ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Worst songs Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
8th July 2006 01:26 PM
pduff101 What are the worst Stones songs ever made? Here's a few: Streets of Love, She's so Cold, Fight, Hold Back, Hot Stuff, Fool to Cry, Memory Motel, most of Dirty Work and Undercover. What else? Give me some feedback.
8th July 2006 01:51 PM
rolling who Their cover of "Under the Boardwalk" is as bad as the Stones ever got.

"Fool to Cry" and "Hot Stuff" are both awful.
8th July 2006 02:34 PM
Paranoid_Android Flip The Switch from B2B...the worst album opener...a bad song...and we are blessed w/ a live version on No Security.

Also...I know it was early in their career...and bands covered each other constantly...but these kids doing
Da-Doo-Ron-Ron...is so humiliating...by de-facto, it throws them into a catagory w/ Shawn Cassidy...
8th July 2006 02:35 PM
ebmp Memory Motel? Are you crazy??
8th July 2006 03:46 PM
pdog
quote:
pduff101 wrote:
What are the worst Stones songs ever made? Here's a few: Streets of Love, She's so Cold, Fight, Hold Back, Hot Stuff, Fool to Cry, Memory Motel, most of Dirty Work and Undercover. What else? Give me some feedback.

She's so Cold and fight? Are you on glue? Hot Stuff... You have zero street cred. Zero!
8th July 2006 04:13 PM
MrPleasant Streets of Love, She's so Cold, Fight, Hold Back, Hot Stuff, Fool to Cry, Memory Motel, most of Dirty Work and Undercover.

U're crazy!

No, that's the song --it goes like this:

Now climb up that coconut tree
'Cause we all need some milk and cocaine
Don't write any more good material
Just shake the fans' piggibank
Till U make them bleed

(Chorus):
U're crazy!
U're crazy!
And you're sucking in the noughties!

(*Burps*)
8th July 2006 04:16 PM
ebmp I like Fool To Cry too... I know everyone here don't like it, but I think its really good actually

Yes the lyrics are cheesy, but who cares
8th July 2006 04:31 PM
Egbert
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
Flip The Switch from B2B...the worst album opener...a bad song...and we are blessed w/ a live version on No Security.

I like the song itself, but some of the lyrics are very weak (turkey & dressing, shaving kit).

Good energy though, and maybe a better album opener than Yesterday's Papers or Sing This All Together.
8th July 2006 04:51 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves Miss You
Something Happened To Me Yesterday
Hot Stuff
8th July 2006 05:29 PM
Gazza
quote:
pduff101 wrote:
What are the worst Stones songs ever made? Here's a few: Streets of Love, She's so Cold, Fight, Hold Back, Hot Stuff, Fool to Cry, Memory Motel, most of Dirty Work and Undercover. What else? Give me some feedback.

I thought the 'lets have another album like Live Licks' comment took some beating, but 'Memory Motel' ???? WTF? One of their top ten ever IMO

I'm with you on 'Hold Back' however. The only Stones song that doesnt even have a tune.
8th July 2006 05:34 PM
jtorquetti Back to zero
8th July 2006 06:01 PM
Ronnie Richards Back To Zero and Winning Ugly are two of the most horrible songs in history of mankind.

Sweethearts Togheter, Send It To Me and Indian Girl are also disgustingly bad songs.
8th July 2006 06:35 PM
qwer 99% from 1962-1990 were great!
75% from "Voodoo" is crap! (Forgot the name of the songs)
80% from "Bridge" is boring! (I can't even remember all the names)

100% of the last Jagger Solo Album is pure shit!

[Edited by qwer]
8th July 2006 07:19 PM
texile fool to cry? memory motel?
and don't even get my me started on indian girl, their most pointed political song....
these songs are departures not all stones appreciated but they have qualities many love and they have soul.

its all subjective, but the worst should be classified as songswith NO redeeming value...by ANYONE.

anyway you look at it...

try to beat that one.
8th July 2006 07:21 PM
texile
quote:
qwer wrote:
99% from 1962-1990 were great!
75% from "Voodoo" is crap! (Forgot the name of the songs)
80% from "Bridge" is boring! (I can't even remember all the names)

100% of the last Jagger Solo Album is pure shit!

[Edited by qwer]

i disagree with the last bit:
jagger's last solo cd had one of the best songs he's ever done - with or without the stones....
don't call me up.
8th July 2006 07:27 PM
Joey

Anything off of the abysmal " Dirty Work " album .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY
8th July 2006 07:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
qwer wrote:
99% from 1962-1990 were great!

thats about 282 great songs in a catalogue of 288 different songs. Quite a record!
8th July 2006 08:28 PM
mrhipfl I absoutely hate "Might as well get juiced." Terrible shit.
8th July 2006 09:40 PM
Navin Let me say this again:

Memory Motel sounds so much like THE EAGLES to me - right from the first time I heard it (15 years ago)

Many people like it here but it has that unmistakable FM-friendly-70s-ballad sound to it - especially with Keith singing "She got a mind of her own..."

Another fact: Neither Ron Wood nor Keith Richards played guitar on this particular 'Stones' track.
8th July 2006 09:44 PM
ebmp Memory Motel saouds like Springsteen to me. It always reminds me of Incident on 57th Street, which is a good thing
8th July 2006 10:54 PM
Soldatti Memory motel among the worst songs?
You must be drinking bad shit.
8th July 2006 10:58 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I thought the 'lets have another album like Live Licks' comment took some beating, but 'Memory Motel' ???? WTF? One of their top ten ever IMO

I'm with you on 'Hold Back' however. The only Stones song that doesnt even have a tune.

I agree with all that
8th July 2006 11:08 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Navin wrote:
Let me say this again:

Memory Motel sounds so much like THE EAGLES to me - right from the first time I heard it (15 years ago)

Many people like it here but it has that unmistakable FM-friendly-70s-ballad sound to it - especially with Keith singing "She got a mind of her own..."

Another fact: Neither Ron Wood nor Keith Richards played guitar on this particular 'Stones' track.

Well there's part of the problem...you first heard Memory Motel 15 years ago?...I'm sure you were much more preoccupied with other artists at that time

9th July 2006 12:08 AM
pduff101
quote:
pdog wrote:

She's so Cold and fight? Are you on glue? Hot Stuff... You have zero street cred. Zero!

"She's so cold, like an ice cream cone... Are you fucking kidding me? complete dogshit. Hot Stuff is straight up dis#@ and that's sacrelige. Whoever put Flip the Switch, thank you.
9th July 2006 12:10 AM
pduff101
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Streets of Love, She's so Cold, Fight, Hold Back, Hot Stuff, Fool to Cry, Memory Motel, most of Dirty Work and Undercover.

U're crazy!

No, that's the song --it goes like this:

Now climb up that coconut tree
'Cause we all need some milk and cocaine
Don't write any more good material
Just shake the fans' piggibank
Till U make them bleed

(Chorus):
U're crazy!
U're crazy!
And you're sucking in the noughties!

I can't fathom why you like these songs. Tell me some you don't like and I'll start an internet war.

(*Burps*)

9th July 2006 03:21 AM
Altamont Yeah, their covers of 'Under the boardwalk' and 'My Girl' are horrible. Same with most of side one of Klein's 'Metamorphosis' and most of that shit album they put out in 1986.
9th July 2006 11:38 AM
gimmekeef Indian Girl..by a landslide....only Stones that truly makes me cringe....
9th July 2006 12:18 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
texile wrote:

jagger's last solo cd had one of the best songs he's ever done - with or without the stones....
don't call me up.

Blue is better. THe fact that that song wasnt even on that damn record makes me hate GITD even more.
9th July 2006 04:32 PM
BILL PERKS FOOL TO CRY
LETS SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER
BABY BREAK IT DOWN
BACK OF MY HAND
CANT BE SEEN
9th July 2006 05:33 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
FOOL TO CRY
LETS SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER
BABY BREAK IT DOWN
BACK OF MY HAND
CANT BE SEEN

Perks ..........................

I do not particularly care for your avatar .
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)