the tenacity of the insurgency and overestimate the patience of the American People . ( See : LBJ , circa 1965 - 1969 )

Jacky Cong ! ™
July 11th, 2005 06:17 PM
Dan [quote]telecaster wrote:
As did Saddam paying $25,000 for each PLO suicide bomber in Israel /QUOTE]

Why isn't this Israel's problem to fix then? They sure knew how to take care of a problem when they saw it back in 1981
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)