ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Worst songs Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
9th July 2006 07:53 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
Flip The Switch from B2B...the worst album opener...a bad song...and we are blessed w/ a live version on No Security.

Also...I know it was early in their career...and bands covered each other constantly...but these kids doing
Da-Doo-Ron-Ron...is so humiliating...by de-facto, it throws them into a catagory w/ Shawn Cassidy...

Not only is Flip The Switch not one of the worst, it might be one of the BEST openers. Totally underrated, totally awesome, from an underrated and awesome album.
9th July 2006 07:56 PM
qwer
quote:
texile wrote:

i disagree with the last bit:
jagger's last solo cd had one of the best songs he's ever done - with or without the stones....
don't call me up.

OK - tomorrow I'll check it out one more time!
9th July 2006 08:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Not only is Flip The Switch not one of the worst, it might be one of the BEST openers. Totally underrated, totally awesome, from an underrated and awesome album.

agreed to all of that...and as far as openers go, it sure as hell blows away Dancin with Mr D, Sad Sad Sad, Rough Justice, Mothers Little Helper, Yesterdays Papers and especially Sing This Shite All Together to name but a few.
9th July 2006 08:17 PM
qwer
quote:
Gazza wrote:

thats about 282 great songs in a catalogue of 288 different songs. Quite a record!

Yes indeed!
It seems they invested much more energie for making records until 1990.
After that, they only did records as a reason to go on tour!
In the old days they could sing a telefonbook and it would have had much more energie than much of the younger albums!

Dirty Work was powerful! Absolutely a great rough album! Some songs in the 70/80ties (listed in the other postings above) seem simple and easyly done - but the energie, the feeling and and cool point of view made them always sound fine!

The last 15 years we had great songs -full of energie- too, but not sooo many powerful songs on every album as before! Now there are much more "fillers" on the albums as before!

It hurts me to say so! But I must!
[Edited by qwer]
9th July 2006 09:59 PM
texile
quote:
qwer wrote:

OK - tomorrow I'll check it out one more time!

the acoustic version from jagger's shitty being mick monstrosity is the real gem -
the recorded track is slick and overproduced....
but its a great song.

im still waiting for someone to defend anyway you look at it...
9th July 2006 10:38 PM
Navin
Oh no, I have mostly been an "exclusive" Stones fan - keeping to only Stones and Solo Stones - right from age 13 or 14 (and hardly anything before or after) ...and at that time in 1991, still 18 years of age...believe it or not, it was hard to find many of the Stones and Solo Stones albums back then.
9th July 2006 10:44 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Navin wrote:
Let me say this again:

Memory Motel sounds so much like THE EAGLES to me - right from the first time I heard it (15 years ago)

Many people like it here but it has that unmistakable FM-friendly-70s-ballad sound to it - especially with Keith singing "She got a mind of her own..."

Another fact: Neither Ron Wood nor Keith Richards played guitar on this particular 'Stones' track.

I have a mind of my own - and I use it well.

Therefore I think you're a bloody idiot.

[Edited by not bound to please]
9th July 2006 10:47 PM
not bound to please
quote:
texile wrote:

i disagree with the last bit:
jagger's last solo cd had one of the best songs he's ever done - with or without the stones....
don't call me up.

I think it's called "Don't tear me up" but you are right - one of his best solo performances, along with Memo from Turner.
9th July 2006 11:47 PM
Navin
Thanks for all the compliments,

it took many days, maybe months, even years

...but I made it to the prestigious 'Idiot List' at last !!
10th July 2006 12:29 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Navin wrote:

Thanks for all the compliments,

it took many days, maybe months, even years

...but I made it to the prestigious 'Idiot List' at last !!

I was an original memeber of the top ten - so sod off newbie!
10th July 2006 04:26 AM
Zack
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

I think it's called "Don't tear me up" but you are right - one of his best solo performances, along with Memo from Turner.

I think there are both a Don't Tear Me Up (Wandering Spirit) AND Don't Call Me Up (Dogshit in the Doorway)if I recollect corrrectly. Not bad tunes either.
10th July 2006 08:43 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
pduff101 wrote:
What are the worst Stones songs ever made? Here's a few: Streets of Love, She's so Cold, Fight, Hold Back, Hot Stuff, Fool to Cry, Memory Motel, most of Dirty Work and Undercover. What else? Give me some feedback.

she's so cold a bad song??
it rocked the casbah on stage in 1981.

Hot Stuff??
brilliant solo and riff.

Fool to cry, Memory motel??
2 nice ballads, less embarrasing than Angie.

Streets of love..oh there s no doubt about this one!!
check the awful video !!
10th July 2006 11:50 AM
the good
quote:
pduff101 wrote:
What are the worst Stones songs ever made? Here's a few: Streets of Love, She's so Cold, Fight, Hold Back, Hot Stuff, Fool to Cry, Memory Motel, most of Dirty Work and Undercover. What else? Give me some feedback.

You are a moron of biblical proportions. Yes, that is an ad hominem attack.
10th July 2006 11:59 AM
the good
quote:
Gazza wrote:

agreed to all of that...and as far as openers go, it sure as hell blows away Dancin with Mr D, Sad Sad Sad, Rough Justice, Mothers Little Helper, Yesterdays Papers and especially Sing This Shite All Together to name but a few.

I like Dancin with MR D! And I think Rough Justice is a great opener!
10th July 2006 09:21 PM
qwer
quote:
texile wrote:

the acoustic version from jagger's shitty being mick monstrosity is the real gem -
the recorded track is slick and overproduced....
but its a great song.

im still waiting for someone to defend anyway you look at it...

I've checked out now!
The album track is boring! And I don't know that acoustic track you're talking about! Where can I find it?
The first 3 solo-albums I liked very much!
But "Godess in the doorway" was really bad!

When they did solo-stuff - it seems they wasted too much good ideas. They were lost when they recorded Voodoo lounge!
Only a few good songs remained!

11th July 2006 03:32 PM
nanker pelge everything after some girls has big suck factor attached to it. the best stones albums after some girls were Keiths solo efforts
11th July 2006 03:34 PM
Joey
quote:
nanker pelge wrote:
everything after some girls has big suck factor attached to it. the best stones albums after some girls were Keiths solo efforts

Nanky ?!?!

11th July 2006 03:37 PM
Egbert Can You Hear The Music
Short & Curlies
Wanna Hold You
Hold Back
Back To Zero
Blinded By Love
Most of Voodoo Lounge
11th July 2006 03:42 PM
Some Guy She's So Cold is hot.
11th July 2006 04:33 PM
MrPleasant Like A Rolling Stone.
11th July 2006 07:14 PM
texile
quote:
qwer wrote:

I've checked out now!
The album track is boring! And I don't know that acoustic track you're talking about! Where can I find it?

When they did solo-stuff - it seems they wasted too much good ideas. They were lost when they recorded Voodoo lounge!

unfortunately, the album track suffers from that same overproduced and slick production of whoever the fuck produced it - but the acoustic version is on being mick, another horrible artifact from jagger's solo ventures.....
this version strips it down to the core and jagger sounds real, like the old mick - i had dismissed the song along with the rest of GITD before i saw this...
too bad most people will only hear the recorded track...
and what about too far gone?
that's the only other good one from gitd -

11th July 2006 07:15 PM
texile
quote:
qwer wrote:

I've checked out now!

unfortunately, the album track suffers from that same overproduced and slick production of whoever the fuck produced it - but the acoustic version is on being mick, another horrible artifact from jagger's solo ventures.....
this version strips it down to the core and jagger sounds real, like the old mick - i had dismissed the song along with the rest of GITD before i saw this...
too bad most people will only hear the recorded track...
and what about too far gone?
that's the only other good one from gitd -

11th July 2006 09:39 PM
Soldatti Nobody said Neocon.
11th July 2006 09:51 PM
Bloozehound everything on ABB 'cept RJ and maybe BOMH, which sounded so out of place right in the middle of a contemporary pop album it was mind boggling
11th July 2006 10:37 PM
Egbert
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
everything on ABB 'cept RJ and maybe BOMH, which sounded so out of place right in the middle of a contemporary pop album it was mind boggling

You must be very disappointed with the Stones' entire post-Exile output (and much pre-Beggars stuff as well) since each release has "contemporary pop" elements in them.
12th July 2006 02:50 AM
The_Worst "Back To Zero" is the worse song in the Stones catalog bar none. This shouldn't even be up for debate. Milli-Vanilli would be embarrassed with that track!!!
12th July 2006 01:52 PM
Twostoned I have a particular disliking to Start Me Up
12th July 2006 02:16 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
Egbert wrote:

You must be very disappointed with the Stones' entire post-Exile output (and much pre-Beggars stuff as well) since each release has "contemporary pop" elements in them.

Beggars - Exile were also "contemporary pop," as Guitar driven hard rock was the popular music of the time.
12th July 2006 02:19 PM
ebmp
quote:
Twostoned wrote:
I have a particular disliking to Start Me Up

Because it's overplayed, not because it's a bad song

It's an awesome song,especially live
12th July 2006 02:26 PM
texile
quote:
Twostoned wrote:
I have a particular disliking to Start Me Up

overrated and overplayed....
and the lyrics are stupid,
but then again, i love she's so cold....
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)