ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pre Rolling Stones - May 1962
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Noel Gallagher - "The Stones haven't done anything good since...." Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
06-14-03 06:36 PM
gotdablouse "...Yeah, it does. You can�t keep that up at 35. I see myself having another five years in the band and then I�ll do something else. I think it�s sad when you�re 40 and you�re still pretending to be a gang. I won�t be doing this when I�m 41. Only the Rolling Stones are doing it and they haven�t done anything good since 1971. I can�t see myself doing that. As for Liam in spandex, leaping around like Mick Jagger, I think he really is sad enough to still be doing that when he�s middle-aged...'

Well that's his opinion I guess, full interview here:
http://www.noelrock.com/
06-14-03 06:39 PM
Soul Survivor That's full of shit. Nothing good since '71 my ass.

And as for the Mick stuff, Im just getting sick of it. These people WISH they could do what Mick was and is still doing...
06-14-03 07:00 PM
Beastie Bry The guy needs to stop doping up. Apparently he can't take it very well.

You know how JB is the Beatles basher? Well, this guy is the Stones basher, and there's just no place for it!!
06-14-03 07:04 PM
steel driving hammer Yawn.

Meow.
06-14-03 07:21 PM
Mr T Oasis hasn't done anything good since 71 either

in fact - I think 1971 was one of the best years for Oasis
06-14-03 10:57 PM
monkeyman Noel Gal... WHO IS IT ??????
WELL, MAY BE A "COCKSUCKER BLUES"
YEAH.
Lucas.
06-14-03 11:20 PM
Soldatti Oh, Oasis, their last album debuted at #23 in the States and the second week dropped to #134 and out.
Oh, the Rolling Stones, since 1971 their hit the Top 10 with 25 differents albums, and the Top 40 with almost all the rest. Oh, but the people don't like the Stones, of course, they released bad albums as Dirty Work, but peaked in the Top 5 in the States. And the same year an incredible awesome album as 'London Calling' only reached #27!.
And Oasis?
And Oasis?

People, forget that idiot.
06-15-03 12:47 AM
gringo300 well, someone can make an even more stupid comment.

someone could comment that the beatles haven't done anything good since 1970.

06-15-03 05:08 AM
L&A The one-and-only good Gallagher was Rory
06-15-03 07:03 AM
gotdablouse Who's JB that Beatles basher?

As usual Noel Gallagher shoots off his mouth...strange because he seems to be settling down a bit and so is his music that's losing any edge it ever had.

He says they sold 3 million albums last year, not bad!
06-15-03 02:56 PM
Gazza >in fact - I think 1971 was one of the best years for Oasis

probably was their last great year,because Liam was born in 1972!
[Edited by Gazza]
06-15-03 03:03 PM
BillyBoll and when did fuckin' Oasis ever do anything original anyway!
06-15-03 03:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
L&A wrote:
The one-and-only good Gallagher was Rory

And my cousin Peter
06-15-03 06:55 PM
Beatle Neil What a wanker. The only semi-decent thing Noel Gallagher ever wrote or did in any way was the 'Royle family' theme tune.
And even The Stones' rice krispies advert is better than that.
The man is an obnoxious parasitical football hooligan.
The Beatles?....HA!! The lad hasn't got a fucking CLUE.
Take it from me. I'm quite qualified to diagnose that one. They gave him the 'Lennon Legend' best of CD to review in mojo mag - and that for one showed just how much he knows......BUGGER ALL!!
And, it seems, he's just shown us just
how much he knows about The Stones now, too.
Like, 'Little F & A' shall we say.
06-16-03 02:24 AM
MarthaMyDear I fucking hate those stupid, negative, squabbling, ugly drug addicts!!! Sorry, people... I'm on a roll tonight!!! Just give me an Oasis thread when I'm on a fucking roll and I'll LET IT FLY!!! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!! lol.............................. WHO IN GOD'S NAME *** EVER *** THOUGHT-UP THOSE UGLY-ASS HAIRCUTS FOR THEM, ALL SQUARE, AND SHIT?!?!?! GOD, WHAT AN UGLY TREND THAT SHIT WAS!!! FUCK, that trend made me feel old, and shit, like some young kids who should NEVER have gone to beauty school EVER made a HUGE mistake and the world lapsed in sanity for a few seconds!!! SS!!!!!!! WHERE'S MY VALIUM?!?!?! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.............................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P GOD, HOW ANYONE would call those ugly haircuts and that Beatle rip-off music that was DEPRESSING anyways, good, I will NEVER KNOW!!! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.............................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Actually, if you think about it, they DID kind of have, like, these "hung-over Beatles haircuts" and "acid flashback Beatles music" making one RUN to the nearest AA and NA meetings just to commit suicide!!! OH, CHRIST!!! SS!!!!!!! WHERE ARE MY LAXATIVES?!?!?! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.............................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
06-16-03 09:43 AM
Joey That's what I love about The Stones , The Who and Macca , they don't give a damn about what anyone else thinks of them and just go out and earn a lot of money -- all the while entertaining the Hell out of tens of millions .

It is one thing to SAY that you don't care what anyone thinks or says about you .......but it is something else to really MEAN it .

" Bite Me Hard Ronnie "

Jacky !
06-16-03 10:28 AM
jb Macca gives a dam
[Edited by jb]
06-16-03 10:37 AM
Joey " Macca gives a dam "

I disagree , but one thing we can BOTH agree upon is that he has two of the cutest little Macca Breasts known to Mankind .........................................and you ?????????

Jacky !
06-16-03 12:01 PM
jb I think this was posted a year or 2 ago , and when I wished him death or some terminal illenss I was soundly rebuked.
[Edited by jb]
06-16-03 12:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well, you only got rebuked because you are you, JB. Everyone hates you.

See, you & I could post the exact same thing, and people would praise me for saying it, and dump on you. You know why?

Because I'm cool, and you are not.

I will, however, be kind enough to tutor you in the ways of "cool". I'm sure a man of your wealth can afford the cost of my lessons. You have "it" buried in you somewhere...I can help you find "it".

And then you will be loved. Hell, your secretary just might start taking Dick-tation from you again!
06-16-03 12:24 PM
jb Thank you SS....and I am pleased to say the secretary thing is back on again and I am telling you guys this girl is so smoking hot that you too would risk losing about 750k in marital assets for a few minutes with her....
06-16-03 02:33 PM
Joey " I will, however, be kind enough to tutor you in the ways of "cool". I'm sure a man of your wealth can afford the cost of my lessons. You have "it" buried in you somewhere...I can help you find "it". "

Stoney , you make Joey sniggle .

" Drop Me off in Groovetime , Soothe me with the Slang of Ages Ronnie -- Show me where I turn . "

Jacky !
06-16-03 02:42 PM
jb Max wasn't cool either!
06-16-03 02:57 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh my JB. We have a long way to go, I see.

Maxy may be the only person on these boards who is cooler than I am.
06-16-03 03:00 PM
jb Doesn't getting laid by a hot chick count towards being cvool?
06-16-03 03:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, it would count....if you were not married with children.

Now it just seems like a desperate midlife crisis. Eeeeyyyeeeewwwww. Icky-poo.

Now see, the cool thing to have done in this instance is...not tell everyone.

Cool lesson #1.

Never seek approval for your actions. Someone who is cool is so confident and self-assured that they already KNOW that they did the right thing. Cool does not need to show off.
06-16-03 03:39 PM
Joey The Jimmy Whitley is so cool that I mentally sit at his feet listening to his worldly expoundings .

We are a secret society . Undercover of the night we are -- Hug Me .

Bob Jacky !

06-16-03 04:08 PM
gypsy SS is right.
06-17-03 01:19 AM
Sir Stonesalot OK, I was remiss...The Jimmy Whitley is cooler than me too.

Cool lesson #2.

Be right all the time. Remember, it's not ego if it's the truth. If you talk it, you gotta be able to walk it.
06-17-03 02:51 AM
MarthaMyDear I'm cooler than you because I'm better-looking than you!!! lol.................................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003