ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forty Licks Fanclub Bigger Bash

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Getting High Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
30th June 2006 06:14 PM
glencar
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

You've been asking a LOT of suspicious questions, Glenny. "Where does one get heroin?" "On gay dates, who pays?" "Can we go dutch?" etc. It sounds like you have a helluva 4th o' July weekend planned!

See, that's actually funny. I know you're now gone for a few hours but this latest running away episode will end soon.
30th June 2006 06:26 PM
SheRat
quote:
Zack wrote:

I love this shot. Notice the two piles. I suppose the big one on the right is the blow and the smaller one on the left is the smack. Yet I would think such a huge amount like that would kill you. Keith's passed out yet there are two lines still cut. And look at the size of those fatties! I don't know the procedure for multi-snorting. Do you alternate between one and the other, or just do a little of the H and groove on the blow till you're so wired you need more horse to mellow out a bit?

I know I've read that Keith didn't shoot, but I'm of the opinion that, because Keith probably got pretty fucking killer, pure blow, that the larger pile is still not chopped--meaning there's prolly lots of rock in it, while the smaller pile is what he's just chopped to snort. I know I've done this. It's fun, too, the chopping. I guess it's a little like how junkies get attached to thew whole ritual of shooting.
30th June 2006 06:31 PM
SheRat
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Ha! Yeah, I found myself making the same comments recently - a friend was talking about some new legal herbal stuff that was supposed to make you hallucinate. He said, for instance, when looking at magazines, pictures seemed to come to life. I said "why would I want that to happen? Isn't life f%&*@cked up enough?"

Then I laughed and thought about how much of that is because I got older, and how much is because the world got uglier. I sure as hell wouldn't want to watch the news if I was tripping.

Back in the day, though, back in THE DAY! I hate to sound like Old Man Monkey, but you snot-nosed punks wouldn't know real 'cid if'n it bit ya in the butt.(Actually I have no idea - haven't done any since the early 70s - but I know just during the time I was in high school the quality decreased dramatically, from 4-way orange barrels which would make 4 people trip for 8 hours, at least 2 of that in outer space, to blotter that made you grit your teeth and the wallpaper crawl a little.)

Our generation deluded ourselves (or did we?) that we weren't getting a buzz - that was for coarse rednecks and their bourgeois booze - we were raising our consciousness, learning to look at our world in a new, magical way, seeing dimensions that we normally missed. And after awhile, you had gone as far as the chemicals could take you and there seemed no real point in continuing to explore ground now familiar. I quit any sort of hallucenogen about the same time I got into a new band and discovered blow. (See: Johnny Depp movie of same name)However, sometime in the early 80s, someone gave me some 'shrooms, and I thought that might be an acceptable way to revisit an earlier era. I began to carefully plan everything - it was wintertime, so I would freeze them until spring, when conditions were optimum and positive - new growth and awakening, not the frozen white death of Pennsylvania in December. I would retreat, with some trusted companions, into the quiet forest, to a favored spot of seclusion near a waterfall which had always been a place where I felt centered and safe, and there we would pass a lovely afternoon of zen musings on the nature of reality, with the soothing sounds of rushing waters in our attuned ears.

HOWEVER, as it turned out, my keyboard player and his wife talked me into doing them almost immediately. We gobbled them down and headed to a biker bar where we drank and did blow and drank more. Then we went for an all-night cruise, me at the wheel, and at some point, around 3 am, we were on the main street of a small town stealing Xmas decorations - the parking meters had been covered with decorated PVC pipe to look like giant candy canes, and we managed to pry one of the 7-foot tall pipes loose and drove off giggling with it sticking out the back window of my Chevy Belair. On the way to their house, he dropped a lit cigarette down the back seat, and when we got there the car was shrouded in stinking smoke. Unable to stop laughing, we dumped a pitcher of water on it and went in to spend the rest of the night doing lines and laughing. Their front porch was newly decorated with a festive 7-foot candy cane, which the police later confiscated without asking too many questions about how it got there.

I haven't tripped since.

[Edited by FPM C10]

That sounds fucking great! The last two times I did shrooms, I threw up, but I did come away with the epithet "Glamour has a bald spot"

30th June 2006 06:32 PM
pdog From rolling ajoint to cooking up dope, it's always about the ritual. Shit even popping the cap off a cold one...
*sigh*
30th June 2006 06:36 PM
SheRat
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
There is as much redemption in excess as there is an abstinence.

Any wimp can be sober, hell most people are born sober - it takes mondo-guts to abuse mood and mind altering substances.

Disciples of The Watch, I am the prophet.

Or, to quote Barfly "Not eberyone can be a drunk. Being a drunk takes stamina."
[Edited by SheRat]
30th June 2006 06:39 PM
Altamont In his book, Spanish Tony describes Keith snorting heroin at Nellcote. And i know that book has a spotty reputation but i dont see why He'd make that bit up, considering it's common knowledge that Keith and Gram P were smacked out of their heads at the time.

and Keith used needles fer sure
30th June 2006 06:51 PM
SheRat
quote:
Altamont wrote:
In his book, Spanish Tony describes Keith snorting heroin at Nellcote. And i know that book has a spotty reputation but i dont see why He'd make that bit up, considering it's common knowledge that Keith and Gram P were smacked out of their heads at the time.

and Keith used needles fer sure

Nonetheless, I'm sure I wouldn't put a big pile of smack next to a big pile of blow on the same mirror. Whilst drinking JD. That's a sure fuire way to not have any control over your H to C ratio.
30th June 2006 07:29 PM
pdog
quote:
SheRat wrote:

Nonetheless, I'm sure I wouldn't put a big pile of smack next to a big pile of blow on the same mirror. Whilst drinking JD. That's a sure fuire way to not have any control over your H to C ratio.

Yes...
And Keith shot dope but didn't mainline it, meaning he skin popped it, you don't have to blow out your veins. With cocaine, it must be injected into the vein. Trust me, missing a hit of coke, fucking hurts! And... If you shot coke, you're shooting non stop... Just like with snorting it, you do it more often. Unlike heroin, depending on the habit and person, you really only need to fix a few times a day!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)