ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Forty Licks Fanclub Bigger Bash

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Getting High Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
30th June 2006 11:41 AM
BONOISLOVE I get high everyday.

On LOVE, that is:

BONOLOVE!

Now, WORSHIP ME, you INFERIOR asshole!!!!
30th June 2006 12:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels

EXERPT FROM
http://www.jackasscritics.com/movie.php?movie_key=701

"The first color Dragnet episode is a pretty famous and memorable one involving the "Blue Boy". At the beginning of the episode the drug LSD is not yet illegal in America. Friday and Gannon get the call for a teenaged boy acting suspiciously in a field. Friday and Gannon arrive to find "Blue Boy" - face painted blue with anti-police slogans written on his clothing. In spite of obviously being under the influence, his vice of choice is the still-legal LSD. In a superb move of one-upsmanship, Friday books the youth for "Immoral Activity" (a real eyebrow raiser!). "Blue Boy" is kicked to his parents with Friday and Gannon knowing the youth still has the monkey on his back. Fast forward through time, the California and Federal legislature has decided to outlaw LSD, Friday and Gannon manage to catch another LSD call involving the "Blue Boy". Friday and Gannon arrive and kick in the door only to find a stiff "Blue Boy" who no longer is able to peddle his community destroying pills.

The whole episode plays out like a bad 80's after school special. The anti-drug message is so heavy handed it comes off very humorously and entertaining. Friday and Gannon take a trip to the police lab to find out what exactly LSD is, and the police scientist, dressed in his all white garb, all but hands pamphlets to the class while he describes the potential ill effects. This is a great first episode since it gives the viewer an excellent idea what's in store for them in the remaining episodes."

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
30th June 2006 12:34 PM
keefkid i think i remember that episode...

its too funny, the harder they tried to warn us back then the harder we all laughed.... because face it, exactly like you said - heavy handed msg for sure...

thats why SNL was such a riot when it first came out, remember the X-POLICE ?? ya they bust into someones apt because they smell weed or something and throw the guy out the window, which of course is ANOTHER DRUG RELATED DEATH solved by THE X-POLICE

haaaaaa
30th June 2006 01:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
keefkid wrote:
i think i remember that episode...

its too funny, the harder they tried to warn us back then the harder we all laughed.... because face it, exactly like you said - heavy handed msg for sure...

Well, it goes kind of beyond a "heavy handed message." It's a classic textbook example of early TV propaganda. Primitive, yes, but very effective. LSD is still illegal, like pot, isn't it?

30th June 2006 01:51 PM
Twostoned
quote:
SheRat wrote:

really? Because I just spent the Sunday, Monday and Tuesday on various combos of valium, darvocet and vicodin.

Vicodin yes... valium yes... darvocet Noooooo Ugh
30th June 2006 01:53 PM
keefkid
quote:
Twostoned wrote:

Vicodin yes... valium yes... darvocet Noooooo Ugh

vicodin sux ... darvocet YESSSSSSSSSS

haaa
30th June 2006 01:56 PM
keefkid
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well, it goes kind of beyond a "heavy handed message." It's a classic textbook example of early TV propaganda. Primitive, yes, but very effective. LSD is still illegal, like pot, isn't it?

effective how...?? telling middle american ma & pa how deadly drugs are and how we must lock everyone up who does them and how everyone will DIE if they use them or effective in keeping kids from using??

yes to the former, no to the latter...

so very effective, no i think not
30th June 2006 02:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
keefkid wrote:
so very effective, no i think not

Effective enough to keep Pot illegal all these years.
30th June 2006 02:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
30th June 2006 02:08 PM
Twostoned
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Fun? It almost killed Keith, it killed ten of your friends as you say, it's killed countless of people. And when I see junkies, "fun" is definitely not what comes to mind. The illusion of having control is what traps people in the very first place.

I never got the concept of drugs either way - I mean, apart from the romanticized [sp?] image the rock 'n' roll lifestyle wants you to bite. Why mess with reality and your concept of it, when it's so messed up as it is already? And then deal with cold turkeys and depedencies and getting fixes and all that shit. I don't see the point.

Ahhhh... get off you "high horse".
30th June 2006 02:20 PM
MrPleasant Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.
30th June 2006 02:25 PM
keefkid
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Fun? It almost killed Keith, it killed ten of your friends as you say, it's killed countless of people. And when I see junkies, "fun" is definitely not what comes to mind. The illusion of having control is what traps people in the very first place.

I never got the concept of drugs either way - I mean, apart from the romanticized [sp?] image the rock 'n' roll lifestyle wants you to bite. Why mess with reality and your concept of it, when it's so messed up as it is already? And then deal with cold turkeys and depedencies and getting fixes and all that shit. I don't see the point.

that my dea is EXACTLY the point...reality is messed up and drugs & alcohol are an ESCAPE from that reality

especially heroin...

and yea drugs can be fun if you can deal with it mentally & physically...which alot of people cant
[Edited by keefkid]
30th June 2006 02:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
keefkid wrote:

that my dea is EXACTLY the point...reality is messed up and drugs & alcohol are an ESCAPE from that reality

And why not? Fantasy and Reality are but two sides of the same coin.
30th June 2006 02:38 PM
glencar Where does one get heroin?
30th June 2006 02:42 PM
sirmoonie There is as much redemption in excess as there is an abstinence.

Any wimp can be sober, hell most people are born sober - it takes mondo-guts to abuse mood and mind altering substances.

Disciples of The Watch, I am the prophet.
30th June 2006 02:42 PM
keefkid
quote:

And why not? Fantasy and Reality are but two sides of the same coin.

like parallel universes...
in bizarro land...
for every right ...
theres a wrong...
for every up...
theres a down...
for every laff...
there's a cry...

and so on and so on and so on...

haaa

30th June 2006 02:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Where does one get heroin?

30th June 2006 02:47 PM
keefkid
quote:
glencar wrote:

30th June 2006 02:49 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
There is as much redemption in excess as there is an abstinence.

Any wimp can be sober, hell most people are born sober - it takes mondo-guts to abuse mood and mind altering substances.

Disciples of The Watch, I am the prophet.

You're light years ahead of others!
30th June 2006 02:50 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:

Probably any major city and a lot of not so major cities too. Its sold openly on the street in downtown LA. Not that I have ever tried it, its just pretty easy to spot the action.
30th June 2006 02:51 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:

In NYC? Shouldn't be too hard... The Bronx has alot of crack and heroin... Do you like Black people and Puerto Ricans?

If you are ever in SF, I can hook you up, it's all over and someone is always trying to sell me some!
30th June 2006 02:52 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:

You've been asking a LOT of suspicious questions, Glenny. "Where does one get heroin?" "On gay dates, who pays?" "Can we go dutch?" etc. It sounds like you have a helluva 4th o' July weekend planned!

30th June 2006 02:57 PM
pdog LOL... Flea!
He's just drug and bi-curious, that's all...
30th June 2006 02:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Well if you REALLY want to know.

The poppy crop was pretty good in AFGHANISTAN this year.
Iraqi Oil and Afghani Poppys....we're stylin.
30th June 2006 03:03 PM
pdog
quote:
Well if you REALLY want to know.

The poppy crop was pretty good in AFGHANISTAN this year.
Iraqi Oil and Afghani Poppys....we're stylin.

I shoot gasoline and run my car on dope!
30th June 2006 03:37 PM
Twostoned
quote:
pdog wrote:

someone is always trying to sell me some!

The temptation right now would be moore than I could bare.
30th June 2006 04:34 PM
sirmoonie
30th June 2006 04:37 PM
pdog
quote:
Twostoned wrote:

The temptation right now would be moore than I could bare.

Doesn't bother me at all !!!
The only temptation I ever have to deal with, is in my head. You can put out lines, fill a spopon with heroin, pass me beers... I'm all good.
It's those moments when I drift off into Euphoric recall, those are scarey!
30th June 2006 05:56 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

I shoot gasoline and run my car on dope!

Forget Bugs Bunny! YOU'RE my favorite superhero!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
30th June 2006 06:13 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

In NYC? Shouldn't be too hard... The Bronx has alot of crack and heroin... Do you like Black people and Puerto Ricans?

If you are ever in SF, I can hook you up, it's all over and someone is always trying to sell me some!

You know I love the blacks. And PR girls? There's a reason why Mick sang that line. And I certainly wouldn't do heroin. I hate vomiting. I was just curious about howe one gets it.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)