ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Worst songs Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
12th July 2006 04:55 PM
star star
quote:
the good wrote:
I like Dancin with MR D! And I think Rough Justice is a great opener!

DWMD is great!! taylor rips it apart on the 73 boots though, with his slide licks and tasty soloing!
12th July 2006 05:23 PM
qwer
quote:
texile wrote:

unfortunately, the album track suffers from that same overproduced and slick production of whoever the fuck produced it - but the acoustic version is on being mick, another horrible artifact from jagger's solo ventures.....
this version strips it down to the core and jagger sounds real, like the old mick - i had dismissed the song along with the rest of GITD before i saw this...
too bad most people will only hear the recorded track...
and what about too far gone?
that's the only other good one from gitd -

Oh, you're right!
"Too far gone" is really good!
I was wrong! Seems that I must hear that album one more time.
I didn't hear it since it was released 2001. I was very dissapointed that time!
[Edited by qwer]
12th July 2006 06:00 PM
MidnightRambler I shutter at:

Streets of Love
Rain Fall Down (gag)

Keys To You Love

New Faces
Baby Break It Down (pretty dumb)

Sad Sad Sad
Hold On To Your Hat (iick)

These are easily ones that require the FORWARD button.
12th July 2006 06:20 PM
Egbert
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:

Beggars - Exile were also "contemporary pop," as Guitar driven hard rock was the popular music of the time.

Possibly, but I put those 4 in a class of their own.
12th July 2006 07:07 PM
pduff101
quote:
the good wrote:

You are a moron of biblical proportions. Yes, that is an ad hominem attack.

This is my problem with these message boards. Most of you people have nothing better to do than to argue about a fucking rock band. I appreciate the discussion (all I'm looking for), but I don't appreciate the slander. FUCK OFF
12th July 2006 07:09 PM
pduff101
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Streets of Love, She's so Cold, Fight, Hold Back, Hot Stuff, Fool to Cry, Memory Motel, most of Dirty Work and Undercover.

U're crazy!

No, that's the song --it goes like this:

Now climb up that coconut tree
'Cause we all need some milk and cocaine
Don't write any more good material
Just shake the fans' piggibank
Till U make them bleed

(Chorus):
U're crazy!
U're crazy!
And you're sucking in the noughties!

(*Burps*)

This is my problem with these message boards. Most of you people have nothing better to do than to argue about a fucking rock band. I appreciate the discussion (all I'm looking for), but I don't appreciate the slander. FUCK OFF
12th July 2006 07:12 PM
Gazza
quote:
the good wrote:

I like Dancin with MR D! And I think Rough Justice is a great opener!

I like Rough Justice too, but I wouldnt say its one of their best openers

Dancin With Mr D was excellent and nasty when played live in 1973, but the studio version wouldnt frighten a two year old. Its Ok, but a bit 'leaden footed' to be memorable.
12th July 2006 07:27 PM
pduff101 [quote]Gazza wrote:

I thought the 'lets have another album like Live Licks' comment took some beating, but 'Memory Motel' ???? WTF? One of their top ten ever IMO

pduff1o1:
This is my problem with these message boards. Most of you people have nothing better to do than to argue about a fucking rock band. I appreciate the discussion (all I'm looking for), but I don't appreciate the slander. FYMF

Look pal, the reason why Live Licks is a good live album is this. Most of the Stones live albums before 1990, with the of the exception of "Ya-Ya's," are basically a drunken baboon singing over rock music. The Stones were a mess on tour and it showed in the recordings (Love You Live, etc.). Still Life is pretty good, but Mick's performance rips the tracks to shreds. After this, Flashpoint is outdated and contains such classics as Sad Sad Sad, Can't Be Seen, and Rock and a Hard Place, all from the lame Steel Wheels album. Stripped would be the best, but it's not a live album, they just say it is. No Security is fine, but songs like Flip the Switch and Memory Motel bring it down a touch. Live Licks has good versions of all the standards, along with tracks like Monkey Man, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Rocks Off, Happy, and Keith's The Nearness of You. Yes, the editing is there on Brown Sugar, Happy, Nearness, and especially Rocks Off. Brown Sugar is weak on this album, it's barely noticeable on Happy and Nearness, and even though it's painfully obvious on Rocks Off, it doesn't destroy the song. It's a letdown, but the song still rocks. Plus, like the previous 3, the band is sober and in top form, unlike the 70s and early 80s. While the studio albums have gotten weaker, the live albums have gotten stronger. The dvds are better anyway, so why should it matter? For me, these albums are just filesharing material.
12th July 2006 07:37 PM
Egbert
quote:
pduff101 wrote:
[quote]Gazza wrote:
I thought the 'lets have another album like Live Licks' comment took some beating, but 'Memory Motel' ???? WTF? One of their top ten ever IMO

pduff1o1:
This is my problem with these message boards. Most of you people have nothing better to do than to argue about a fucking rock band. I appreciate the discussion (all I'm looking for), but I don't appreciate the slander. FYMF

pduff101 - if you want to say "FY" to Gazza, there's a certain way to go about it here (FY,WYG?).

[Edited by Egbert]
[Edited by Egbert]
12th July 2006 08:05 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
pduff101 wrote:

This is a message board dedicated to a fucking rock band. That's like going to a Three's Company message board and getting pissy when people argue over whether Cindy Snow was good or bad for the show.
[Edited by Your Cousin Lou]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)