ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pre Rolling Stones - May 1962
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Noel Gallagher - "The Stones haven't done anything good since...." Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
06-17-03 06:47 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Beatle Neil wrote:
What a wanker. The only semi-decent thing Noel Gallagher ever wrote or did in any way was the 'Royle family' theme tune.
And even The Stones' rice krispies advert is better than that.
The man is an obnoxious parasitical football hooligan.
The Beatles?....HA!! The lad hasn't got a fucking CLUE.
Take it from me. I'm quite qualified to diagnose that one. They gave him the 'Lennon Legend' best of CD to review in mojo mag - and that for one showed just how much he knows......BUGGER ALL!!
And, it seems, he's just shown us just
how much he knows about The Stones now, too.
Like, 'Little F & A' shall we say.

Neither Gallagher's got the bottle to be any sort of football hooligan, and by saying that, I am not condoning football hooligans. Anyone who supports Man. City has got to be either; retarded, or have suffered severe childhood depravation of some sort, and I think that shows in their utterly juvenile public personas. I don't mind their early work, but Liam and Noel are such twats in the public eye. It's all pre-pubescent attention seeking, so Noel's criticism of Mick's performance is- AS USUAL with these two pure unaduterated jealousy. If the world had remained as interested in The Oasis soap opera, as it has with The Stones LEGEND, we would have a very different story. What was it Liam said to Micheal Hutchence? " A has been presenting an award to a real star", or words to that effect. Well here we have a case of a wannabe criticising THE REAL THING. In 10 years they'll be asking Noel WHO?
06-17-03 01:20 PM
MarthaMyDear Noel Ugly? is what they'll be asking... CRACKING-UP!!! lol........................................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P And, I couldn't agree with you more, gypsymofo!!! I need my coffee!!! lol........................................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
06-17-03 02:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot MMD...You and I both know that being good looking has very little to do with being cool.

Keith Richards is the coolest mutha on the planet...but he sure ain't no classic beauty! Tom Waits is at the pinnacle of cool....yet he could never be described as handsome.

Cool lesson #3

Cool comes from within not from without. Looking the part is not enough. A cool person can make a burlap sack and a short length of twine look good. Cool people have an innate sense of style that never goes out of fashion. People spend thousands of $$$ on the latest fads to look cool. The problem with that is that a really cool person can spend $10.00 at a Goodwill Store and still look 10 times better. Designer lables are for people who think they have to impress others with their outward appearance. Those of us who are cool impress people just because we exist.
06-17-03 02:21 PM
Joey " Those of us who are cool impress people just because we exist. "

I would like to nuzzle you .
06-17-03 02:36 PM
jb You mean my 450.00 Dolce and Gabanna vintage distress jeans were a waste of $$$$...I think I look pretty cool in them.
On another note, was turning into the Town Center mall in Boca last night and a guy in the lane next to me honks his horn. I look over and a blonde guy about 30 is waving to me. I roll my window down and state do I know you...he states "you can"...I respond are you an old friend? He replies no, but we can be new friends. I laugh and explain calmly that I am married with kids....he responds that shouldn't be a problem...to which i respond , I don't think you understand, I'm not gay....he looks at me and states "does that mean we will never see each other again"?..I told him I guess so and wished him luck....
[Edited by jb]
06-17-03 02:45 PM
Joey " he looks at me and states "does that mean we will never see each other again"?..I told him I guess so and wished him luck.... "

Now you see Josh , if you had attended the Cleveland Summit , you would have instantly recognized my Baby Steelie .
06-17-03 03:06 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I think I look pretty cool in them.<

You think? See, right there is your problem. If you gotta think, you ain't cool.

Oh, and a cool person would NEVER spend $450.00 for a pair of used jeans.

"A fool and his money are easily parted."

Don't you get it yet JB? Just because you have cool stuff doesn't mean that YOU are cool. It just means that you have cool stuff. Stuff is just stuff. Any knucklehead can have stuff. But the RIGHT stuff has got to be inside you. You can't buy it bro. I'm betting that you have it in you somewhere...after all, you are a Stones fan...we just have to dig around until we unearth it.
06-17-03 03:20 PM
gypsy jb, are you bragging about giving off a gay vibe?
06-17-03 04:23 PM
Joey " jb, are you bragging about giving off a gay vibe? "

Gypsy ......................You are Precious ......................You make Joey giggle .
06-17-03 10:05 PM
gypsy Hi, sweetie! I've missed you so much. I'm happy any time I can make Joey giggle.
06-17-03 10:18 PM
nankerphelge Just you watch -- that secretary thing will head south real quick and then where will he be?

He'll be driving around that neighboorhood again looking for Savage Sam!! His "new buddy!"

Next thing you know, they'll be at a local "bar"
And jb will be pushing in his stool for him!!!

06-18-03 12:10 AM
MarthaMyDear I agree with you WHOLEHEARTEDLY, SS, actually... And, being a genuinely nice person at heart is what I consider the ULTIMATE in coolness in people, also... BUT, having a Victoria's Secret credit card and shopping their annual sale can make one cool, also (because the savings are good)!!!
YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT A RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did well today!!! jb, your story cracks me up!!! lol......................................
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I think you'd like the mall I was at today... It's called The Grove (next door to the Farmer's Market in West Hollywood) and it's somewhat new and VERY nice (an outdoors-type of "plaza", etc., kind of like the Century City plaza but smaller, etc.)... The Beverly Center is GROSS... The outdoor plazas are GREAT to walk-around in during the summer... I'll stop talking about shopping now... Must go to Debtor's Anonymous... Must calm down... lol......................................
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P It was fun, though... lol......................................
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Peace and ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
06-18-03 12:53 AM
gypsy Yep, nanky, you're right--as usual. Mrs. jb is going to be steamed when she learns of the affair...and she'll run him through the freakin' cleaners.
Joey wants to know if we could get jb's jew-fro sporting offspring on weekends. He's just dying to teach them how to roll their first joint.
That's my Joey--a real mover and a shaker!
[Edited by gypsy]
06-18-03 03:05 AM
marko What,so this makes me a coolest bastard?right?hah well,i don�t think so.Shit still nervous from my eurotour.
06-18-03 09:59 AM
Joey " Joey wants to know if we could get jb's jew-fro sporting offspring on weekends. He's just dying to teach them how to roll their first joint. "

Damn Straight My Princess --- Get them while they are young .

Hacky !
06-18-03 03:24 PM
gypsy Of course, we will send the boys to Cal Farley's Boys Ranch in Texas...where Joey spent most of his youth.
06-18-03 03:35 PM
Joey " Of course, we will send the boys to Cal Farley's Boys Ranch in Texas...where Joey spent most of his youth. "

Not True My Princess , I spent ten years here :

www.HoweMilitary.com

.....and then it was off to Bard College for seven years up there at " Annadale - on - the - Hudson , NY "

You know , THAT Bard College , the one where Larry Hagman , Chevy Chase , Bea Arthur and " Steely Dan " all went to .........

What ?!?!?!?! Oh , sure thing :

www.ChristiShake.com

Hacky !

06-18-03 06:48 PM
sammy davis jr. I've always been known as the coolest cat on the planet. No brag, just fact. It's in my bones, baby. Keith 'aint got nothin' on me.
06-18-03 10:10 PM
parmeda LMAO...where did this thread swerve off to?

Hey, was it Liam or Noel that got their teeth bashed out this past December? I think it was Liam, not sure...hope it was Noel. I could be wrong...
06-18-03 10:38 PM
gypsy Both Gallagher brothers are idiots. I really wish the media would just ignore them altogether, and quit printing up their stupid lame-ass negative putdowns. They don't need any more attention...they've been doing this for years. It ain't cute...
If I hit one of those brothers, I'd make damn sure he couldn't get up for a good while.
06-18-03 10:40 PM
gypsy Oh, and Joey, I've got a new site that is right up your alley:
www.totse.com
06-19-03 12:12 AM
wkoetke Musical opinions aside (even the idiots from Oasis are entitled to theirs)...

Has anyone else noticed how the critics - whoever they are - of the Stones tend to say "...at their/his [Mick's] age, running aroudn in spandex..."? Well, actually, dickheads, unless I'm mistaken Mick hasn't worn spandex on tour since he 1981-82 tour. They have, in fact, in my opinion, aged "gracefully" into their last several albums and tours.

Like Mick said before the 1989 tour "More grown up, more steel wheels". I don't know what the fuck "more steel wheels" meant, but it's definitely been "more grown up", yet still energetic and vital.

Just wondering if anyone else noticed this. People are allowed to just not like the Stones if they want, but at least get the facts straight

06-19-03 03:01 AM
gypsy Yeah...Mick wasn't wearing spandex when I saw the Stones in concert. He wears trousers...and he looks damn good in them too. The critics are obviously jealous.
06-19-03 11:16 AM
Riffhard The thing that's so obvious about these idiot Gallagher fucks is that they know that the only way to make any news is to slam living legends. They've made a career out of dropping names in a negative way just to get attention from it. Remember when they slammed George Harrison a couple of years ago. All the while Liam knew that George was dying from cancer yet he said it anyway. Why? Because the twit knew that it would make headlines! Fucking predictable idiots!

There's another cool tip for you jb. Never rag on people or bands just to get attention! You have never done that have you?! The coolness is within you Josh. I have sensed it for some time now. It's just waiting for the right time to blossom.

Riffhard
06-19-03 11:20 AM
nankerphelge Toronto Riffy!!!
06-19-03 11:29 AM
Riffhard Are ya goin' Nanky?! It's a freebe right?

Riffhard
06-19-03 03:24 PM
Honky Tonk Man Oasis are more of a nostalgia act now. Fans go to hear their "Oldies" Wonderwall, Don't Look Back In Anger, Supersonic.... Many of the fans at their shows are 25+ in age.

I don't think anyone is really THAT botherd about Oasis anyway. There are plenty of younger guitar bands out there. Most from the US. The Strokes, White Stripes and my favourite, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

Noel Gallagher has being spouting out the same shit for almost 10 years now. He is getting boring, but i amfraid to say, that they're roll in Britpop is going to be recounted forever.

Alex
06-19-03 03:25 PM
Joey " I have sensed it for some time now. It's just waiting for the right time to blossom. "

You make Joey smile .

06-19-03 06:18 PM
Boomy
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
but i amfraid to say, that they're roll in Britpop is going to be recounted forever.

Alex

With all that aside, I'd still punch their faces if I could have the chance. It's what they need.
06-19-03 06:21 PM
sirfito Noel G. don't exist, man.
He can't take drugs any more as it seems. His brain it's too much destroyed.
"The butter it isn't for pussy cats" like a friend of mine said.
Besides Oasis is one of the WORST BAND EVER (IMO).
Next topic, plase...
All the best,
Fito
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003