ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is it over? Is this the end? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
26th June 2007 12:50 PM
thefan I just heard a brutal rumor that the gigs at the O2 arena will be the last for the Stones. Can anyone find out if this is true?
26th June 2007 12:58 PM
pdog I just checked with my sources deep, deep inside the internet... They've told me that since 1969, rumors about the end have been circualting... This can only mean one thing....
Since 1969 The Stones have been having one long exteneded farewell tour.
Buy your tickets now!!!
26th June 2007 12:58 PM
Saint Sway Not true at all.

The last show will be one week earlier. The 02 shows will be cancelled all together bc of laringitis.

feel better now?
26th June 2007 01:02 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
pdog wrote:
I just checked with my sources deep, deep inside the internet... They've told me that since 1969, rumors about the end have been circualting... This can only mean one thing....
Buy your tickets now!!!

Lol, I was thinking up something similar . "Buy them NOW! Only £300,- (includes early-bird reduction)"
26th June 2007 01:03 PM
mojoman This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
Ill never look into your eyes...again

Can you picture what will be
So limitless and free
Desperately in need...of some...strangers hand
In a...desperate land

Lost in a roman...wilderness of pain
And all the children are insane
All the children are insane
Waiting for the summer rain, yeah

Theres danger on the edge of town
Ride the kings highway, baby
Weird scenes inside the gold mine
Ride the highway west, baby

Ride the snake, ride the snake
To the lake, the ancient lake, baby
The snake is long, seven miles
Ride the snake...hes old, and his skin is cold

The west is the best
The west is the best
Get here, and well do the rest

The blue bus is callin us
The blue bus is callin us
Driver, where you taken us

The killer awoke before dawn, he put his boots on
He took a face from the ancient gallery
And he walked on down the hall
He went into the room where his sister lived, and...then he
Paid a visit to his brother, and then he
He walked on down the hall, and
And he came to a door...and he looked inside
Father, yes son, I want to kill you
Mother...i want to...fuck you

Cmon baby, take a chance with us
And meet me at the back of the blue bus
Doin a blue rock
On a blue bus
Doin a blue rock
Cmon, yeah

Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

It hurts to set you free
But youll never follow me
The end of laughter and soft lies
The end of nights we tried to die

This is the end
26th June 2007 01:04 PM
Angiegirl http://www.shibumi.org/eoti.htm
26th June 2007 01:12 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
I just checked with my sources deep, deep inside the internet... They've told me that since 1969, rumors about the end have been circualting... This can only mean one thing....
Buy your tickets now!!!

A rumor I heard said it was over years ago.
26th June 2007 01:14 PM
Mr Jurkka Theres allways rumours about it.. since 69'

[Edited by Mr Jurkka]
26th June 2007 01:22 PM
polytoxic
quote:
thefan wrote:
I just heard a brutal rumor that the gigs at the O2 arena will be the last for the Stones. Can anyone find out if this is true?

Only time will truly tell, but word around the Stones camp is that This Is It.
Ask around.
26th June 2007 01:28 PM
glencar I think this is it but that's only a hunch.
26th June 2007 01:29 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Ok. I guess the newbie has left by now...
26th June 2007 01:31 PM
pdog The cool thing is, they won't say, and it ends with death!
It's a paradox!
26th June 2007 01:31 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Ok. I guess the newbie has left by now...

Lol, and he had such a cute nickname, "thefan", aaawwwwwwwww
26th June 2007 01:32 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
The cool thing is, they won't say, and it ends with death!
It's a paradox!

Much better than the emotionally blackmailing farewell tours, which totally suck. Especially because it's almost always never true. I like the way Faith No More did it, with a press release blaming the drummer immedietly following the last show.
26th June 2007 01:49 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

Much better than the emotionally blackmailing farewell tours, which totally suck. Especially because it's almost always never true. I like the way Faith No More did it, with a press release blaming the drummer immedietly following the last show.

I don't know his name... But it's either him or some dude that looks like him, I see alot in the city. From giants games to shows and just random places throughout. The weird thing is he looks at me like he knows me, and we've never met. Maybe he's gay! I know Roddy was, he was dating a guy I worked with in the early 90's...
26th June 2007 01:53 PM
gimmekeef I think its fair to say this will be the last full blown world tour....But small 20 show jaunts to USA/Europe seem likely until we lose one of the 4 or they say enough....But I seriously doubt the O2 shows will be the end....
26th June 2007 02:10 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

I don't know his name... But it's either him or some dude that looks like him, I see alot in the city. From giants games to shows and just random places throughout. The weird thing is he looks at me like he knows me, and we've never met. Maybe he's gay! I know Roddy was, he was dating a guy I worked with in the early 90's...

Maybe he recognizes you from all the various random places he sees you and wondering if he knows you from somewhere. I get that at gigs a lot where I am wondering if I know that guy and can't remember or if I just see him at every gig.

There is this dude who looks familiar in a think I know you from somewhere kinda way. Finally talked to him for the first time at a bus stop a year or so ago. Turns out me and him have been to almost all the same gigs for over a decade from club gigs that draw 20 people to stadium gigs, even all The Humpers gigs.

He has extra Sonic Youth pit tickets if you end up coming down for that...
26th June 2007 02:12 PM
Joey
quote:
thefan wrote:
I just heard a brutal rumor that the gigs at the O2 arena will be the last for the Stones. Can anyone find out if this is true?

My Sweet Sweet Ass !!!!

BEST STONES YET !!!!

UN - FRIGGIN - BELIEVABLE STONES !!!!!

Jacky !

26th June 2007 02:14 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

Maybe he recognizes you from all the various random places he sees you and wondering if he knows you from somewhere. I get that at gigs a lot where I am wondering if I know that guy and can't remember or if I just see him at every gig.

There is this dude who looks familiar in a think I know you from somewhere kinda way. Finally talked to him for the first time at a bus stop a year or so ago. Turns out me and him have been to almost all the same gigs for over a decade from club gigs that draw 20 people to stadium gigs, even all The Humpers gigs.

He has extra Sonic Youth pit tickets if you end up coming down for that...

Really... I'll be in anahaim that Friday night... I'd have to drive to The Greek, how far is it? It's really Redd Kross I want to see!
26th June 2007 02:29 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

Really... I'll be in anahaim that Friday night... I'd have to drive to The Greek, how far is it? It's really Redd Kross I want to see!

The Greek is about 20-30 miles. Its kinda by the Hollywood sign. At the far east end of those hills up in Griffith Park.
26th June 2007 02:35 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:

I'm happy for you Dan
26th June 2007 02:36 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

The Greek is about 20-30 miles. Its kinda by the Hollywood sign. At the far east end of those hills up in Griffith Park.

and what would traffic be like on a friday, getting over there?
26th June 2007 03:08 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

and what would traffic be like on a friday, getting over there?

Very very bad. Traffic always sucks, which is why I prefer to do all my traveling underground.

And the Greek Theatre is one of those venues where there is only one road up for like a half mile. Some of the usual suspects may laugh, but I always make better time on foot.
[Edited by Dan]
26th June 2007 03:09 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I'm happy for you Dan

You're just jealous because I can make friends. If you're like the average Black Crowes/Allman Brothers fans I have seen, no one wants to get within ten feet of you.
26th June 2007 03:21 PM
Joey " ..I prefer to do all my traveling underground. "

26th June 2007 04:42 PM
deuce There may have been rumors of the last tour since '69, but they're all 38 years older now
26th June 2007 04:49 PM
pdog
quote:
deuce wrote:
There may have been rumors of the last tour since '69, but they're all 38 years older now

Death is the end!!!
26th June 2007 04:54 PM
Jeep
quote:
thefan wrote:

Yes this is true.

26th June 2007 05:05 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:

You're just jealous because I can make friends.

26th June 2007 05:25 PM
fireontheplatter just so long as dan keeps a firm hold of that 40 and joystick, all is well.

but to answer the question...
i am enjoying this euro tour now and they seem to be strong...from a fans point of view..there are some out there that are picking this apart in terms of flubbing chord changes and timing and this and that...
i used to be like that during the 80's and early 90's but not anymore. i have learned to just enjoy the music they play at my concert..i save the day for monts at a time....hell i had to wait 5 months untill i saw my hartford conn show..and when i got into the parking lot 5-6 hrs before showtime i went and bought me a nice program and that booklette of stickers and went bac and drank beer and ate some burgers and had one or 2 jack and cokes and went and enjoyed the show. it was one of the best days of my life...that and the tailgate to the second show at giants stadium show...that was a wine afternoon..on an empty stomach...owww.

i think the stones will let us know when the end is near.

i feel they will do wonders with this euro tour...after all it is kind of a 'make up' kind of deal just to prove themselves loyal to their fans.

not to be selfish or anything...but i have a feeling they will do another round of stadium shows in the usa...soon. for better or worse, i'll probably be at the show closest to me. cheeseburger and wine in hand talking to a complete stranger in some parking lot.

go rolling stones.............

everybody say ow
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)