ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gimme another chance please, I can play the drums babies
© 1970 Michael Putland with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick guest appearance at Live 8? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 1st, 2005 06:54 AM
Gazza No Stones at Live8 tomorrow, but :

Breakfast TV in the UK mentions a possible guest appearance by Mick Jagger to close tomorrow's Hyde Park show

see here :

http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,211827

Bjornulf from IORR states he heard a rumour of a possible guest appearance with Joss Stone.

Dont know how likely either of these are, as I assumed Mick was still in the US finishing the Stones album, but i guess you never know..
July 1st, 2005 07:29 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Said it before, will say it again. I get a feeling something will happen here. Ronnie is in town for his exs funeral. I think Charlie is in town too. Mick and Keith could come.
July 1st, 2005 07:39 AM
Flairville Really hope it's true! My train leaves for London tonight, the last time I went to London was to see Ronnie's gig at the Theatre Royale. We saw an unnanounced guest there too, didn't we Gazza!
July 1st, 2005 07:42 AM
Gazza we sure did.

I dont think theres a chance of the Stones playing as a band, VS - there has to be a gap in what is already a tightly arranged running order which is timed practically to the minute and with a quick turnaround between acts. Plus, theres a strict curfew on events at Hyde Park and the organisers will be careful it doesnt over run

A guest appearance at someone else's performance isnt going to take up any extra time.
July 1st, 2005 07:48 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Geldof was in the press the other day for pulling nhis set from the bill. Who is he making way for? Its the Stones. Geldoff wouldnt give a fuck about over running!
July 1st, 2005 08:01 AM
Monkey Woman Geldhof may not, but the city of London would!
July 1st, 2005 08:06 AM
LadyJane Macca and Bono--move over in your little Sgt Pepper's Suits.

Mick and the Boys are gonna BLOW you off the stage!!!

LJ.
July 1st, 2005 08:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Geldof was in the press the other day for pulling nhis set from the bill. Who is he making way for? Its the Stones. Geldoff wouldnt give a fuck about over running!

Admirable though he may be from a humanitarian standpoint, Geldof shouldnt even be on the bill in any musical sense. He was finished as a recording artist even before the Boomtown rats played Live Aid in 1985 for Chrissake.

maybe his ego got a reality check and realised he belonged on the bill less than anyone else did. That bill is over crowded already as it is.
July 1st, 2005 09:04 AM
Honky Tonk Man Paul McCartney is closing the event and The Sun newspaper is reporting that Mick Jagger and George Michael could be joining him on stage.
July 1st, 2005 09:29 AM
Gazza oh please. Thats a case of "list a singer who isnt in the bill and add them where you please without thinking of the fact that they wouldnt ever perform together"

McCartney, Jagger and Cottage George sharing the vocals on "long and winding road". Yeah, sure
July 1st, 2005 09:36 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Paul McCartney is closing the event and The Sun newspaper is reporting that Mick Jagger and George Michael could be joining him on stage.

That would be the gayest thing ever. I don't mean gay in a George Michael kind of way. Just GAY.

Maybe Mick and George can wear the other two Sgt Pepper suits. I still think they're going to be the ones the Bee Gees wore in the movie version.

To quote Bob Dylan:

"Tell me, great hero, but please make it brief/
Is there a hole for me to get sick in?"
July 1st, 2005 09:41 AM
Honky Tonk Man The Long And Winding Road will indeed be McCartney’s last number. What The Sun is reporting is that Mick Jagger and George Michael may join him for an encore. It doesn't indicate as to what the hell that may be though!
July 1st, 2005 10:18 AM
Gazza cant see what song could possibly follow it

Apparently, the PRINT edition of "USA Today" claims that the STONES will be playing tomorrow and has a picture of Jagger as well. Dont know where, though.

Has anyone in the US seen this?

Now its starting to get silly...!
July 1st, 2005 10:20 AM
Joey " Apparently, the PRINT edition of "USA Today" claims that the STONES will be playing tomorrow and has a picture of Jagger as well. "

July 1st, 2005 10:22 AM
jb Bad idea imo...You are going to have some awesome performances ...why would Mick want to go on stage without his band and be anti-climatic...?
July 1st, 2005 10:25 AM
Gazza ermm..possibly because like the 9/11 show at the Garden, the CAUSE is more important than a battle of inflated egoes?
July 1st, 2005 10:29 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
jb wrote:
Bad idea imo...You are going to have some awesome performances ...why would Mick want to go on stage without his band and be anti-climatic...?

I don't think it's a bad idea at all. I think it'll be quite funny. In fact, it's so gay, it's going to be hilarious!

Remember, McCartney is closing the show. Mick Jagger and George Michael will be guests for his encore. It's not Mick solo.
July 1st, 2005 12:35 PM
Voodoo Scrounge The Stones Will play!

I will bet
July 1st, 2005 12:41 PM
jb
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

I don't think it's a bad idea at all. I think it'll be quite funny. In fact, it's so gay, it's going to be hilarious!

Remember, McCartney is closing the show. Mick Jagger and George Michael will be guests for his encore. It's not Mick solo.

"Old habits die hard"?
July 1st, 2005 12:42 PM
Private Godfrey http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/thelive8event/lineupandartists/running_order.shtml

It's on this BBC web site - official running order - Mick and George Micheal at the end ! Glad to say i'm going and i intend to wear a bright orange Stones T shirt to show my support.
July 1st, 2005 01:43 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
cant see what song could possibly follow it

Please don't let it be Let It Be...
I will vomit all over my TVset if I hear the 3 of them singing that one
July 1st, 2005 02:03 PM
FPM C10 Coldplay and Richard Ashcroft: Bitter Sweet Symphony

RICHARD ASHCROFT? Well, he'll be doing "Let the Eagle Soar", right?

I guess Mick is going over to pick up the royalty check for the performance of "Bitter Sweet Symphony" and thought he'd sing something while he was there.

Elton and Pete Doherty doing a T-Rex song is interesting.
July 1st, 2005 02:09 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
jb wrote:
"Old habits die hard"?

Bowies gonna be jealous
July 1st, 2005 02:15 PM
christijanus
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I guess Mick is going over to pick up the royalty check for the performance of "Bitter Sweet Symphony" and thought he'd sing something while he was there.

The check would be for Allen Klein (ABKCO), do you think Mick will pick it up for them and deliver there?
July 1st, 2005 02:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
Private Godfrey wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/thelive8event/lineupandartists/running_order.shtml

It's on this BBC web site - official running order - Mick and George Micheal at the end ! Glad to say i'm going and i intend to wear a bright orange Stones T shirt to show my support.

Its NOT the official running order. It says so at the top of the page.

Unofficial Running Order
The official running order has not been revealed, but the BBC News website has compared lists printed in various UK media and below is an indication of what to expect from 1400 onwards.

A lot of that is still speculation. Note that it says that one of Pink Floyd's songs will be "Money". Every other media story I've read in the last two weeks said that they would be playing "Breathe" instead. "Money" would of course be the most obvious song on the entire bill!

July 1st, 2005 02:18 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
ermm..possibly because like the 9/11 show at the Garden, the CAUSE is more important than a battle of inflated egoes?

That 9/11 show was friggin fantastic !!!!!!!!!!

Live Aid ' 85 ( QUEEN stole the show )

Concert for 9/11 ( THE WHO stole the show )

Live8 ( U2's turn ..... ?!?!?! )

Developing ....................................

" Why can't the American Bands compete , Ronnie ? "

Spastic ! ™

July 1st, 2005 02:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

That 9/11 show was friggin fantastic !!!!!!!!!!

Live Aid ' 85 ( QUEEN stole the show )

Concert for 9/11 ( THE WHO stole the show )

Live8 ( U2's turn ..... ?!?!?! )

The Stones, Joey, the Stones!
Have some fucking optimism, boy!
July 1st, 2005 02:23 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The Stones, Joey, the Stones!
Have some fucking optimism, boy!

" It may have escaped everyone's attention that in photographs of the 1985 Live Aid concert I am the only man present with a sensible, classic, short haircut. I also look very handsome indeed, especially as photographed by David Bailey and displayed in the Gents at the Caprice. I point this out because, musically on that occasion, we were trounced by Queen, who were in the middle of a tour. This time, no doubt, we'll be trounced by U2 who are in the middle of stadium rock's answer to the ANC revolution. What are we in the middle of? We are in the middle of 'resting'. Again. I have a feeling my haircut will again prevail. I wonder suddenly, is this truly something I should be bragging about?

It will be the only big show we do this year, or at least the only one we do until someone asks us to do another one. Our career is so ailing. We badly need to have our career revived. I write this at two- thirty in the morning. Fretting so much about my ailing career I can hardly sleep. I have worries. I'm sure I do. "

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=110&zone=diary

July 1st, 2005 02:39 PM
Gazza Thank fuck then that Live Aid was 1985 and not 1982

Heroin addiction still doesnt excuse that year's 'sensible' haircut and equally awful bandanna

And check out that footwear, Pete! Even worse - no socks!

[Edited by Gazza]
July 1st, 2005 02:41 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Thank fuck then that Live Aid was 1985 and not 1982

Heroin addiction still doesnt excuse that year's 'sensible' haircut and equally awful bandanna

Nice ass though .....................

W- W- W- What ?!?!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)