ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pre Rolling Stones - May 1962
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Queen Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
06-20-03 02:47 PM
Soul Survivor Any Queen fans here? Im not a die hard, but I like alot of their stuff...

Fat Bottomed Girls
Killer Queen
Bohemian Rapsody
Sweet Lady
Tie Your Mother Down
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Now I'm Here
Stone Cold Crazy
Death On Two Legs

Anyone like em here?>
06-20-03 03:03 PM
Sir Stonesalot The only vocalist that I dislike more than Robert Plant is Freddy Mercury.

Icky-poo.
06-20-03 03:05 PM
Soul Survivor what about that dude from Jethro Tull
[Edited by Soul Survivor]
06-20-03 03:10 PM
Pattie
I love Queen very much. I love their eighties stuff. The Works album is great. I think Rik likes Queen too.
06-20-03 03:20 PM
steel driving hammer I've always liked their bassist, but not their songs too much.

Especially the over played ones.

Fat Bottom and CLTCL are alright, but thats about it imo.

What was the deal w/ Freddy's half black half white leotard and that half stick mic?

But their Bassist was in the wrong band.
06-20-03 03:24 PM
Factory Girl I dislike Queen. Their stuff gives me the hee-bee-geebies.
06-20-03 03:43 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
what about that dude from Jethro Tull
[Edited by Soul Survivor]

that's a good guy, great music!
06-20-03 03:48 PM
steel driving hammer Ahh, Moony, your Chuck picture was the last to load.

For a brief moment, I though you got rid of it!

Your Lousiana recipes have surely let me down....
06-20-03 03:55 PM
Moonisup well what's next>

chuck takes long to load, cos he's the heavy weight in the stones!!!!

well, watch it, ore I hire the A team!!!
06-20-03 04:20 PM
Mr T incredible band - they just put out A LOT of shit

everything they did in the 80's sucked - they wrote the book on how to make a great thing go straight downhill - total aerosmith style
06-20-03 11:50 PM
Prodigal Son Too much pomp-rock, flashy, over-the-top, we-think-we're-funny-but-we're-just-pretentious junk. Sure, there's good parts to "Bohemian Rhapsody" but it's not meant to be taken that seriously and is waaay overrated. What if the Stones most nonsensical, tongue-in-cheek epic, "Something Happened to Me Yesterday," was considered a masterpiece, we'd call everyone loony. That's how I feel about "Bohemian Rhapsody." I like these tunes:
You're My Best Friend
Fat Bottomed Girls
Tie Your Mother Down
Another One Bites the Dust
We Will Rock You
Under Pressure, hell Bowie makes it worthwhile
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Killer Queen, to an extent
That's all, but I hate stuff like "We Are the Champions," "The Game," "Radio Gaga," "Bicycle Race," and a lot of other crapola. The 80s was just awful too. They tried to become a middle-aged Duran Duran or something. Plus, Freddie's voice just got weaker and weaker. Sure, they were good at Live Aid, but in the end, these guys are more overrated than, jb will deny this vehemently, the Beatles themselves.
06-21-03 12:08 AM
Soul Survivor I agree with you in many cases

We Will Rock You, Bohemian Rapsody, Another One Bites The Dust, We Are The Champions....highly over rated

Check out the tune "Sweet Lady"....has a Stones sound to it...
06-21-03 08:43 AM
Pattie
I love the eighties stuff..
" I want to break free" "It's a kind of magic* lots of good songs.

06-21-03 08:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man I hate Queen with a passion!

The thing is, they all seem like REALLY nice genuine guys whenever interviewed on tv. Brian May often confesses to being completley oblivious to fashion.

I take it everyone saw him on the roof of Buckingham Palace for the Queens Jubilee? That was shameful!

Alex
06-21-03 09:06 AM
stonedinaustralia sorry soulie - well i'm not really sorry but i don't like like to disagree with you ('cos , inter alia, you made 1000 posts before Xmas (memories)- but imo me no like queen - i mean, i can appreciate bohemian R for what it is in the history of popular music and all that (just like dark side of the moon) but it's not the kind of thing i'd listen to when i really want to hewar some thing , if you know what i mean...

SS - i think fred's worse than plant - but i guess that's my problem

queen = it's not rock and roll and i don't like it

06-21-03 05:18 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Pattie wrote:

I love the eighties stuff..
" I want to break free" "It's a kind of magic* lots of good songs.

Pattie your right, I used to LOVE the song It's A Kind Of Magic. Thank you so much for reminding me about it! Great guitar in that one. The vocals are sort of weak, but the guitar, ohh the guitar!
06-21-03 05:58 PM
Sir Stonesalot Here's my opinion on Queen: Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!
06-22-03 06:46 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Pattie wrote:

I love Queen very much. I love their eighties stuff. The Works album is great. I think Rik likes Queen too.

jep
06-22-03 07:30 AM
Pattie
Hannibal!!!!!!
I love your your new pic Rik!
love the A-Team
love Queen!

I agree, the guitar on "it's a kind of magic" is wonderful, also the bass, John Deacon= great bass player
06-22-03 07:38 AM
Moonisup it nice to hear that 1 guitar player fits in a band,

well I don't like all their songs, I just hate Bohemian Rhapsody ahha but most I like
06-22-03 07:54 AM
Pattie
Have you gotten my mails Rik?
06-22-03 08:26 AM
Moonisup well 1, from yesterday,

well I wasn't at home at that time, so sorry!

rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
06-22-03 09:13 AM
egon queen rocks!

discussion over.
06-22-03 03:14 PM
keith_tif rubbish !!!
it's music for supermarkets
06-22-03 03:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot >queen rocks!<

Yeah, they rock the 4th grade.

06-23-03 08:27 AM
Factory Girl I like Aerosmith, but I dislike Queen.

Queen was pompous, formulaic and creepy.
06-23-03 08:30 AM
Jumacfly Queen is the perfect band to improve intestinal transit....

Cheers
Ju
06-23-03 09:24 AM
Zeeta Queen are awful!

All the geeks at school liked them and wore baggy black T shirts that said "queen - the greatest rock band on"

To Brian May:

"Afros are for not intended to be 'worn' by white guys - they look shit and so do you"

Sorry but just never dug em!
06-23-03 09:41 AM
Pattie
*cries*

Rollie! you make me cry, I love Queen.
06-23-03 10:05 AM
Jumacfly Queen, with Oasis and many other artists are on my black list....sorry for their fans..
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003