ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Gimme another chance please, I can play the drums babies
© 1970 Michael Putland with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick guest appearance at Live 8? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
July 1st, 2005 02:45 PM
thejuf I think it is very likely that Mick ONLY will play:

1. there is cricket at Lord's earlier on the day, Sir Mick is member so he will be in London anyway to attend the match.
2. Charlie will be occupied with serious other matters, since two people working at the stud were found dead last Thursday.I don't think he will be in for a brief concert, considering the circumstances. Hence no Stones....

July 1st, 2005 02:47 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Heroin addiction still doesnt excuse that year's 'sensible' haircut and equally awful bandanna

Wh-wh-what???
July 1st, 2005 02:53 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Thank fuck then that Live Aid was 1985 and not 1982

Heroin addiction still doesnt excuse that year's 'sensible' haircut and equally awful bandanna

And check out that footwear, Pete! Even worse - no socks!

[Edited by Gazza]

At least he's wearing Levis.....wait, are those Jordache? Yikes!
July 1st, 2005 02:55 PM
Bloozehound good gawd o'mighty!

were they opening for tears for fears or something
July 1st, 2005 02:55 PM
Gazza
quote:
thejuf wrote:
I think it is very likely that Mick ONLY will play:

1. there is cricket at Lord's earlier on the day, Sir Mick is member so he will be in London anyway to attend the match.
2. Charlie will be occupied with serious other matters, since two people working at the stud were found dead last Thursday.I don't think he will be in for a brief concert, considering the circumstances. Hence no Stones....

mick doesnt go to all of the big cricket games at Lords' when he's in town, though!

Fair point on Charlie, although if the band had already decided to play, I doubt this would make a difference.

The last time they played Hyde Park, a certain person died two days beforehand as well and THAT didnt stop them from playing!
July 1st, 2005 02:58 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Gazza wrote:
oh please. Thats a case of "list a singer who isnt in the bill and add them where you please without thinking of the fact that they wouldnt ever perform together"

McCartney, Jagger and Cottage George sharing the vocals on "long and winding road". Yeah, sure

Wait, even BBC is reporting it now. Here is list - 4 songs from REM = WTF?

Sir Paul McCartney and U2: Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

U2: One

Coldplay: In My Place, Fix You

Coldplay and Richard Ashcroft: Bitter Sweet Symphony

Sir Elton John (introduced by Little Britain's Matt Lucas and David Walliams): Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, The Bitch is Back

Sir Elton John and Pete Doherty: Children of the Revolution

Dido: Life for Rent, White Flag, Thank You

Stereophonics: Songs to be confirmed

REM: The One I Love, Losing My Religion, Imitation of Life, Everybody Hurts

Ms Dynamite: Dy-na-mi-tee, Judgement Day, Redemption Song

Keane: Everybody's Changing, Somewhere Only We Know

Travis: Sing, Turn, Why Does It Always Rain On Me?

Annie Lennox: Walking on Broken Glass, Sisters are Doin' It for Themselves, Sweet Dreams

UB40: Food for Thought, Red Red Wine

Snoop Dogg: Songs to be confirmed

Razorlight: Somewhere Else, Golden Touch, Vice

Madonna: Like a Prayer, Music, Ray of Light

Snow Patrol: Chocolate, Run

Joss Stone: I Had a Dream, Super Duper Love

Scissor Sisters: Laura, Take Your Mama

Velvet Revolver: Songs to be confirmed

The Killers: Songs to be confirmed

Sting: Every Breath You Take, Message in a Bottle, Desert Rose

Mariah Carey: Make It Happen, Vision of Love

Robbie Williams: Let Me Entertain You, Rock DJ, Feel, We Will Rock You

The Who: Won't Get Fooled Again, Baba O'Riley

Pink Floyd: Money, Comfortably Numb, Wish You Were Here

Sir Paul McCartney: The Long and Winding Road

Finale: Sir Paul McCartney joined on stage by George Michael and Sir Mick Jagger
July 1st, 2005 03:06 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

[...]
Finale: Sir Paul McCartney joined on stage by George Michael and Sir Mick Jagger

See....... when we think he can't do any wort FUCK UP.... here we go...... singing with George Michael......oh gawd........ that's one more MAJOR FUCK UP....

Fuckin' Timberlake wasn't that bad after all.......
July 1st, 2005 03:07 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

See....... when we think he can't do any wort FUCK UP.... here we go...... singing with George Michael......oh gawd........ that's one more MAJOR FUCK UP....

tee hee hee
July 1st, 2005 03:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Wait, even BBC is reporting it now.

unofficial though, based on a compilation of media rumours (including the one in "The Sun", of course).

I think Mick will maybe play, but I have to say I find the idea of him singing with George Michael hideous and toe-curling in the extreme.

McCartney and Jagger are big enough names worthy of closing such an event. George isnt.

Question - What's white and runs down a toilet wall?
Answer - George Michael's latest 'release'
[Edited by Gazza]
July 1st, 2005 03:09 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

So true! Months of counseling had put the Mick-singing-Timberlake tragedy out of my mind. But if Mick gets on stage with George Michael, he will have destroyed the Rolling Stones........forever!
July 1st, 2005 03:14 PM
Moonisup wake me up! Before you go-go
Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
Wake me up before you go-go
I don't want to miss it when you hit that high

that in a medley with midnight rambler!
GREAT
July 1st, 2005 03:23 PM
Gazza zip me up before you go-go!
July 1st, 2005 03:33 PM
Joey
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
good gawd o'mighty!

were they opening for tears for fears or something

Would you like to touch my Monkey?

Go Ahead !!! ….. Touch him! Love him! Liebe meine abs-monkee."

Liebe Meine Abs-Monkee !!!

LIEBE MEINE ABS MONKEE !!!!!!!!!

LIEBE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 1st, 2005 03:34 PM
sirmoonie I'm never gonna dance again,
Guilty feet have got no rhythm.
Though it's easy to pretend,
I know you're not a fool.....
I should have known better than to cheat a friend,
And waste a chance that I'd been given.
So I'm never gonna dance again,
The way I danced with yoooooooo..........

Hit them high notes Mick!!!!
July 1st, 2005 03:35 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I'm never gonna dance again,
Guilty feet have got no rhythm.
Though it's easy to pretend,
I know you're not a fool.....
I should have known better than to cheat a friend,
And waste a chance that I'd been given.
So I'm never gonna dance again,
The way I danced with yoooooooo..........

Hit them high notes Mick!!!!

Is George Michael Gay ?!?

July 1st, 2005 03:35 PM
Moonisup well, to speak with the words of JB after the *timberlake incident*

this is the end of the rolling stones, as we know them*
July 1st, 2005 03:36 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

Is the Pope a Nazi?
July 1st, 2005 03:36 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Joey wrote:

LIEBE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are your reactions on this brand-new FUCK UP my Nebraskan brother?

Did Puggy and FPM sent those reports of our "Coalition"?

I's need's to know's!

J. Fresh!
July 1st, 2005 03:37 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

Is the pope a NAZI?
July 1st, 2005 03:37 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Joey wrote:

LIEBE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats what mick and gorgie will be singing together on stage

set my monkey free, do you love my monkey or do you love me!
July 1st, 2005 03:38 PM
sirmoonie
July 1st, 2005 03:38 PM
JaggerLips DAVID BOWIE AND MICK JAGGER TO REPRISE DANCING IN THE STREET!!!!!!!

I HOPE AND PRAY I'D LOVE THAT SO MUCH AND THEN KEITH, CHARLIE AND RONNIE TO COME ON STAGE AND DO GIMMIE SHELTER!!!
July 1st, 2005 03:40 PM
Moonisup I don't blame George, I think he thinks that mick is gay
July 1st, 2005 03:40 PM
FPM C10
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Is the Pope a Nazi?

quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Is the Pope a NAZI?

Hahahahaha!!!!!

Great (read:C10) minds think alike!

I made the mistake of considering whether or not to find a humorous photo to go with this obvious comeback to Joey's gracious set-up.

But actually, it was your joke whether you posted it or not. I thought: what would MOONIE do?

Moofie!
July 1st, 2005 03:42 PM
sirmoonie
July 1st, 2005 03:42 PM
Joey

For My Babies :

July 1st, 2005 03:46 PM
PeerQueer Ah c'mon Mick! Are you fucking kidding me??????

Mick Jagger
Paul McCartney

Ok - from a rock-royalty perspective, those two can hang on a stage together. But George fuckin Micheal??????

Somebody please tell me this is in fact, not true. Can't be true. I agree, Timberlake was ridiculous. This is beyond absurd.

The Stones would have been cool to see - maybe a little Salt of the Earth ala the 9/11 show, followed by a snarling take no prisoners Street Fighting Man. But George fuckin a go-go Micheal???????????????????

The end is near! Time to sell off the portfolio, the end of days are upon us! Dear sweet Lord, why?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????...sob...?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????...-sniffle-...??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????-hang looooowwwwwwwww sweeeeet chariot-...?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
July 1st, 2005 03:48 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Hahahahaha!!!!!

Great (read:C10) minds think alike!

I made the mistake of considering whether or not to find a humorous photo to go with this obvious comeback to Joey's gracious set-up.

But actually, it was your joke whether you posted it or not. I thought: what would MOONIE do?

Moofie!

Cheers! I saw that. Joey sets them up, we knock 'em down!
July 1st, 2005 03:50 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Cheers! I saw that. Joey sets them up, we knock 'em down!

Did someone say , " Knock 'em " ?!?!

July 1st, 2005 04:06 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Please don't let it be Let It Be...
I will vomit all over my TVset if I hear the 3 of them singing that one

Is impossible! Mick CAN'T sing Let It Be... My god, don't bring ideas!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)