ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pre Rolling Stones - May 1962
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Queen Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
06-23-03 11:32 PM
steel driving hammer You see?
06-23-03 11:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot Tony, you REALLY don't want to start on me.

I told you, stay outta my way, and I would let you alone.

This is the very last time I tell you.

06-24-03 02:45 AM
Soul Survivor uhh, what would you do to Tony?
06-24-03 03:49 AM
Prodigal Son Radio ga ga indeed. And that Costello tune rules, as does Mighty EC himself. Point is, for all those that insist Queen is legendary rock folklore, The Stones will always rock. Mick will always be the living king/queen (naah, just kidding there) of rock. There is a dividing line between the heroes and zeroes of rock.
Look, folks: Rock gods
Jagger, Richards, Townshend, Young, V. Morrison, Lennon, Hendrix, Dylan, Elvis, sometimes even J. Morrison, Clapton, a lot to mention here.
Rock sods: Queen, Boston, Foreigner, Styx, Journey, Billy Joel, Motley Crue, any eggheaded metalmaniacs from the 80s. The list goes on even more in this respect.
Bottom line=Queen is Qrap!
06-24-03 09:55 AM
jb Yes, Queen became bigger b/c of the aids related death of FM. However, the English always loved Queen more than the Stones...I remember watching Live Aid and the crowd at Wembley was nearly orgasmatic during their set....thousands of wankers singing and waving hands in synchronicity ...I was truly embarrassed for our English friends....I wish I knew gazza at the time so i could have made fun of him.
06-24-03 12:54 PM
Pattie
I agree with you on that one, I wish the English would appreciate the Stones more. I never understood why they don't
06-24-03 01:18 PM
Mr T comparing 2 songs based on titles has to be one of the dumbest things - at least if your taking it seriously

for the record, both songs suck

anything Queen did past 1980 doesn't count as music - stop using those songs as examples
06-24-03 01:36 PM
Soul Survivor Mr T....there were a few good ones after 1980

One Vision
Headlong
Tear It Up

Check those....
06-24-03 01:40 PM
Mr T I've heard them. They are OK at best - but I still refuse to call them "Queen". The band that did Night At The Opera and the band that did all that synthesized shit on records like Hot Space are not the same band
06-24-03 01:45 PM
Soul Survivor I agree Hot Space is shit.....but Headlong is really great
06-24-03 01:51 PM
Mr T well - then, 99% of their 80's stuff is shit. The stuff that is OK doesn't bother me, but it'll never be the same Queen as far as I'm concerned

I don't know about you guys, but right now I'm eagerly waiting to see how SS plans to make good of his threat(or "warning") to Tony
06-24-03 01:52 PM
Soul Survivor Haha same here

SS vs Tony.....No Holds Barred

Reason for fight: Queen
06-24-03 02:12 PM
Mr T yes - enforcing your opinion over an open forum on the internet - truly what seperates the men from the boys
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003